Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

Nah, we don't need yet another market where the stars all want to go to
    Well why don't we just be a market where stars want to go?? Sure Miami's a nice place to live but Toronto's a great place too, and I'm sure if we had Spoelstra + Pat Riley heading our organization we'd be on the rise as a good place to go to too.

So, Masai's got to clean up his act or leave and MLSE's gotta drop the stinginess if they want to be good and therefore a desirable location.

Now I did just check and Miami's ownership has been stingy on the luxury tax too this year, apparently. So I guess you can be good in spite of being cheap but you've got to get the RIGHT undrafted guys not FVV. You don't see Caleb Martin or Gabe Vincent taking 12+ 3s a game and hoping for a max contract. They just do what they need to do to help the team win. And then guys like Udonis Haslem get rewarded for helping the TEAM not themselves.

Even KLOE and Kevin Love are happy to take a back seat to help Miami win.

#J.LOE and KLOE 2023 NBA CHAMPS
    Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Sun Jun 4, 2023, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Well why don't we just be a market where stars want to go?? Sure Miami's a nice place to live but Toronto's a great place too, and I'm sure if we had Spoelstra + Pat Riley heading our organization we'd be on the rise as a good place to go to too.

So, Masai's got to clean up his act or leave and MLSE's gotta drop the stinginess if they want to be good.

Now I did just check and Miami's ownership has been stingy on the luxury tax too this year, apparently. So I guess you can be good in spite of being cheap but you've got to get the RIGHT undrafted guys not FVV. You don't see Caleb Martin or Gabe Vincent taking 12+ 3s a game and hoping for a max contract. They just do what they need to do to help the team win. And then guys like Udonis Haslem get rewarded for helping the TEAM not themselves.

This is a very well thought post.

Obviously Denver has the better talent and they still can ultimately win this series. Malone as a coach is no pushover either.

but we have to admit that the Heat Culture was written all over this game 2 win. This is all about the team. Spoelstra was able to make the necessary adjustments after a Denver Nuggets onslaught, got his players bought into his coaching schemes and took over the game.

Eric Spoelstra was no fucking way the 8th/9th man of this team. That was a very very silly take.

Riley is the man.

Masai is trying his hardest to be one lol

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

So, Masai's got to clean up his act or leave and MLSE's gotta drop the stinginess if they want to be good and therefore a desirable location.

US born players are always going to choose warm weather, beaches and great nightlife over freezing winters in Toronto, all other things being equal. It's a chicken and egg thing but you need a winning atmosphere and good management/coaching, THEN a good situation and over pay. The 2019 Chip does zip for any of that now and Masai's gotta stop living off it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Jokic is a different type of player man. Just so hard to defend and figure out. He's just way too crafty and doesn't care to be "the man".. but will also kill you if you let him.
          Coaching mattered.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Coaching mattered.
            The Heat shot over 45% from 3. That mattered more, and even then they still only won by 3.

Comment

The Heat shot over 45% from 3. That mattered more, and even then they still only won by 3.
              https://youtu.be/2wx6yr1Jrnw

Comment

• Like I said...

planetmars wrote: View Post

Comment

Like I said...

MPJ shot poorly, so did the other Nugs.
                  Heat defense tightened up on them.
                  Coaching adjustment or not?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

MPJ shot poorly, so did the other Nugs.
                    Heat defense tightened up on them.
                    Coaching adjustment or not?
                    MPJ is a streaky shooter. As are the Miami guys.. they shot terribly in the regular season and have been on fire these playoffs. And were terrible in game 1 against the Nuggets. Defense of course tightened up.. it's the playoffs and the finals. Defense will tighten up because the players on the court want to win.

The Heat have gone as far as they have because of their insane shooting. Duncan Robinson basically scored 12 straight points for them in the 4th, which ultimately helped them take the lead and they kept that until the end. It's a make or miss league, and the Heat are making them.

Big time credit go to their role players for stepping up. That's the miracle of these playoffs.. not Spo's coaching. Spo's same coaching ended up having them lose to the Hawks and barely beat the Bulls in the second play-in. And a pretty meh regular season. But I don't blame Spo either. He's just there to provide support. And get them as comfortable as they can be. But ultimately a majority of the credit goes to the guys playing.

That's why I compare a coach to like the 8th or 9th man on the bench. Once in a while they can help win a quarter or a game. But the majority of the credit goes to the management team for putting the right squad together.. and of course to the players for getting it done.

Comment

• Ok i feel old. Michael Malone is 2 years younger than his dad was when he signed on to coach the raptors

Comment

MPJ is a streaky shooter. As are the Miami guys.. they shot terribly in the regular season and have been on fire these playoffs. And were terrible in game 1 against the Nuggets. Defense of course tightened up.. it's the playoffs and the finals. Defense will tighten up because the players on the court want to win.

The Heat have gone as far as they have because of their insane shooting. Duncan Robinson basically scored 12 straight points for them in the 4th, which ultimately helped them take the lead and they kept that until the end. It's a make or miss league, and the Heat are making them.

Big time credit go to their role players for stepping up. That's the miracle of these playoffs.. not Spo's coaching. Spo's same coaching ended up having them lose to the Hawks and barely beat the Bulls in the second play-in. And a pretty meh regular season. But I don't blame Spo either. He's just there to provide support. And get them as comfortable as they can be. But ultimately a majority of the credit goes to the guys playing.

That's why I compare a coach to like the 8th or 9th man on the bench. Once in a while they can help win a quarter or a game. But the majority of the credit goes to the management team for putting the right squad together.. and of course to the players for getting it done.
                        If you watched the game, you'd have noticed that the Heat decided to not double Jokic and instead stuck to their men which forced Jokic to be a scorer.
                        On the Nugget's side, they didn't play the horn action which worked for them in Game1.
                        All credit to coaching.

Comment

• OK... Mostly because we won...... it was a good Jays game tonite.....

So far game 3 is pretty close...
                          But god damn can Jamal Murray play. Him and Jokic are money.
                          Cheering for the Nugs to get one and cheering that if the Heat win it just might seal a HoF bid for Kyle. He has the stats and he will have the rings.

Good basketball though.
                          We have work to do to compete again at the top of the league.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            OK... Mostly because we won...... it was a good Jays game tonite.....

So far game 3 is pretty close...
                            But god damn can Jamal Murray play. Him and Jokic are money.
                            Cheering for the Nugs to get one and cheering that if the Heat win it just might seal a HoF bid for Kyle. He has the stats and he will have the rings.

Good basketball though.
                            We have work to do to compete again at the top of the league.
                            I think Kyle is already a HOFer
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Christian who?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think Kyle is already a HOFer
                                He could actually be one .. with real jackets and everything....

Tough night for the Heat so far.. not exactly a shooting clinic...
                                Denver might give up a few more points off their lead but don't see them coughing another one up tonight.
                                Geez I hope thats not the kiss of death. .
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X