No announcement yet.

Standings Watch: Playoff Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else very much OK with ATL taking over the east? I think the 1 seed is probably the worst spot you want to be in for the playoffs. It's going to be either WAS/CHI/CLE in that 4 spot and playing them second round doesn't sound good...

Any thoughts on if teams will try and tank to play the Raptors again this season? (BKN last year)

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
      Is anyone else very much OK with ATL taking over the east? I think the 1 seed is probably the worst spot you want to be in for the playoffs. It's going to be either WAS/CHI/CLE in that 4 spot and playing them second round doesn't sound good...

Any thoughts on if teams will try and tank to play the Raptors again this season? (BKN last year)
      If Brooklyn tanks any harder they'll be out of a playoff spot. You gotta think Charlotte is feeling as good about a first round matchup with us as we are feeling about a second round date with Washington. Milwaukee also seems to have figured out how to stop our high powered offence.
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        If Brooklyn tanks any harder they'll be out of a playoff spot. You gotta think Charlotte is feeling as good about a first round matchup with us as we are feeling about a second round date with Washington. Milwaukee also seems to have figured out how to stop our high powered offence.
        Why cuz we lost one close game to them?

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
          Why cuz we lost one close game to them?
          Which team are you referring to?
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Which team are you referring to?
            The bucks figuring out our offence

Comment

The bucks figuring out our offence
              That game where they held us to under 80 points? Yeah, they definitely got lucky defensively there.

They managed to shut down our leading scorer last time our second last meeting and have generally done a good job containing Demar and Kyle. Also, Jason Kidd, their coach, was coached by Casey in Dallas and is extremely familiar with Casey's defensive system. This intimate knowledge, when combined with above average BBIQ, which Kidd possesses, can prove a deadly advantage in debunking, exposing and taking advantage of its weaknesses. And don't forget he's already seen our playoff offense and correctly exploited our weaknesses both offensively and defensively. I'm pretty sure he ended up winning that series, too.
              Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Mon Feb 9, 2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

That game where they held us to under 80 points? Yeah, they definitely got lucky defensively there.

They managed to shut down our leading scorer last time our second last meeting and have generally done a good job containing Demar and Kyle. Also, Jason Kidd is their coach and don't forget he's already seen our playoff offense and correctly exploited our weaknesses both offensively and defensively. I'm pretty sure he ended up winning that series, too
                Pretty sure I never said they got lucky defensively, but making that claim based on one game which wasn't even a game that we lost badly is a little bit of a stretch. The starters that game played horribly. Part of that was good bucks defence but a big part was playing with low effort and treating the game as if we were playing against scrubs.

As far as Kidd goes maybe that's the way you see it but what I saw is that they had one player on their roster who we couldn't contain with any of the guys on our roster. I don't think the bucks have that guy.

Comment

Pretty sure I never said they got lucky defensively, but making that claim based on one game which wasn't even a game that we lost badly is a little bit of a stretch. The starters that game played horribly. Part of that was good bucks defence but a big part was playing with low effort and treating the game as if we were playing against scrubs.

As far as Kidd goes maybe that's the way you see it but what I saw is that they had one player on their roster who we couldn't contain with any of the guys on our roster. I don't think the bucks have that guy.
                  Didn't mean to imply you said that, my bad. Granted it was a close game, we didn't get blown out, but when you're the top 2 offense in the league, which I believe we were at the time, and you get held to <80 points it's a bad game.

No the Bucks don't have joe Johnson but they do have another guy who can penetrate, Knight, and three point shooters that can kills us (like Teletovic, kirilenko, etc last year). Moreover, they have a lot of length defensively, something which has given us trouble in the past
                  Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Mon Feb 9, 2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I think, and I think it's a consensus, Atlanta keeps its throne atop the east. After that I say:
                    ATL
                    TOR
                    WAS
                    CLE
                    CHI
                    MIA
                    MIL
                    CHA

meaning we'd take Milwaukee for a dance and I think we can beat em. We just can't be outcoached by Jason "bump into me so i spill my drink and we get a time out" Kidd again.

ATL-CHA (4-1)
                    TOR - MIL (4-2)
                    WAS- MIA (4-3)
                    CLE - CHI (4-3)

2nd round:
                    ATL-CLE (4-2)
                    TOR-WAS (4-3)

ECF:

ATL-TOR (3-4)

NBA finals:

TOR-GSW (1-4)

Just for fun, if Memphis wins the West:

TOR- MEM (4-3)
                    I just jizzed in my pants.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

They managed to shut down our leading scorer last time our second last meeting and have generally done a good job containing Demar and Kyle. Also, Jason Kidd, their coach, was coached by Casey in Dallas and is extremely familiar with Casey's defensive system. This intimate knowledge, when combined with above average BBIQ, which Kidd possesses, can prove a deadly advantage in debunking, exposing and taking advantage of its weaknesses. And don't forget he's already seen our playoff offense and correctly exploited our weaknesses both offensively and defensively. I'm pretty sure he ended up winning that series, too.
                      if kidd had casey and our offense/defense figured out so much, why'd we blow them out by 40 points earlier in the season?

Comment

Didn't mean to imply you said that, my bad. Granted it was a close game, we didn't get blown out, but when you're the top 2 offense in the league, which I believe we were at the time, and you get held to <80 points it's a bad game.

No the Bucks don't have joe Johnson but they do have another guy who can penetrate, Knight, and three point shooters that can kills us (like Teletovic, kirilenko, etc last year). Moreover, they have a lot of length defensively, something which has given us trouble in the past
                        I agree if we face them it won't be a walk in the park but I still think we'd beat them in a best of 7. Right now we're having trouble with any teams that have penetrating guards. That being said though we won the two games vs the bucks when Knight did play and lost the one when he didn't.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          if kidd had casey and our offense/defense figured out so much, why'd we blow them out by 40 points earlier in the season?
                          Key words.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Key words.
                            no they're not key words, especially since the whole "figuring out of casey" was based on his time with him in dallas and playoff meeting last season.

Comment

I kinda want to face Charlotte in the first round just to spank the shit out of them for all those regular season losses. Seriously fuck the hornets lol

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                no they're not key words, especially since the whole "figuring out of casey" was based on his time with him in dallas and playoff meeting last season.
                                different offense than last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X