Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

It has begun
    ECF and losing the play in game aside, Boston and the Raps are in a similar situation. I don't want to trade Pascal as a player but paying him the supermax isn't likely the way to build the roster we need. Boston is going to have an interesting offseason as well.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

It wouldn't have matter, the rest of the starters overall are better. It's not only superstars that can score in the playoffs. We would nor have lost to the bucks, assuming our coach didn't screw it up.
      Celtics have a true superstar in Tatum and yet they are still losing. The reason isnt Jimmy butlers numbers, its the heat playing as a team with heart and the Celtics are not. (Which is ironic sonce thats kind of typically a celtics trait)

Also, objectively, take a look at pascals playoff numbers vs jimmy butlers, career wise they are almost identical.
      the bold was such a surprising statement to me that i had to look it up myself, and yeah it turns out to be false. you sure you weren't looking at different players?

the counting stats below are per 100 possessions as the per game numbers favor butler by a much wider margin (he's played 37.7 mpg vs 33.2 for siakam)

butler: 110 games 28.8 pts 8.4 reb 6.1 ast 2.3 stl 0.8 blk 120 ortg 108 drtg 21.7 per 0.185 ws/48 5.8 bpm 0.577 ts%

siakam: 53 games 24.1 pts 9.6 reb 4.3 ast 1.3 stl 0.9 blk 108 ortg 108 drtg 15.7 per 0.101 ws/48 1.3 bpm 0.529 ts%

i don't consider those particularly close let alone 'almost identical', unless you are specifically referring to the blocks and defensive rating

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

the bold was such a surprising statement to me that i had to look it up myself, and yeah it turns out to be false. you sure you weren't looking at different players?

the counting stats below are per 100 possessions as the per game numbers favor butler by a much wider margin (he's played 37.7 mpg vs 33.2 for siakam)

butler: 110 games 28.8 pts 8.4 reb 6.1 ast 2.3 stl 0.8 blk 120 ortg 108 drtg 21.7 per 0.185 ws/48 5.8 bpm 0.577 ts%

siakam: 53 games 24.1 pts 9.6 reb 4.3 ast 1.3 stl 0.9 blk 108 ortg 108 drtg 15.7 per 0.101 ws/48 1.3 bpm 0.529 ts%

i don't consider those particularly close let alone 'almost identical', unless you are specifically referring to the blocks and defensive rating
        Even if they have almost identical numbers,
        it is the gravity of players that matters more in a series.
        Jimmy does so many things tangible and otherwise on the floor.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

I had searched playoff numbers but it was showing regular season instead. That said 23 vs 28 and similar elsewhere isn't a massive difference, it's a few points a game. If the rest of your team is better than the other team, you can still win games.

Comment

• Lakers up 15 at the half thanks to a superstar effort by LeBron

Denver then outscores LA 36-16 in the third

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Even if they have almost identical numbers,
              it is the gravity of players that matters more in a series.
              Jimmy does so many things tangible and otherwise on the floor.
              It's funny how the narrative has changed, at one point he was considered an unstable liability.

As a leader by words, Jimmy does do more.
              In terms of raw defensive skill, he's only a bit better than Siakam. (Both are excellent defenders, jimmy gets an extra steal a game)

Comment

• Lebron is gassed but Lakers giving Denver all it can handle.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

It's funny how the narrative has changed, at one point he was considered an unstable liability.

As a leader by words, Jimmy does do more.
                  In terms of raw defensive skill, he's only a bit better than Siakam. (Both are excellent defenders, jimmy gets an extra steal a game)
                  two players's playoffs career stats:

A. 21ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg

B. 21ppg, 6,rpg, 4.5 apg

who would you choose?

A is Kawhi
                  B is Butler

See how they're identical.
                  But 100% you'd go with Kawhi, right?

Comment

• It doesn't matter if their stats are identical. Butler is levels above Siakam.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Domination by the nuggets start to finish of series
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Aaron Gordon continues to be the x factor for the Nuggets. Guarded Durant in the 2nd round. LeBron in the WCF. Up next - Jimmy Butler.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• But what does the Nuggets sweep mean for the Knicks and Lakers off seasons?

Comment

• With the season over do we just go straight to the draft now?

Comment

• Elite big man and dynamic guard continues to be my favorite combo in basketball
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Denver forcing Lebron into retirement
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X