No announcement yet.

Rumour: Raptors Still Looking For A Big Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel Taj Gibson is extremely underated. I feel he could be that piece. Like Carlos Boozer was for the bulls and David West was for Indiana. His on par with Amir on D if not better. Also his way more polished on the other side of the ball.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I feel Taj Gibson is extremely underated. I feel he could be that piece. Like Carlos Boozer was for the bulls and David West was for Indiana. His on par with Amir on D if not better. Also his way more polished on the other side of the ball.
      Get what you're trying to say...but Boozer is an awful comparison. Boozer was a huge mistake for the Bulls, and an albatross on their roster for his entire time there.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
        Your. Not you're. Why is he a "terrific" defender? You seem to be prone to exaggeration. Faried "terrible". Amir "terrific". "10,000 x the player". I won't be expecting a nuanced, intelligent fargument from you any time soon Mach 11. Just a lot of bipolar statements with your signature "lmao".
        As far as Amir, RPM rated him one of the best defenders in the NBA last year. Big part of why our defence was rated 10th.

His D has slipped this season, but he's still top 40.among those playing 20+ minutes a game.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Get what you're trying to say...but Boozer is an awful comparison. Boozer was a huge mistake for the Bulls, and an albatross on their roster for his entire time there.
          Until they amnestied him. Epitome of the empty stats guy.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
            Yeah, have to admit, I haven't really gotten in to money ball type statistical interpretation in baaketball. And dot really know which metrics are good / broadly trusted and which one's aren't. I can inserstand money ball application in baseball, not so well in basketball. I think Faried is a better player than Amir. So did team USA. I don't think anywhere outside of TO or raptor nation would you find too many individuals saying Amir is better than Faried. And I've seen Faried light Amir's vaunted defence up. And out rebound him easily when matched up. Again, I like Amir, I just think overall Faried is better and that he has more upside.
            I think when you build a team with a choice of the best on the planet, you can take a guy like Faried for his intangibles..... he's an energy guy. Its a bit more difficult in league action.

That said, Amir is broken, his ankles are legit, broke. Healthy he's a beast, not many do more than him, but I doubt we will ever see him fully healthy ever again.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              I think when you build a team with a choice of the best on the planet, you can take a guy like Faried for his intangibles..... he's an energy guy. Its a bit more difficult in league action.

That said, Amir is broken, his ankles are legit, broke. Healthy he's a beast, not many do more than him, but I doubt we will ever see him fully healthy ever again.
              Faried makes a lot for a guy who really isn't good offensively or defensively and rely on broken plays to score. David Lee would be free and provides post offense as well as rebounding.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Fair point re intangibles on team USA. Amir looked good tonight actually. Wonder if he's getting healthier. would be nice if he was for our strength at the 4. I admire his toughness for playing hurt, but sometimes can't help thinking he's hurting the team and himself playing through injury so much rather than just sitting and getting near 100%. Taj does seem like not a bad option of he's available for a fair price, could play some back up C. But if we have a near healthy Amir, an improved 2pat, and a willingness to give JJ extra mins there, then it's less critical to bring in another 4. Over the last few months tho, I've felt we've looked undermanned there... Admittedly with Amir nowhere near his best. Like many peo

Comment

• People on here sometimes I've wondered if we'll ever see 95-100% Amir again. I've never thought he's a world beater, but he's a serviceable starting 4 when fully fit. Tho I've often felt his rebounding (positioning and hustle) could and should be better.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Faried is terrible

-No defense
                    -No range
                    -Overpaid

The only things he's good at is offensive rebounding and we're already good at that.
                    Agreed. He's basically a very very very rich man's Quincy Acy.

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                      Agreed. He's basically a very very very rich man's Quincy Acy.
                      If Bill Gates had a Quincy Acy, he'd be Kenneth Faried
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Never took this in but don't the bulls have to pay Butler this summer? Also I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the Knicks were willing to give Butler the max this summer.

Seeing that the raptors have a lot of expiring contracts. That could free up some cap space for them.

Here's hoping Butler wins All-Star MVP in Madison Square garden.

Landry and Hansbrough + 1st pick. Get it done Masai.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Never took this in but don't the bulls have to pay Butler this summer? Also I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the Knicks were willing to give Butler the max this summer.

Seeing that the raptors have a lot of expiring contracts. That could free up some cap space for them.

DeRozan is no where near the player as Butler.

Would you take Landry, bro, and a very late first round pick for derozan?

I wouldn't and I can't stand derozans game.

Comment

Never took this in but don't the bulls have to pay Butler this summer? Also I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the Knicks were willing to give Butler the max this summer.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

And haven't the Bulls publicly stated they would match any offer for Butler, including the max? Don't think he goes anywhere.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Serious man. Your thing with DD is a little too much. I wasn't talking about acquiring Butler.

What I was trying to say is that Bulls will need all the cap space they can get to resign Butler. In that case raptors would be great trading partners.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                And haven't the Bulls publicly stated they would match any offer for Butler, including the max? Don't think he goes anywhere.
                                http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ve-at-deadline
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X