Andray Blacthe available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andray Blacthe available

His team was just eliminated from the playoffs in china. I say we waive Steamer and sign him to vet min for the rest of the season....thoughts?

Don't need him and he's kind of a dummy. Don't need someone like him in the locker room, James Johnson would probably round house kick his dumb ass.

Comment

I wish we had kept Whiteside instead of Steamer. Hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Comment

Bltache is a option I'd consider. But knowing Casey, he'd never play!
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          I wish we had kept Whiteside instead of Steamer. Hindsight 20/20 and all that.
          Every team in the league passed on him, other than desperate Miami, who was the only team to give him a tryout.

Chat Ford has some insights on why he was passed over

“In the 15 minutes or so I spent with him one-on-one he projected a confidence that bordered on naïve arrogance. He compared himself to everyone from Dwight Howard to Hakeem Olajuwon, complained about where I had him on my mock draft (No. 14) and was insulted that our scouting report didn’t have more on his 3-point shooting ability.”
          He didn't go 14th in the draft - he dropped to 33rd.

“Lots of scouts loved Whiteside coming into the draft. Some saw him as a lottery pick… until, that is, they interviewed him… he was immature and overconfident.”
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Don't need him and he's kind of a dummy. Don't need someone like him in the locker room, James Johnson would probably round house kick his dumb ass.
            What makes you say he's a dummy?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              What makes you say he's a dummy?

Comment

Every team in the league passed on him, other than desperate Miami, who was the only team to give him a tryout.

Chat Ford has some insights on why he was passed over

He didn't go 14th in the draft - he dropped to 33rd.
                We gave him a tryout too. He played for us in summer league, and played pretty well. Especially if the other option was Steamer. Still, only upset after the fact. I figured it was just another D-League guy having a great summer league, happens all the time.

Comment

Don't need Steamer, I agree

Bebe's been here long enough to be able to cover whatever minutes Steamer would get, If we get so beat up to the point Bebe Steamer or Blatche are absolutely required, we're probably fucked anyway.

Of course Casey won't play Blatche - who's minutes is he going to take?

Don't need another big, need a lockdown PG defender to play Hansbrough type minutes - maybe 10 a night if needed..

Comment

We gave him a tryout too. He played for us in summer league, and played pretty well. Especially if the other option was Steamer. Still, only upset after the fact. I figured it was just another D-League guy having a great summer league, happens all the time.
                    He called around in November asking teams for a tryout. That's what I'm referring to.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I guess JJ owes me kick upside the head. Thought the "dummy" was in reference to Steamer. Yeah you guys are right about Blatche.

Comment

Don't need Steamer, I agree

Bebe's been here long enough to be able to cover whatever minutes Steamer would get, If we get so beat up to the point Bebe Steamer or Blatche are absolutely required, we're probably fucked anyway.

Of course Casey won't play Blatche - who's minutes is he going to take?

Don't need another big, need a lockdown PG defender to play Hansbrough type minutes - maybe 10 a night if needed..
                        I'd like that, but no way in hell Casey restricts the minutes of Lowry, Lou, or GV to give someone else 10 minutes a game at the point. He'd just be another bench warmer like Bebe and Steamer.

Comment

I'd like that, but no way in hell Casey restricts the minutes of Lowry, Lou, or GV to give someone else 10 minutes a game at the point. He'd just be another bench warmer like Bebe and Steamer.
                          Maybe your right, but not playing a guy MU specifically gets to stop opposing PG's would not be good for Casey's job security. Which I guess means there's a number of people here who would hope he doesn't play the guy.

Comment

Another player with a quick trigger and terrible shot selection? No tanks
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Blatche is decent. He has matured from his immature days in Washington (maybe KG straightened him up). He's great offensively, as he did in the playoffs where he was a nightmare. He's bad defensively however. And w/ Casey loving small ball, Jonas won't get to play. However, him and Jonas up front can be as deadly as our backcourt.

Comment

Working...
                              X