No announcement yet.

Rumour: Raptors Still Looking For A Big Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taj Gibson is a perfect fit. Brings what Amir does on D but more offense.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Replace DD's oldest teammate with his college teammate. I see what your doing Masai.
      Similar to the Jarret Jack trade to make Bosh stay?

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
        Similar to the Jarret Jack trade to make Bosh stay?
        Not replace, add.
        Anybody ever considered what it would take to nab jarred sullinger?

Comment

Gibson also would be the cheaper of the three. Wouldn't have to give up much. He also comes with a lot of playoff experience.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Gibson is a good upgrade but the best fit now & in the long run is Faried...already locked in at $12mil for 4 seasons...that number will look pretty good come 2016 when the TV deal salary cap increase kicks in. Guy's got a good history with Masai and DD from USA basketball, his game is at its best and will explode in an up tempo system like the Raps. With 4 positions locked in Masai can focus in on the SF position in FA. Plus dealing with Den gives us a shot at Chandler as well...a good short term upgrade at the 3 with a team option at a reasonable $7mil for next season.

Faried & Chandler for Amir, Fields or Hayes, Steamer + mid-late 20's 1st rounder.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
              Gibson is a good upgrade but the best fit now & in the long run is Faried...already locked in at $12mil for 4 seasons...that number will look pretty good come 2016 when the TV deal salary cap increase kicks in. Guy's got a good history with Masai and DD from USA basketball, his game is at its best and will explode in an up tempo system like the Raps. With 4 positions locked in Masai can focus in on the SF position in FA. Plus dealing with Den gives us a shot at Chandler as well...a good short term upgrade at the 3 with a team option at a reasonable $7mil for next season.

Faried & Chandler for Amir, Fields or Hayes, Steamer + mid-late 20's 1st rounder.
              are you being serious with that trade proposal or are you just saying that would be amazing and MU would win best GM in the history of history

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                are you being serious with that trade proposal or are you just saying that would be amazing and MU would win best GM in the history of history
                dreamer paradise man, Masai has pulled off some serious scams of desperate teams before lol

Comment

dreamer paradise man, Masai has pulled off some serious scams of desperate teams before lol
                  Just read a Zach Lowe article, Denver is in absolute firesale mode. Trying to stop Kline picks and from what he says the only players who seem safe is the 20 year old center Zurief and Ty Lawson. Faried could actually be very gettable... And I do agree with your point regarding experience between DD and faried from USA basketball. We have quite a few picks, and a bunch of expiring contracts, but I really don't think Amir should be dealt, seems like one step forward, one step back.

Comment

Yup. I dunno what he says on these phone calls but a trade offer from any GM is half as valuable than a trade offer from the Messiah Ujiri.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Yup. I dunno what he says on these phone calls but a trade offer from any GM is half as valuable than a trade offer from the Messiah Ujiri.
                      Jedi mind tricks

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Taj Gibson is a perfect fit. Brings what Amir does on D but more offense.
                        I really don't think Amir is an above average defender. In fact it is his offence I like the most. If we could get a guy that could rebound, defend well and block shots that would be great. Offence is gravy.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post

I don't disagree with your points. But we'd need to give up more than that of course. Something we don't want to lose. Like 2016 pick, Ross, 2pat would have to be included.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                            Gibson is a good upgrade but the best fit now & in the long run is Faried...already locked in at $12mil for 4 seasons...that number will look pretty good come 2016 when the TV deal salary cap increase kicks in. Guy's got a good history with Masai and DD from USA basketball, his game is at its best and will explode in an up tempo system like the Raps. With 4 positions locked in Masai can focus in on the SF position in FA.
                            We are 22nd in pace, and will only get slower in the playoffs. Not sure Faried is a great fit for our style or our current personnel. I'd like to try more Patman before bringing on a long-term commitment like Faried.

Comment

• With any trade I believe Amir would be going out. 2Pat floor spacing is too important to our style of play.

If I had my choice I would pick Faried and Masai the same thing since he drafted him. I the idea of adding Faried(same age as Deebo) to this young core.

I'm guessing Denver is looking for cap space and picks. I wonder if Amir and Fields + 15" pick.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                We are 22nd in pace, and will only get slower in the playoffs. Not sure Faried is a great fit for our style or our current personnel. I'd like to try more Patman before bringing on a long-term commitment like Faried.
                                I think he fits great. His probably one of the fastest and quickest 4s in the league. Casey defensive is all about his bigs being able to hedge and recover fast to the paint. Also his a plus rebounder. Something we need more of.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X