Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    All about who ya know man...
    Isn't that the story of life... Fucking lame.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      I'd love to get Gibson. I think he's a great fit and chicago is likely looking at freeing up salary to keep Butler.

I'm not feeling the Chandler or Gerald green trades though. Why not keep our assets/picks and sign a free agent in the offseason? Demarre Carroll is ufa this summer too and he would look good on the raps too.
      I highly doubt that any Atlanta hawk will want to leave.. That is a scenario where I truly see players taking cuts to stay together. They made history this month by having all five starters named players of the month for January ( first time in NBA history). Honestly would you leave?

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
        I highly doubt that any Atlanta hawk will want to leave.. That is a scenario where I truly see players taking cuts to stay together. They made history this month by having all five starters named players of the month for January ( first time in NBA history). Honestly would you leave?
        they will if they lose to the Raps in the playoffs! haha
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Strange that they would even call. Can just sign him in the summer.
          Probably just due diligence, especially earlier in the year when Pistons were struggling. I mean, given Monroe's situation there's not much chance he could generate a quality offer, so might as well have seen if they were scared of losing him for nothing and what the asking price would be.

And it can be a minor thing to throw into negotiations if they go after him in the summer...He and his agent will know that we've been interested for awhile

Comment

Ujiri: Hey, I was wondering if Taj Gibson is available before the Feb Deadline?
            Forman: Let's see what you got
            Ujiri: Ok I'm listening
            Forman: Hmm, I will give you Taj Gibson + McDermott or Snell for Lowry + DeRozan + Valanciunas + 2015 1st round pick + 2016 1st round pick (NYK)
            Ujiri: You wish (Hangsup the Phone)
            Forman: Hello, Hello
            Ujiri: (Calls back again), You know what, we are getting Faried and we are only giving up Fields + 1st

Comment

Andrew Nicholson?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                Andrew Nicholson?
                Nicholson and Harmless might be a poor's mans Chandler Faried trade

Comment

I think that Masai will be able to not only keep our assets, but also get some. I don't think he'll go for a legit starting pf, but if he could grab a promising pf with a pick for let's say Lou, it would be great.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    I think that Masai will be able to not only keep our assets, but also get some. I don't think he'll go for a legit starting pf, but if he could grab a promising pf with a pick for let's say Lou, it would be great.
                    Taj could potentially go for that, frees cap space for chicago, they get a scoring wing and a pick. Seriously an expiring on top probably gets that done.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      I think the trade deadline is going to come and go without a squawk. On the 20th everyone will see Lou, Landry, Hayes, Chuck, Steamer, TH and Casey and think WTF.

Comment

I'm just glad to finally hear some trade rumours. I like Taj the most out of the 3. But he's not that far from Amir.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          All about who ya know man...
                          breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          Isn't that the story of life... Fucking lame.
                          If you guys don't know what Masai went through to become a GM, you should read up on it. You can do whatever you want if you're willing to sacrifice and bust your ass. Sorry for the off-topic but I hate to see defeatism like this.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            If you guys don't know what Masai went through to become a GM, you should read up on it. You can do whatever you want if you're willing to sacrifice and bust your ass. Sorry for the off-topic but I hate to see defeatism like this.
                            Lol that's BS. Not saying you won't get anywhere with hard work. You can go places with hard work but everyone needs a break at some point. People have this deluded view that the American dream is still alive and if you just work hard enough, you'll be a millionaire one day.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I definitely didn't mean gm, but I meant like what route is needed to end up with a career in basketball. Didn't think it was unattainable nor that it just fell from the sky. Just curious.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                Lol that's BS. Not saying you won't get anywhere with hard work. You can go places with hard work but everyone needs a break at some point. People have this deluded view that the American dream is still alive and if you just work hard enough, you'll be a millionaire one day.
                                It's not BS, he's just forgetting to mention talent. Hard work and enough talent will take you anywhere. You make your own breaks in this life, you're sounding like that washed up guy on the couch going "I coulda been this and that but I never got my damn break"
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X