Rumour: Raptors Still Looking For A Big Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    it isn't a team option its partially guaranteed...Afflalo has the team option
    Hoopshype may be wrong:

Comment

West fits the teams needs the best imo, but he's not a long term solution. It's a tough pick between Taj and the mannimal, as they bring different things to the table. I think maybe you gotta go with Taj because he can hit a short jumper which should give JV more room to work on the inside.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        West fits the teams needs the best imo, but he's not a long term solution. It's a tough pick between Taj and the mannimal, as they bring different things to the table. I think maybe you gotta go with Taj because he can hit a short jumper which should give JV more room to work on the inside.
        Faried would not be available and would only increase the ISO 3 situation. A pull up 3 with the Manimal running the floor would be beautiful to watch when it works and completely useless in the playoffs. Rely on that type of play too long is always a disaster

Comment

If we are making a move on a PF then Taj is no doubt the best fit, with the longest future remaining.

Comment

and I don't really think we need a lot of offence out of the 4. Particularly not West type offence. We need put backs, taking it to the hoop strong and rebounds. If we're looking for a complete offensive player at the 4 it'll cost us more. And we have plenty of scorers on this team. That said, I'd be happy w Taj too if we didn't have to pay too much for him. He's 29 right? And even with him do we get to the promised land (conference final or further) in the next 2 years? I'd prefer a longer term solution if possible.

Comment

West is only 2 or 3 years older than Gibson
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

it comes down to short term vs long term.

I don't think we are in our window yet

If we make trades we should be targetting 24 - 27 year olds just coming off their first or second contract in order integrate them and grow.

If we actually think we are in our window, you start looking at David West and anyone in that mold.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  West is only 2 or 3 years older than Gibson
                  So 31 or 32? That's getting on. And you'd still have to pay a lot to get him. If we were 1 player away from contending, maybe. But I don't think we are. Would prefer to have a player that can grow with the team a bit / is younger.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                    No way, they have no use for Amir, I'm sure hands would work just the same if paired with Lou and a pick.
                    Amir is the back-up big. That's a no-brainer for Chicago. It's funny how people want to stick to trades that only benefits the Raps. It has to fit both ways. Besides, if Chicago doesn't decide to re-sign Amir, we can have him back to replace Hansbrough once his deal is up. It's a realistic scenario whether we love Amir or not.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Just out of curiosity, because I have little knowledge of cap space....could we trade Lowry for Monroe (if confident he would resign). Then use whatever came off the books on Lowry trade and any remaining cap space to resign Monroe and make Reggie Jackson a big offer?

yeah, I know it would be stupid doing that heading into the playoffs blah, blah...but just curious if it would even be possible?

Comment

If Monroe was extended yes but he wasn't So Detroit would need to throw in substantial filler even then Reggie Jackson would need to be a sign and trade

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Amir is the back-up big. That's a no-brainer for Chicago. It's funny how people want to stick to trades that only benefits the Raps. It has to fit both ways. Besides, if Chicago doesn't decide to re-sign Amir, we can have him back to replace Hansbrough once his deal is up. It's a realistic scenario whether we love Amir or not.
                          Chicago needs wing guys, ie Lou... Hands would just be an additive in case there frontcourt gets hurt.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, because I have little knowledge of cap space....could we trade Lowry for Monroe (if confident he would resign). Then use whatever came off the books on Lowry trade and any remaining cap space to resign Monroe and make Reggie Jackson a big offer?

yeah, I know it would be stupid doing that heading into the playoffs blah, blah...but just curious if it would even be possible?
                            While we're on a topic or trading Lowry why not offer Lowry, hands a first and the kitchen sink for Derrick Rose and Taj Gibson from Chicago...

Comment

Ross is what they would want. Lou isn't a true wing. Just being realistic here. We're dealing with the Bulls here (where they never get the short end of the stick). And no. I'm not a Bulls fan. I'm realistic.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Ross is what they would want. Lou isn't a true wing. Just being realistic here. We're dealing with the Bulls here (where they never get the short end of the stick). And no. I'm not a Bulls fan. I'm realistic.
                                6th man for 6th man + extras is fair

Comment

Working...
                                X