Raptors media and coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors media and coverage

Lots of people have been complaining about raptors broadcast crews and coverage in general. I've noticed it more on Twitter too from prominent NBA writers in the states.

So, has the Raptors success and popularity outgrown the broadcast crews and coverage in general?

PLEASE be civil and respectful in your comments.

I don't have anything against the broadcast crews personally it just comes off as little league corny at times and think it might be time to consider upgrades.

Again, please don't ruin the conversation with ignorant and demeaning comments.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

I've never been a fan of raps announcers (started watching them lots 06-07 season). Regardless of their record, fanbase, neilson ratings, etc I would welcome change with open arms. Matt Devlin is actually not too bad if I really think about it, but Jack Armstrongs over-enthusiastic-smoker-throat yells annoy me every game. lol.
    SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
      I've never been a fan of raps announcers (started watching them lots 06-07 season). Regardless of their record, fanbase, neilson ratings, etc I would welcome change with open arms. Matt Devlin is actually not too bad if I really think about it, but Jack Armstrongs over-enthusiastic-smoker-throat yells annoy me every game. lol.
      Though Devlin has became annoying homer lately, justifying pretty much everything raptors do wrong.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

y'all. Our guys are good. Top 5 in the NBA, I bet.

Comment

Ha that's funny. Jack is the only guy in the crew I've liked since John Saunders, and I despise everyone else.

Matt Devlin is god awful and seemed like he was chosen because he sounded just like Rod Black......as if the world needed 2 of those guys to ruin every single sport shown in Toronto.
          Devlin sounds like he starts every sentence without any forethought and then just rambles on until something kind of comes close to a coherent sentence. He doesn't know the palyers names, he doesn't know the plays, he misuses terminology all the time, he beats every little new thing to the ground and his little catchphrases are the fucking worst!

Fuck Matt, Fuck Rod and Fuck Leo.
          and the segment with Rod, Leo and Mo Pete is borderline the cringiest thing on TV right now.

Edit:
          I will say though Leo's getting ticked with Casey's moves and semi calling him out lately, which is fun to see.
          Last edited by Letter N; Tue Feb 3, 2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            y'all. Our guys are good. Top 5 in the NBA, I bet.
            hahaha and unfortunately this is true. NBA announcers are the biggest homers, makes it hard to watch League Pass sometimes.

Comment

Just put Tom Sterner on the Mic. Problem solved.

But seriously, Matt Devlin is the absolute worst. He's different (and slightly better.. er less annoying) when he announces for NCAA or the Playoffs, so I blame Jacks drinking problem for that.

Comment

I like Jack. What bugs me most about Matt is that it's almost as if he's been told to bring out Jack's silly side. Jack can be giving topical insights about the game, then Matt makes a stupid comment that totally derails Jack's train of thought, resulting in a completely unrelated sidebar conversation that makes them both look like idiots. I think the suits at MLSE and/or the broadcast companies have ordered them to be 'less basketball and more entertainment'. It was even worse when the team was losing - if I hear one more 10 minute conversation about Bon Jovi or Jack's outdated cell-phone...

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Edit:
                  I will say though Leo's getting ticked with Casey's moves and semi calling him out lately, which is fun to see.
                  Really? I better start tuning into the local broadcasts again.

What's he been saying?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

What's he been saying?
                    Neither Jack or Leo like the hero-ball. They both want more ball movement and more interior offense from the bigs.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

What's he been saying?
                      For one....the lack of use of JV...like lobbing him the ball especially when the long bombs arent falling. Very wise!!!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Neither Jack or Leo like the hero-ball. They both want more ball movement and more interior offense from the bigs.
                        It's funny how the term "hero-ball" was once used in these threads as just a comedic exaggeration as to what was happening on the floor.

Nowadays, it describes Casey's playbook to a tee.

Comment

I have no issues with our radio team. I find they can say stupid stuff here and there, but they know what there talking about when it comes to stuff. They even know that our team isn't getting it done on offence.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Dont want to distract the thread but the following as well pertains to the general media relationship.

During the post game locker room interviews last night Lowry apparently went into Marshawn mode....answering all questions with the same answer/monotone..."we had a bad game" or some variation of. The TSN site (Lewenburg) has a piece on it. After 3 questions the reporters gave up on KL. I thought that was a good thing.

Wonder what you all think of the event? Is this going to be a method du jour for players now? Personally I think this is a one-off incident (or I hope it is) with Lowry....a bad day at the office.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Dont want to distract the thread but the following as well pertains to the general media relationship.

During the post game locker room interviews last night Lowry apparently went into Marshawn mode....answering all questions with the same answer/monotone..."we had a bad game" or some variation of. The TSN site (Lewenburg) has a piece on it. After 3 questions the reporters gave up on KL. I thought that was a good thing.

Wonder what you all think of the event? Is this going to be a method du jour for players now? Personally I think this is a one-off incident (or I hope it is) with Lowry....a bad day at the office.
                              I think it works when a player is upset. People should read body language before just talking with guy, even if he is a star on that team. Sheesh, have some respect and decency reporters.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X