Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    The problem isn't the 3's. The problem is the off-the-dribble 3's.

Catch and shoot threes: 39%
    Pull-up threes: 28%

And a full third of all our three point attempts are pull-up threes. Craziness.

Leave a comment:

• cinqueda
    replied
    godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    he did a video on our post gay offence last year, raved about it a bit and now we run iso's and more isos

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cinqueda
    replied
    SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    If James Johnson is benched due to some off court issue that DC doesn't want to expose I'd be cool with that. In fact it wouldn't surprise me. DC is a good guy and probably doesn't want to ruin chemistry and perception of his players nor the team.

But if he's benched for basketball reasons as he claims...... Wow , mind blow .

As arrogant as it sounds,, I think I would do a better job if only they gave me a chance. Lol
    I'd need to know all the details to see if I'd be happy with his punishment* or not.

I don't get what happened, he knew what he was doing last year we had a good team, and we filled our holes well with personell, then this is happening. I can't say I'd do a better job I don't know enough x's and o's but damned if i wouldn't try all my line ups out at least once, develop the players who are the future of the team, not play my worst defensive line ups to close out games, pull guards out when they got to trigger happy, and run systems that cater to my players not the oppositions.
    Last edited by cinqueda; Thu Feb 5, 2015, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    cinqueda wrote: View Post
    I would like to hear one too, I don't enjoy hating on my team, I almost want there to be some basis for it, so I can understand but I just can't work out why we keep doing the same things, remember when we put GV on tyreke evans? we tried to use him to guard joe johnson last night, I get that DD and Ross are small and get pushed off all the time, but why would GV do better? honestly I wouldn't mind trying 2pat on him, he's been surprisingly good on some wings players, not for the whole game of course but I'd prefer him their than vasquez. and has JJ got to play against the nets? i realise he was injured last time but before that I didn't notice it much although we did win so that's something.
    If James Johnson is benched due to some off court issue that DC doesn't want to expose I'd be cool with that. In fact it wouldn't surprise me. DC is a good guy and probably doesn't want to ruin chemistry and perception of his players nor the team.

But if he's benched for basketball reasons as he claims...... Wow , mind blow .

As arrogant as it sounds,, I think I would do a better job if only they gave me a chance. Lol

Leave a comment:

• cinqueda
    replied
    SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    Exactly.

I would love to hear a counter argument to this if there is any
    I would like to hear one too, I don't enjoy hating on my team, I almost want there to be some basis for it, so I can understand but I just can't work out why we keep doing the same things, remember when we put GV on tyreke evans? we tried to use him to guard joe johnson last night, I get that DD and Ross are small and get pushed off all the time, but why would GV do better? honestly I wouldn't mind trying 2pat on him, he's been surprisingly good on some wings players, not for the whole game of course but I'd prefer him their than vasquez. and has JJ got to play against the nets? i realise he was injured last time but before that I didn't notice it much although we did win so that's something.

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    cinqueda wrote: View Post
    only true if you make the shot, looking at the nets game: 25/46 from 2 10/33 from 3, so 54% from 2 30% from 3 30% of 3 is 0.9, 0.54% of 2 is 1.08, so until we start taking efficient 3's, it's actually better for us to shoot 2's, and this stat includes the terrible long 2's we always take if we could eliminate those too it'd be even more obvious, the problem with our offence well there's plenty

1, it's not an offence it's a bunch of guards trying to get theirs.
    2, bigs get pulled for mistakes but guards don't (I know I'm hating on guards but I like DD Lowry(pre #nbaballot) and Ross a lot, but it's largely the guards fault.)
    3, long 2's and contested 3's mean not only lower chances of going in, but also long rebounds we can't gather and transition points for opponents.
    4, Lowry become obsessed with lobs down the floor for whatever reason.
    5, everyone knows what's coming.
    6, we run stupid crazy help everywhere defence and players are all to tired to be effective on offence.
    7, we don't adjust to the teams we're playing, ever. do they have a weak centre and strong long guard? give the ball to DD and let him ruin his shooting percentage.
    8, I know I said we don't adjust but we actually to, just the wrong way we let opponents dictate the game and match it.
    9, when we're up big we dribble the clock down and shoot long 3's that miss until opponents catch up,
    10, when we're down big we shoot long 3's that miss early in the shot clock until opponents run away with it.

that's all I can think of now, I want to go back to horns, ice pnr's, more off ball screens, more passing more open shots, you know proffesional basketball stuff.
    Exactly.

I would love to hear a counter argument to this if there is any

Leave a comment:

• black angus
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post
    I think the lack of ball-movement and reliance on the 3 has caused problems at both ends. Obviously it's hurting us offensively, but it's also hurting defensively because we're not making opposing teams work hard on the defensive end. An Iso play makes one defender work hard and lets 4 defenders catch their breath. Effective ball movement and screens makes 5 defenders work hard. I'm always okay with a 3-pointer that comes after 20 seconds of keeping the defense in a scramble and chase mode, but they're only going to get into that scramble mode if the offense shows a willingness to drive or pass into the paint, and if there are decent offensive rebounders on the floor so that the 20 seconds of scrambling can become 40 seconds of scrambling. At the very least, you should come away from any possession with at least one positive; you might have missed the 3, but you've forced the defence to work hard, or perhaps you've uncovered a weakness in their defense that you can exploit on a future possession.
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    I think the lack of ball-movement and reliance on the 3 has caused problems at both ends. Obviously it's hurting us offensively, but it's also hurting defensively because we're not making opposing teams work hard on the defensive end. An Iso play makes one defender work hard and lets 4 defenders catch their breath. Effective ball movement and screens makes 5 defenders work hard. I'm always okay with a 3-pointer that comes after 20 seconds of keeping the defense in a scramble and chase mode, but they're only going to get into that scramble mode if the offense shows a willingness to drive or pass into the paint, and if there are decent offensive rebounders on the floor so that the 20 seconds of scrambling can become 40 seconds of scrambling. At the very least, you should come away from any possession with at least one positive; you might have missed the 3, but you've forced the defence to work hard, or perhaps you've uncovered a weakness in their defense that you can exploit on a future possession.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Great players don't usually pan out as good coaches.
    That doesn't work as an argument, past coaching practices of great players has no correlation/effect to the identification of Sabonis as a good or bad coach.

Example: The careers of Jason Kidd, Don Nelson, and Lenny Wilkens has no correlation or effect on the decision to hire someone like Sabonis.

Or another example, people were worried about Emiid's injury pre-draft because of what happened with Oden. Just because Oden's career turned out the way it did, doesn't mean Embiid's will.

Leave a comment:

• 2KJ
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Messina
    Becky Hammon! Let's make history!

Last edited by 2KJ; Thu Feb 5, 2015, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    Does anyone have stats on average 3s per quarter? I feel we take so many in the 4th quarter, especially at the 12-8 minute mark.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    soooo korver averages about 1.5 points better per game.

not really as big a difference as you think.

if they all shoot ten.....

korver hits 4
    the other two hit three.

meh
    so i guess there's no big difference between iverson's career efficiency and lebron's.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    More three's!

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Lowry is shooting 32% from 3 this year. Lou 32% as well. GV 35%

Stop chucking 3's.

Lowry and Lou needs to attack their defender off the dribble more instead of just chuckng 3's. DeRozan needs to operate mor e in the post. And Amir is a GREAT finisher, maybe set up more plays for him inside?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X