No announcement yet.

Rumour: Raptors Still Looking For A Big Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a real 3/4 guy like Jared Dudley?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I got a buddy that works at the Pistons front office who told me the raps made a call asking about Monroe, but no follow up. Guess the asking price was too high for Masai
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        How about a real 3/4 guy like Jared Dudley?
        Not sure if sig is serious?

Comment

I like Taj, but it's a lateral move compared to having healthy Amir. Yes, we may not get healthy Amir back ever, but people were wondering if we could upgrade even when he was healthy. Taj is a better scorer in the post, but probably a worse all-around offensive player in a glue-guy role. Defensively they're incredibly similar. That said, it's a decent move if an obvious upgrade can't be made.

West could be good in the short term, but I echo CRF's sentiments...Probably not worth the cost. Biggest pro is probably he'll be a huge expiring contract/trade chip next year. But again, if it's a steep price to get him, not sure it's worth it.

I'm not a big Faried fan. He's not very skilled, doesn't have good size, isn't particularly sound fundamentally on either end....He's an undersized energy PF. And he's young, but hard to know if at this point he just is what he is. Would really prefer either Gibson or West (if only West was 4-5 years younger)...Guys who can actually contribute in intangibles, and have reliable skill sets that don't depend largely on a game getting disorganized (the setting Faried excels in).

I'd put Faried behind a guy like Monroe too. I'm skeptical a defensive system could easily be built around JV and Monroe, but he's skilled, big and a year younger than Faried.

I'm so disappointed Atlanta's doing this well. I was hoping another underwhelming season, and either Horford or Millsap would start to see greener grass in other places. Oh well...(FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!)

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Not sure if sig is serious?
            I made it as a joke but it's semi-serious.

Not kidding on Dudley either.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
              that's a great lineup. who would we be giving for chandler?
              Fields + 2nd for Chandler
              Hands + Lou + 1st rounder for Taj

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                Fields + 2nd for Chandler
                Hands + Lou + 1st rounder for Taj
                Neither deal gets accepted.

Comment

Lowry / Vasquez
                  DD / Ross
                  Chandler / JJ / Bruno
                  Taj / 2pat
                  JV / Amir / Bebe

And bring Chuck back on the vet min.
                  Honestly this looks like a great setup... And could always maybe be a little different if we want to stretch a team out (and our coach learns to be flexible) then our SF and PF set up can be switched... A combo of Chandler & Taj or a combo of JJ & 2pat, really feel that these lines could potentially push us to where we need to be in the playoffs.

However Ross should be kept.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                    Neither deal gets accepted.
                    Denver is crashing and burning, fields is an expiring and a pick for a guy who has injury woes. I feel it has a shot.

As for chicago, Taj is expensive and stuck there for 2 more years... He is looking less and less interested with his limited involvement (he wants to start but they keep bringing in players to prevent that). They need wing players, Lou is a solid bench scorer. Kind of like a 6th man for 6th man, then toss in hands as an expiring and a pick. Again I think these could have some traction. Ross should email untouchable.

Comment

Ross for Dudley.

C'mon guys, is that not a great deal???
                      Axel wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        I got a buddy that works at the Pistons front office who told me the raps made a call asking about Monroe, but no follow up. Guess the asking price was too high for Masai
                        How do you get a job like that?

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          Strange that they would even call. Can just sign him in the summer.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Strange that they would even call. Can just sign him in the summer.
                            Thats what I thought... He won't give me any further details because he's kind of a prick and likes to tease me with this kind of information
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                              How do you get a job like that?
                              All about who ya know man...

Comment

I'd love to get Gibson. I think he's a great fit and chicago is likely looking at freeing up salary to keep Butler.

I'm not feeling the Chandler or Gerald green trades though. Why not keep our assets/picks and sign a free agent in the offseason? Demarre Carroll is ufa this summer too and he would look good on the raps too.

Comment

Working...
                                X