two players's playoffs career stats:

A. 21ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg

B. 21ppg, 6,rpg, 4.5 apg

who would you choose?

A is Kawhi
    B is Butler

See how they're identical.
    But 100% you'd go with Kawhi, right?
    I would, assuming he was actually healthy, which doesn't reflect reality. We hit the Kawhi jackpot of luck to get him for a few months with his body working.

But yes of course butler brings a drive and an intensity that pascal lacks. That said I won't move off the position that you must have a superstar to win in the playoffs. A really good balanced team should and could be more dangerous, if coached properly, since you cant shut down or double team all 5 players. We had the above, but the team has to operate on a balanced scoring mentality to pull this off. Too many guys being told they had to "be the man" instead of just playing as a team. Too may guys trying to get paid.

I mean if you could get Siakam, Barnes, OG, FVV and yacob all putting in 15-20 a game and have an actual bench that scored half decently, you would have a dangerous team. You don't need siakam to score 30 a game. You need his 20 and great defense. Same with Og. But alas, under nurse this never happened. Nurse was too busy screaming at the refs.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/QU3vvXG5Vag

Coaching matters

Comment

• Mike Malone is underappreciated. Developing Jokic into a 2-time MVP is spectacularly underrated.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Mike Malone is underappreciated. Developing Jokic into a 2-time MVP is spectacularly underrated.
          Top 3 coach in the NBA.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mike Malone is underappreciated. Developing Jokic into a 2-time MVP is spectacularly underrated.
            No doubt, he definitely has a knack on finding the best of his players.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ones-dismissal

Look, Malone is not some incredible coaching genius. He was given too much credit for the Warriors’ defensive improvement under Mark Jackson, and it took him a while to find a style that fit Sacramento’s roster on that end. But he was doing damn well with this group, and with this ornery franchise player.

Comment

• So how are the Nuggets going to handle #15? Carmelo Anthony just retired. He's one of the greatest player to play for the Nuggs. He wore #15 when he played there. I think they should retire his number(no brainer). But Jokic also wears #15. So how are they going to handle that? retire both?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                So how are the Nuggets going to handle #15? Carmelo Anthony just retired. He's one of the greatest player to play for the Nuggs. He wore #15 when he played there. I think they should retire his number(no brainer). But Jokic also wears #15. So how are they going to handle that? retire both?
                You retire it for both. It isn't that hard. Portland has #30 retired twice. Knicks #15. There are others.

Comment

Well, you probably want to give the player some credit.... Nuggets issue has been finding the right supporting cast around Jokic and keeping everyone healthy. All the puzzle pieces are there this season. No one is stopping them.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    So how are the Nuggets going to handle #15? Carmelo Anthony just retired. He's one of the greatest player to play for the Nuggs. He wore #15 when he played there. I think they should retire his number(no brainer). But Jokic also wears #15. So how are they going to handle that? retire both?
                    Denver doesn't care for him. He forced his way out and never won anything in Denver 15 is clearly jokic now. Melo will only be retired in new York
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Well, you probably want to give the player some credit.... Nuggets issue has been finding the right supporting cast around Jokic and keeping everyone healthy. All the puzzle pieces are there this season. No one is stopping them.
                      Well, of course it's like 90%+ player. Maybe 99%. But how many coaches would've even thought to design their entire team around an unathletic, awkward moving center?

Comment

Well, of course it's like 90%+ player. Maybe 99%. But how many coaches would've even thought to design their entire team around an unathletic, awkward moving center?
                        They've definitely made the most out of it in Denver and Malone obviously has figured out his two stars.

There was an interesting discussion on Redick's podcast about Jokic and Redick was pointing out how 99% of players have a 'catch radius' where the ball needs to be for them to get it and he mentioned that Jokic reminded him of Dwight Howard in that both could catch and grab the ball where they shouldn't be able to (he mentioned Rodman as well). Next time you watch Jokic, pay attention to how many rebounds and passes he gets to that no one else can. Dude is way more athletic than he gets credit for - it's just cause he's so goddamn big that he looks awkward cause you can't move around that much size gracefully.

Comment

Front officer deserves a ton of credit to. They had nurkic who at the time was a better player then jokic. But traded him to open up the spot for jokic. I remember it being around 50/50 at the time of who would be the better player. Nuggets choose right

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

They've definitely made the most out of it in Denver and Malone obviously has figured out his two stars.

There was an interesting discussion on Redick's podcast about Jokic and Redick was pointing out how 99% of players have a 'catch radius' where the ball needs to be for them to get it and he mentioned that Jokic reminded him of Dwight Howard in that both could catch and grab the ball where they shouldn't be able to (he mentioned Rodman as well). Next time you watch Jokic, pay attention to how many rebounds and passes he gets to that no one else can. Dude is way more athletic than he gets credit for - it's just cause he's so goddamn big that he looks awkward cause you can't move around that much size gracefully.
                            I think people have to stop with the he's not athletic b.s. with Jokic. I don't know how anyone can watch the pace he played at in that series, leading the break, making passes running back to defend under the net. Rinse and repeat for 10 minutes straight and say he isn't athletic. Embiid or even AD can't do that and they are considered uber athletic bigs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Front officer deserves a ton of credit to. They had nurkic who at the time was a better player then jokic. But traded him to open up the spot for jokic. I remember it being around 50/50 at the time of who would be the better player. Nuggets choose right

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I had searched playoff numbers but it was showing regular season instead. That said 23 vs 28 and similar elsewhere isn't a massive difference, it's a few points a game. If the rest of your team is better than the other team, you can still win games.
                                this differences in PER, offensive and net ratings, and BPM are astronomical though, not trivial. and like i said the counting stats on a per game basis favor jimmy by a much wider margin because he's played more minutes than pascal and is significantly more efficient.

anyhow mystery solved, you were indeed looking at the wrong numbers so no need to still cling to that part of your argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X