Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

After 10 years in the organization, we learned today that Nick Nurse's time with the Raptors is over... A championship and coach of the year title later. Thanks for everything, coach! But now... our beloved Raptors are looking for a new head coach.

I thought this would deserve its own thread. We could discuss a lot about the real impact of the coach on a NBA team's performance, but with that being said, a Head Coach is still a huge part of a team and its identity. Let the talk begin about who we think and/or who we would like to see fill this seat, as this team is looking to get back to glory!

Jama is my #1 choice. He always impresses me everytime I hear him talk. It's not a suprise that the Warriors - the best organization in the NBA - hired him.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ya, I'm not even sure who I would want. Nick was a good coach; I think they course correct and find a more strict, this is your role, stay in your lane type of coach.... I just don't know who would be a good choice at this time.

Comment

Mike D'Antoni's school of shooting.

I wonder if they might think of promoting Earl Watson.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
          Jama is my #1 choice. He always impresses me everytime I hear him talk. It's not a suprise that the Warriors - the best organization in the NBA - hired him.
          This is actually intriguing. Jama seems like the most genuinely positive guy to be around. Blow it up and give Jama a young roster to develop. Unlikely though, because MLSE is against tanking.

I wonder if they’d give Patrick Mutombo a shot?

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
            I liked Ime, but after what happened today I think Jama is the guy.
            Smart, young, clean, inexpensive.

I mean they gave a then young Nurse a chance too.
            The precedent is there.

Comment

The fact that WOJ mention Ime right away sounds like it's almost a done deal.

That being said there could be many options.
              Within you have Griffin and Watson, personally I don't see that happening.
              Another would be Sergio Scariolo or Jama which was already mentioned.
              We could come out of left field and re-look at the Eastern European coach that was a finalist when Nurse got hired.
              Stackhouse
              Snyder
              Becky Hammon
              Penny Hardaway
              Kevin Ollie

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                The fact that WOJ mention Ime right away sounds like it's almost a done deal.

That being said there could be many options.
                Within you have Griffin and Watson, personally I don't see that happening.
                Another would be Sergio Scariolo or Jama which was already mentioned.
                We could come out of left field and re-look at the Eastern European coach that was a finalist when Nurse got hired.
                Stackhouse
                Snyder
                Becky Hammon
                Penny Hardaway
                Kevin Ollie
                Being the first team with a woman head coach would actually be pretty dope. As for Ime, could he accept to come in as an assistant, with Mahlalela as the HC? Could that be a possibility?

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I liked Ime, but after what happened today I think Jama is the guy.
                  Smart, young, clean, inexpensive.

I mean they gave a then young Nurse a chance too.
                  The precedent is there.
                  what ''happened today''?

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post

what ''happened today''?
                    1. They would still be paying Nick this season. I was hoping they could trade him.

2. Masai mentioned 'quality guy' as a factor in the coaching search.

Comment

Roy Rana would be another option with Canadian ties

Comment

Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Don't matter
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

When they fired Casey they basically did a 180 with Nurse. Most teams do that. I just don’t know what the opposite of Nurse is in these circumstances. Maybe they lean into an ex-player who is more of a leader/manager than tactician?

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                              Roy Rana would be another option with Canadian ties
                              Yes! Roy is awesome. He is a players coach always liked and respected by his players. Coaching in Kyoto now and enjoying it

he used to run our high school basketball night gym. We played floor hockey in the other gym. The basketball guys were all adults and those pick up games got fierce. Roy was like 16 years old and he kept that gym under control. Im sure hed be happy to come home. Bloor & Lansdowne represent!

Comment

Working...
                              X