No announcement yet.

Rumour: Raptors Still Looking For A Big Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would go after players like Taj Gibson or Kenneth Faried! Say no to David West, his like Jermaine O'Neal of 2005-06 season.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      I would go after players like Taj Gibson or Kenneth Faried! Say no to David West, his like Jermaine O'Neal of 2005-06 season.
      Same. One of those 2 would be nice. But do wonder if Chicago would really want to trade taj to a direct rival.

Comment

• Apparently front office and thibs aren't on the same page.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 4 days left... Tick tock, so eager to see what happens

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            4 days left... Tick tock, so eager to see what happens
            Very odd that the deadline is during the all star break. I wonder if they thought of that when they extended the break.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Very odd that the deadline is during the all star break. I wonder if they thought of that when they extended the break.
              It is the 19th right?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                And haven't the Bulls publicly stated they would match any offer for Butler, including the max? Don't think he goes anywhere.
                stating it and backing it up are two different things...if someone throws a Chandler Parsons type deal loaded with all kinds of poison at them...they might blink
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• What am I looking for here? Nothing about the Bulls or Jimmy Butler. Even the Raptors stuff is re-hashed. Again, Bulls said they'd match any offer.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...n-jimmy-butler

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    stating it and backing it up are two different things...if someone throws a Chandler Parsons type deal loaded with all kinds of poison at them...they might blink
                    I believe the popular theory is they will re-sign Butler no matter what, and look to cut costs elsewhere if it comes to that. I'm sure lots of teams will offer deals to Butler, and Leonard as well, but there's been zero indication either of their teams are afraid to spend to keep them.

Comment

• Hasn't the bulls ownership always been against going over the cap?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Hasn't the bulls ownership always been against going over the cap?
                        Think you mean tax. And yes to a certain extent. But it's more that they try to keep costs down as much as possible.

And they might be totally cool with going into it for a year. They had some tax years with Boozer around, and that was a way worse move than re-signing Butler. On top of it, cap is at the moment still expected to jump in 2016 when new tv deal kicks in, so they could quite easily regain some breathing room soon enough.

Comment

Think you mean tax. And yes to a certain extent. But it's more that they try to keep costs down as much as possible.

And they might be totally cool with going into it for a year. They had some tax years with Boozer around, and that was a way worse move than re-signing Butler. On top of it, cap is at the moment still expected to jump in 2016 when new tv deal kicks in, so they could quite easily regain some breathing room soon enough.
                          How about this summer. Do you know if they have a lot of cap room?

Funny note Taj Gibson is being paid more than Pau Gasol this year.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How about this summer. Do you know if they have a lot of cap room?

Funny note Taj Gibson is being paid more than Pau Gasol this year.
                            Cap space, little if any. However depending on the luxury tax number for next year, they could re-sign Jimmy to a max and at worst just be a bit over the tax.

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...ries/bulls.jsp

Comment

Serious man. Your thing with DD is a little too much. I wasn't talking about acquiring Butler.

What I was trying to say is that Bulls will need all the cap space they can get to resign Butler. In that case raptors would be great trading partners.
                              You clearly missed the point.

You floated fields, bro, and a late first for Butler.

Do you realize how asanine that sounds?

In comparison, if a team came with the equivalent of expiring trash and a late first would you trade DeRozan for that?

As I said, I certainly would not and I would be looking to trade DeRozan at first opportunity.

So why would the bulls essentially give away Butler?

Would you give away DeRozan? I think the answer is no.

Comment

Good article by Mark Deeks on strategy behind when teams should be prepared to pay luxury tax. Used those bulls with boozer as an example.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/...bulls-clippers

Comment

Working...
                                X