Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    You clearly missed the point.

You floated fields, bro, and a late first for Butler.

Do you realize how asanine that sounds?

In comparison, if a team came with the equivalent of expiring trash and a late first would you trade DeRozan for that?

As I said, I certainly would not and I would be looking to trade DeRozan at first opportunity.

So why would the bulls essentially give away Butler?

Would you give away DeRozan? I think the answer is no.
    I'm not talking about Butler I'm talking about Taj Gibson. Do I think DD has more trade value than Gibson? Yes, I do.

I believe Taj has become redundant with the addition of Pau and Mirotic. Thibs has even started playing all three of them on the court at the same time to find minutes for all three. If it was up to Thibs there wouldn't be any trade rumours involving Taj. Fortunately for us Thibs doesn't call the shots. Its been reported that the front office and Thibs don't see eye to eye. His actually on the hot seat this year. So much so that if they don't make the finals he might be let go.

The big factor in this is Butler. The fact that his a free agent and having this breakout year. It has forced Chicago's hand. With little cap space this summer trading Taj Gibson is there best way to create some. Seeing that Gibson is owed like $17 mill over the next two years. They plan on matching everything thrown at Butler. I think Masai should really take advantage of this. If he hasn't been already.

Hansbrough is still a serviceable big in this league. Especially when his the 4th big in the rotation.

I think Fields might have a chance to start playing in Thibs system. Plus defender that plays really well with out the ball. When your playing with really good passing bigs like Noah and Pau his activities off ball becomes a lot more valuable. Than you add in a 1st rounder.

Its doesn't seem that asinine to me but, what do I know.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I'm not talking about Butler I'm talking about Taj Gibson. Do I think DD has more trade value than Gibson? Yes, I do.

I believe Taj has become redundant with the addition of Pau and Mirotic. Thibs has even started playing all three of them on the court at the same time to find minutes for all three. If it was up to Thibs there wouldn't be any trade rumours involving Taj. Fortunately for us Thibs doesn't call the shots. Its been reported that the front office and Thibs don't see eye to eye. His actually on the hot seat this year. So much so that if they don't make the finals he might be let go.

The big factor in this is Butler. The fact that his a free agent and having this breakout year. It has forced Chicago's hand. With little cap space this summer trading Taj Gibson is there best way to create some. Seeing that Gibson is owed like $17 mill over the next two years. They plan on matching everything thrown at Butler. I think Masai should really take advantage of this. If he hasn't been already.

Hansbrough is still a serviceable big in this league. Especially when his the 4th big in the rotation.

I think Fields might have a chance to start playing in Thibs system. Plus defender that plays really well with out the ball. When your playing with really good passing bigs like Noah and Pau his activities off ball becomes a lot more valuable. Than you add in a 1st rounder.

Its doesn't seem that asinine to me but, what do I know.
      If you're talking Gibson, still think it is asanine and it is short term thinking for raptors with Gibson not enough of a difference maker to push Raptors to next level.

The quote I replied to makes no reference to Gibson hence the confusion on my part:

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Never took this in but don't the bulls have to pay Butler this summer? Also I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the Knicks were willing to give Butler the max this summer.

Seeing that the raptors have a lot of expiring contracts. That could free up some cap space for them.

Here's hoping Butler wins All-Star MVP in Madison Square garden.

Landry and Hansbrough + 1st pick. Get it done Masai.

Comment

If you're talking Gibson, still think it is asanine and it is short term thinking for raptors with Gibson not enough of a difference maker to push Raptors to next level.

The quote I replied to makes no reference to Gibson hence the confusion on my part:
        His expiring after next year. Which falls right into our plans to sign KD. Do you not believe Taj Gibson is an upgrade over Amir? The East is wide open!
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

His expiring after next year. Which falls right into our plans to sign KD. Do you not believe Taj Gibson is an upgrade over Amir? The East is wide open!
          Are you sure Gibson expires after next year? I thought he expires a year later, after the 16-17 season.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Are you sure Gibson expires after next year? I thought he expires a year later, after the 16-17 season.
            His owed 8 mill this year and 8.5 next year
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Ya. He didn't specifically say Gibson, but he talks about freeing up cap space for Chicago so they can throw whatever money necessary at Butler. Really, we have been talking 3 big men. Taj, Faried and west. I deduced he was talking about taj. I would be happy with taj or Faried, but I don't think we should part with any key assets for west.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                His owed 8 mill this year and 8.5 next year
                And nearly $9M in 2016-17. 3inthekeon is right, he's got 2 more years after this one.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  And nearly $9M in 2016-17. 3inthekeon is right, he's got 2 more years after this one.
                  Didn't see that. I'm guessing that last year is an option?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Didn't see that. I'm guessing that last year is an option?
                    Not in any way. It's fully guaranteed.

Comment

• He is paid $8 , $8.5 and in 2016/17 -8.95.

Trade fields and Hayes + 1st round pick in 2017 when it is available for Dunleavy + Gibson.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Not in any way. It's fully guaranteed.
                        That does change things a bit. Its still a really good contract though. Would rather him at that price than Faried at his price.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I agree with you. You can replace Amir next year with Taj for two more years.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                            He is paid $8 , $8.5 and in 2016/17 -8.95.

Trade fields and Hayes + 1st round pick in 2017 when it is available for Dunleavy + Gibson.
                            This makes zero sense from the Bulls POV.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• You guys seem to not understand that the Bulls are not gonna throw away Taj for our trash + a 1st
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                You guys seem to not understand that the Bulls are not gonna throw away Taj for our trash + a 1st
                                OK, there aren't a lot of teams looking to pay 8M+ over two years for a career backup PF who doesn't shoot or pass with bad ankles. He going to push the Bulls into the luxury when they need to upgrade the SF position and add depth to an injury prone roster. Toronto would take him but they don't need him. David Lee would be good for expirings and GSW may add a sweetener.

Comment

Working...
                                X