Rumour: Raptors Still Looking For A Big Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Lol that's BS. Not saying you won't get anywhere with hard work. You can go places with hard work but everyone needs a break at some point. People have this deluded view that the American dream is still alive and if you just work hard enough, you'll be a millionaire one day.
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Ultimately you make your own breaks in life. The American dream is a lot tougher now but it is still attainable. I have friends in every profession from law to medicine to the arts who are living proof.

breakin_ankles, there are many routes into the business of sports, but you have to figure out what you want to end up doing. The path to becoming an agent is pretty different than the path to becoming a GM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Ultimately you make your own breaks in life. The American dream is a lot tougher now but it is still attainable. I have friends in every profession from law to medicine to the arts who are living proof.

breakin_ankles, there are many routes into the business of sports, but you have to figure out what you want to end up doing. The path to becoming an agent is pretty different than the path to becoming a GM.
      Seriously though, how sick would it be to work for the Raptors organization, in some way...

Comment

I know the Blue Jays advertise for interns. Work with no pay. I think that's how the Jays GM started out.

If you really want to work for the Raptors, contact them. Just don't call Casey an idiot as long as there's actually any hope of being accepted.
        Last edited by 3inthekeon; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 01:28 AM.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

For overall value, what it might take to get him, for upside, still young, I'm still saying Faried. Would give a first definitely and a rotation player. Would like to keep 2pat off the bench, but wouldn't hate having Amir as back up 4 either. I'd like to have a scrappy elite level athlete and rebounder play with JV. We could be one of the better rebounding teams in the league with that tandem. Doesn't seem like you'd need to over pay to get Faried. Is he perfect? Of course not, but he wouldnt be in the conversation if he was.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            If you guys don't know what Masai went through to become a GM, you should read up on it. You can do whatever you want if you're willing to sacrifice and bust your ass. Sorry for the off-topic but I hate to see defeatism like this.
            Oh I know what he went through but even then it's about who you know. He was able to rise so quickly because he knows how to work a room and utilize his network
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

This may be the cost:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q6l7vvs
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                nah.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  No way, they have no use for Amir, I'm sure hands would work just the same if paired with Lou and a pick.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    I think the trade deadline is going to come and go without a squawk. On the 20th everyone will see Lou, Landry, Hayes, Chuck, Steamer, TH and Casey and think WTF.
                    Yup, it's the same story every year. Crickets and tumbleweed at the deadline.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qdg3d2d

add in second rounder to Denver and 1st rounder to Chicago
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

This IS the trade that needs to happen. I think it is a great trade, as much as I love lou

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          This IS the trade that needs to happen. I think it is a great trade, as much as I love lou
                          Why would Denver agree to this deal? It serves no purpose for them.

Chandler has a team option for next year. If Denver is chasing cap space, they would simply not pickup his option.

Comment

Denver saves the 2 million guaranteed to Wilson and gets a second rounder for him in a down season and he has a steep injury history
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

it isn't a team option its partially guaranteed...Afflalo has the team option

Comment

Denver saves the 2 million guaranteed to Wilson and gets a second rounder for him in a down season and he has a steep injury history
                                Ah, didn't realize Chandler has any guaranteed salary for next year, or that there are picks involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X