• Balls of Steel
    replied
    This may be the cost:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q6l7vvs

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    If you guys don't know what Masai went through to become a GM, you should read up on it. You can do whatever you want if you're willing to sacrifice and bust your ass. Sorry for the off-topic but I hate to see defeatism like this.
    Oh I know what he went through but even then it's about who you know. He was able to rise so quickly because he knows how to work a room and utilize his network

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    For overall value, what it might take to get him, for upside, still young, I'm still saying Faried. Would give a first definitely and a rotation player. Would like to keep 2pat off the bench, but wouldn't hate having Amir as back up 4 either. I'd like to have a scrappy elite level athlete and rebounder play with JV. We could be one of the better rebounding teams in the league with that tandem. Doesn't seem like you'd need to over pay to get Faried. Is he perfect? Of course not, but he wouldnt be in the conversation if he was.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    I know the Blue Jays advertise for interns. Work with no pay. I think that's how the Jays GM started out.

If you really want to work for the Raptors, contact them. Just don't call Casey an idiot as long as there's actually any hope of being accepted.
    Last edited by 3inthekeon; Fri Feb 6, 2015, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Ultimately you make your own breaks in life. The American dream is a lot tougher now but it is still attainable. I have friends in every profession from law to medicine to the arts who are living proof.

breakin_ankles, there are many routes into the business of sports, but you have to figure out what you want to end up doing. The path to becoming an agent is pretty different than the path to becoming a GM.
    Seriously though, how sick would it be to work for the Raptors organization, in some way...

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Lol that's BS. Not saying you won't get anywhere with hard work. You can go places with hard work but everyone needs a break at some point. People have this deluded view that the American dream is still alive and if you just work hard enough, you'll be a millionaire one day.
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Ultimately you make your own breaks in life. The American dream is a lot tougher now but it is still attainable. I have friends in every profession from law to medicine to the arts who are living proof.

breakin_ankles, there are many routes into the business of sports, but you have to figure out what you want to end up doing. The path to becoming an agent is pretty different than the path to becoming a GM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Lol that's BS. Not saying you won't get anywhere with hard work. You can go places with hard work but everyone needs a break at some point. People have this deluded view that the American dream is still alive and if you just work hard enough, you'll be a millionaire one day.
    It's not BS, he's just forgetting to mention talent. Hard work and enough talent will take you anywhere. You make your own breaks in this life, you're sounding like that washed up guy on the couch going "I coulda been this and that but I never got my damn break"

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    If you guys don't know what Masai went through to become a GM, you should read up on it. You can do whatever you want if you're willing to sacrifice and bust your ass. Sorry for the off-topic but I hate to see defeatism like this.
    I definitely didn't mean gm, but I meant like what route is needed to end up with a career in basketball. Didn't think it was unattainable nor that it just fell from the sky. Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    All about who ya know man...
    breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Isn't that the story of life... Fucking lame.

Leave a comment:

• raptorredy
    replied
    I'm just glad to finally hear some trade rumours. I like Taj the most out of the 3. But he's not that far from Amir.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I think that Masai will be able to not only keep our assets, but also get some. I don't think he'll go for a legit starting pf, but if he could grab a promising pf with a pick for let's say Lou, it would be great.
    I think the trade deadline is going to come and go without a squawk. On the 20th everyone will see Lou, Landry, Hayes, Chuck, Steamer, TH and Casey and think WTF.

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I think that Masai will be able to not only keep our assets, but also get some. I don't think he'll go for a legit starting pf, but if he could grab a promising pf with a pick for let's say Lou, it would be great.
    Taj could potentially go for that, frees cap space for chicago, they get a scoring wing and a pick. Seriously an expiring on top probably gets that done.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Andrew Nicholson?
    Nicholson and Harmless might be a poor's mans Chandler Faried trade

Leave a comment:

Working...
X