Raptors media and coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I think it works when a player is upset. People should read body language before just talking with guy, even if he is a star on that team. Sheesh, have some respect and decency reporters.
    The whole concept of immediate access (or just about) to the media throng after a game is so passe imo. The cliches. Who really needs to hear that...over and over...adds nothing to the coverage. I'd rather grill the coach after a game. Suggest they talk to the players the next day or have a rotating single player representing the team rather than everyone.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      The whole concept of immediate access (or just about) to the media throng after a game is so passe imo. The cliches. Who really needs to hear that...over and over...adds nothing to the coverage. I'd rather grill the coach after a game. Suggest they talk to the players the next day or have a rotating single player representing the team rather than everyone.
      If someone wants to speak after a game, let them go. If not, leave em alone.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        If someone wants to speak after a game, let them go. If not, leave em alone.
        I hate when media acts entitled. If a guy has a bad game and doesn't feel like talking to guys that are more than eager to tear them apart in the papers the next day, I have no problem with that. It's the first time Lowry has answered like that so he was obviously pissed. Give the guy a break
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          I hate when media acts entitled. If a guy has a bad game and doesn't feel like talking to guys that are more than eager to tear them apart in the papers the next day, I have no problem with that. It's the first time Lowry has answered like that so he was obviously pissed. Give the guy a break
          Personally I disagree. If you don't want to talk to anyone after you play bad...there's YMCAs for you all over the place. Talking to the media is part of earning 12 mil a year.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I like Jack. What bugs me most about Matt is that it's almost as if he's been told to bring out Jack's silly side. Jack can be giving topical insights about the game, then Matt makes a stupid comment that totally derails Jack's train of thought, resulting in a completely unrelated sidebar conversation that makes them both look like idiots. I think the suits at MLSE and/or the broadcast companies have ordered them to be 'less basketball and more entertainment'. It was even worse when the team was losing - if I hear one more 10 minute conversation about Bon Jovi or Jack's outdated cell-phone...
            I've been wondering why Devlin grates on me so much I have to mute and just watch for a few minutes every game/multiple times a game. I hate the guy, but your point of entertainment seems to hit the nail on the head.

Devlin is far more focused on the casual fan, as you pointed out. Because broadcasters know that's where ratings are. Few people watch opponents feeds, and certainly not casual fans.

I'm actually OK with Jack and even Leo.

Player interviews are the worst, but that's just me - I'm much less a fan of players than I am of the team. Never watch them, never will.

If something unique is actually said, such as JJ's "cocked that joint" I'll hear about it without wasting my time.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              I've been wondering why Devlin grates on me so much I have to mute and just watch for a few minutes every game/multiple times a game. I hate the guy, but your point of entertainment seems to hit the nail on the head.

Devlin is far more focused on the casual fan, as you pointed out. Because broadcasters know that's where ratings are. Few people watch opponents feeds, and certainly not casual fans.

I'm actually OK with Jack and even Leo.

Player interviews are the worst, but that's just me - I'm much less a fan of players than I am of the team. Never watch them, never will.

If something unique is actually said, such as JJ's "cocked that joint" I'll hear about it without wasting my time.
              The sad thing is that none of their 'entertainment' is the least bit entertaining. I also can't stand Matt's continued attempt to turn everything into a catch-phrase, that only the cool kids that watch the broadcast will know about.

- DeRozan's "no props needed"
              - Amir's "summer 3" or "analytics 3"
              - "Lou from the Soo"
              - "that's a shot they normally make" after every missed shot, as if the team typically shoots near 100%

Comment

"Bucket and Book-it"

Shut up Matt.

Comment

Smithy is just as bad for that. But he's better at analyzing.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

"that's a shot they normally make" after every missed shot, as if the team typically shoots near 100%
                    Love that one - . Okay if it's used when Amir, let's say, misses a chippie (although that's a shot every player in the league usually makes). But he says that after DD misses a contested 18 ft fadeaway - makes my brain say' "STFU you idiot" more often than not
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Personally I disagree. If you don't want to talk to anyone after you play bad...there's YMCAs for you all over the place. Talking to the media is part of earning 12 mil a year.
                      I understand what you're saying, I guess my point is that there is still a human element to it. And since this is the first time I can think of that Lowry gave an interview like this I think there's still a story in it about how pissed/disappointed be was with his/their performance.

You're right though they are professionals and part of their contract includes media availability.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

I like Jack. What bugs me most about Matt is that it's almost as if he's been told to bring out Jack's silly side. Jack can be giving topical insights about the game, then Matt makes a stupid comment that totally derails Jack's train of thought, resulting in a completely unrelated sidebar conversation that makes them both look like idiots. I think the suits at MLSE and/or the broadcast companies have ordered them to be 'less basketball and more entertainment'. It was even worse when the team was losing - if I hear one more 10 minute conversation about Bon Jovi or Jack's outdated cell-phone...
                        Jack will be talking and Matt will read the little blurb for the ads that pop up during the game, Jack goes from insightful to BACARDIIIII in an instant lmao

Comment

The sad thing is that none of their 'entertainment' is the least bit entertaining. I also can't stand Matt's continued attempt to turn everything into a catch-phrase, that only the cool kids that watch the broadcast will know about.

- DeRozan's "no props needed"
                          - Amir's "summer 3" or "analytics 3"
                          - "Lou from the Soo"
                          - "that's a shot they normally make" after every missed shot, as if the team typically shoots near 100%
                          - HEY HEY HEY don't be dissin my name ;(
                          - I always thought he was saying Lou from the Zoo hahaha
                          - This made me lol cause its so true

Comment

"The Pattman"

"From Lake Huron"

"Psycho with the three!"

"Ross the Boss slams it home"

Need I say more?
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Whenever my family watches a Raptors game together, my parents get pissed off at the commentators.

Especially when they were hyping Lowry's all star bid, and were saying #NBABallot every time he made a shot.

Also, my 8 year old brother was watching with me, and when Matt said one of his "FROM KAMLOOPS" or whatever city, my brother had the most confused look on his face, and went and asked my dad whether the Raptors were playing in Kamloops or not.

Personally, I really hate it when Mat says that.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

"Leo's Twitter is exploding right now".... I can't count how many times I've mumbled "I wish it would take him with it"! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X