Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    Sign Larry Saunders when he is bought out and pay Saunders League minimum. Hire Sam Mitchell to teach civil obedience and when he graduates JJ can teach him the benefits of finding the correct path.

For minimum salary worth the risk.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    DDelight wrote: View Post
    I don't get the obsession over Taj Gibson. How getting another undersized big man, who's the same height as Amir & JJ but weighs about 15-25 lbs less is the solution to our lack of depth in the front court is a mystery. Taj's overall production is down across the board for the Bulls this season, despite averaging the same amount of minutes. His numbers are also not thattt much better than Amir's numbers (he plays about 2 minutes more per game than Amir).

I also agree with the above poster. The Bulls will need to figure out ways to afford Butler, but they're not going to just throw Gibson away for Raptors scraps. They're going to want a lot more than that (I read they want to add another shooting guard/swing man). Gibson is likely not worth the money for what impact he'd actually make to our team.

I'm really hoping Masai can set his sights on someone with a little more size. Having a jumper would be great as well. I like Jordan Hill. Apart from the obvious name "big men" ...Monroe, Millsap, M. Gasol, who may be looked at this summer, what are your guy's thoughts on Jordan Hill? Doesn't cost as much, has more (shooting) range than Gibson and Faried, and can still get you the same rebounds if not more than them. I've also read that Hill has been linked to the Raptors.
    the size is advantage for Casey, he will be eligible to play small ball in crunch time.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    No I wasn't serious , except I rather trade for Igoudala alone and the end of the season, though Demarre Carroll, may fit the bill.

Lee's cost are just too high for this team killing the cap for next year, because I believe you have to sign Lou Williams for a 2 years plus an option next year. Amir could be offered MLE

But a trade for Ennis and Plumlee for 2015- 1st plus Hansborough.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Iguodala + Lee + 1st round 2017 = fields+ Hansborough + Steemer+ Bebe+ Amir + Hayes
    TRoss for Ennis + Plumlee.
    You can't be serious

Leave a comment:

• DDelight
    replied
    I don't get the obsession over Taj Gibson. How getting another undersized big man, who's the same height as Amir & JJ but weighs about 15-25 lbs less is the solution to our lack of depth in the front court is a mystery. Taj's overall production is down across the board for the Bulls this season, despite averaging the same amount of minutes. His numbers are also not thattt much better than Amir's numbers (he plays about 2 minutes more per game than Amir).

I also agree with the above poster. The Bulls will need to figure out ways to afford Butler, but they're not going to just throw Gibson away for Raptors scraps. They're going to want a lot more than that (I read they want to add another shooting guard/swing man). Gibson is likely not worth the money for what impact he'd actually make to our team.

I'm really hoping Masai can set his sights on someone with a little more size. Having a jumper would be great as well. I like Jordan Hill. Apart from the obvious name "big men" ...Monroe, Millsap, M. Gasol, who may be looked at this summer, what are your guy's thoughts on Jordan Hill? Doesn't cost as much, has more (shooting) range than Gibson and Faried, and can still get you the same rebounds if not more than them. I've also read that Hill has been linked to the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    Iguodala + Lee + 1st round 2017 = fields+ Hansborough + Steemer+ Bebe+ Amir + Hayes
    TRoss for Ennis + Plumlee
    This puts the Raptors over the luxury tax this year but below the Apron.
    Also this does not allow the Raptors to sign a free agent unless they resign Lou Williams , however in 2016-17 there is $22 million coming off the table.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    You guys seem to not understand that the Bulls are not gonna throw away Taj for our trash + a 1st
    OK, there aren't a lot of teams looking to pay 8M+ over two years for a career backup PF who doesn't shoot or pass with bad ankles. He going to push the Bulls into the luxury when they need to upgrade the SF position and add depth to an injury prone roster. Toronto would take him but they don't need him. David Lee would be good for expirings and GSW may add a sweetener.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    You guys seem to not understand that the Bulls are not gonna throw away Taj for our trash + a 1st

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    He is paid $8 , $8.5 and in 2016/17 -8.95.

Trade fields and Hayes + 1st round pick in 2017 when it is available for Dunleavy + Gibson.
    This makes zero sense from the Bulls POV.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    I agree with you. You can replace Amir next year with Taj for two more years.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Not in any way. It's fully guaranteed.
    That does change things a bit. Its still a really good contract though. Would rather him at that price than Faried at his price.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    He is paid $8 , $8.5 and in 2016/17 -8.95.

Trade fields and Hayes + 1st round pick in 2017 when it is available for Dunleavy + Gibson.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Didn't see that. I'm guessing that last year is an option?
    Not in any way. It's fully guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    And nearly $9M in 2016-17. 3inthekeon is right, he's got 2 more years after this one.
    Didn't see that. I'm guessing that last year is an option?

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Are you sure Gibson expires after next year? I thought he expires a year later, after the 16-17 season.
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    His owed 8 mill this year and 8.5 next year
    And nearly $9M in 2016-17. 3inthekeon is right, he's got 2 more years after this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X