Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem w/ the Offence

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    stooley wrote: View Post
    yeah, it does. but the February part is only two games, and the January part includes our 'slump'
    both true, but february's schedule only get's worse and yeah jan includes the derozan injury and slump, and our defence is climbing back up.

    Comment


    • #62
      stooley wrote: View Post
      yeah, it does. but the February part is only two games, and the January part includes our 'slump'
      Yeah it does, and we're barely in the top 10 on offense and hilariously bad defensively.

      Comment


      • #63
        Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Yeah it does, and we're barely in the top 10 on offense and hilariously bad defensively.
        What?
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

        -Superjudge, 7/23

        Hope you're wrong.

        Comment


        • #64
          cinqueda wrote: View Post

          noticing a trend? looks like we've been figured out especially on offence, and we got a hard month ahead so february may end up looking even worse february we've been playing mostly bottom ten offensive teams and look at our defRT for it..
          It's simple guys.

          Teams realized that if you pressure/trap Lowry with a taller guard on the catch you can shut him and the rest of the team down. Lowry has difficulty passing out or into the paint against bigger defenders.

          That's why GV is in starting line-up and Derozan and Ross are being pushed to drive and kick more.

          The best examples of this were the Nets and Bucks games. Both teams used their length to disrupt Lowry into throwing bad passes and taking bad shots. Three incidents in the Buck games stick out: when Lowry tried to dump a bad pass a couple of times to JV after driving, and his wild desperation lob to JV in transition.

          Part of the reason why we won the Clipper game is a) DeRozan handled the ball more and had a great passing game and b) our guards/SF match up well with theirs in terms of size. Chris Paul is one of the few guards Lowry has a weight/size advantage on.
          Last edited by bryan colangelo; Sat Feb 7, 2015, 02:48 AM.

          Comment


          • #65
            bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            It's simple guys.

            Teams realized that if you pressure/trap Lowry with a taller guard on the catch you can shut him and the rest of the team down. Lowry has difficulty passing out or into the paint against bigger defenders.

            That's why GV is in starting line-up and Derozan and Ross are being pushed to drive and kick more.

            The best examples of this were the Nets and Bucks games. Both teams used their length to disrupt Lowry into throwing bad passes and taking bad shots. Three incidents in the Buck games stick out: when Lowry tried to dump a bad pass a couple of times to JV after driving, and his wild desperation lob to JV in transition.

            Part of the reason why we won the Clipper game is a) DeRozan handled the ball more and had a great passing game and b) our guards/SF match up well with theirs in terms of size. Chris Paul is one of the few guards Lowry has a weight/size advantage on.
            Its because he's playing SG next to GV. PG aren't trapped on catches but bringing the ball up court. If he isn't ball handling in a set he isn't the PG.

            Comment

            Working...
            X