Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard Lebron might be retiring... maybe Masai should invite him for coffee.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      Steve Nash, JJ Redick, Becky Hammon, Steve Atkinson...LOL..
      What the F&^^...
      Honestly we should of just kept Nurse...Franchise is turning into Clown old Sacramento...and they turning into Raptors.
      Is this a Dream or Twilight Zone...
      This is Embarrassing...
      Quinn in Maimi is doing a hell of a job, thats the guy get, if MLS want 2 go the cheap route.. I hear Dubas was gone bc he wanted more money..Nurse wanted more money.. What u expect from MLSE..only ppl that were happy 2 have luxury cap tax nba and NHL hard Cap is MLSE...
      CHEAP F^$$$...
      Keeping nurse would be brutal, just watch next year as his team suddenly gets all the bad calls and he leads his new team to be a culture of whiny babies. The refs hate him, you can tell. Will be fun to watch.

A change is needed, but who........
      Not sure I'm so keen on Becky now, I don't want a coach who wants us to beg them to come, I want someone who would love a chance to coach the raptors and lead the team.
      Guess we will see who presents the best case to be coach......

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

just about every coach who makes the jump from assistant to head coach has no head coaching experience. i don't know why that would be considered a knock against him.

also, he did coach two games for the heat last year when spo was out for various reasons. they lost to brooklyn when they were rolling at the end of last season, and beat us.

quinn is one of my top candidates too.
        Fizdale came from Heat Culture and he was a disaster. Benching Marc Gasol got him fired. And his second chance with the Knicks was even worse.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Steve Nash, JJ Redick, Becky Hammon, Steve Atkinson...LOL..
          What the F&^^...
          Honestly we should of just kept Nurse...Franchise is turning into Clown old Sacramento...and they turning into Raptors.
          Is this a Dream or Twilight Zone...
          This is Embarrassing...
          Quinn in Maimi is doing a hell of a job, thats the guy get, if MLS want 2 go the cheap route.. I hear Dubas was gone bc he wanted more money..Nurse wanted more money.. What u expect from MLSE..only ppl that were happy 2 have luxury cap tax nba and NHL hard Cap is MLSE...
          CHEAP F^$$$...
          Nurse was quite quitting this year I think .. His agent may have wanted him to go to a U.S bigger market .. That is what
          happens when your coach signs with Clutch .

Comment

• Freddy vanBrick = playing coach

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't think we're waiting for Nurse to come off the books (it makes no sense), but Nurse is the big free agent that has to drop before all the other coaches start getting hired. He's most likely every teams first choice, and we're most likely no coach's first choice, so everyone is waiting on Nurse to pick his job so they can see what's left.

The Nurse domino needs to fall first.

Not like everyone else has hired a coach yet, every team is waiting.
              I don't know if it's Nurse everyone is waiting on or just the more attractive job being filled, but there does seem to be a holding pattern. I'd guess once the Bucks, Suns and 76ers fill their open HC positions ...as well as hire assistants, then the Raps will be up. Sadly, we've cast a wide net because we have no other choice. On the positive side it should mean some young up and coming coach with fresh ideas gets a shot.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Masai loves to take his time. He took like 2 months to hire Nurse after Casey was fired. Same timeline here..
                it was only a month last time. I assume they have to be close to hiring someone.

Dwane fired May 10th or May 11th, 2018

Nick Nurse hired June 11 or 12th, 2018

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                  Freddy vanBrick = playing coach
                  Somewhere else

Lakers should be knocking on his door.

Maybe Nick Nurse assistant to start his coaching career lol

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

it was only a month last time. I assume they have to be close to hiring someone.

Dwane fired May 10th or May 11th, 2018

Nick Nurse hired June 11 or 12th, 2018
                    Kawhi trade: July 18th, 2018.

Never forget.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't know if it's Nurse everyone is waiting on or just the more attractive job being filled, but there does seem to be a holding pattern. I'd guess once the Bucks, Suns and 76ers fill their open HC positions ...as well as hire assistants, then the Raps will be up. Sadly, we've cast a wide net because we have no other choice. On the positive side it should mean some young up and coming coach with fresh ideas gets a shot.
                      Boston job is gonna open up soon. Lakers job may open up. It's still pretty early when you consider some big time jobs look like they'll be opening up after failing in the playoffs.

Nurse is gonna get whatever job he wants and he's gonna get paid a ton for it.

Comment

Boston job is gonna open up soon. Lakers job may open up. It's still pretty early when you consider some big time jobs look like they'll be opening up after failing in the playoffs.

Nurse is gonna get whatever job he wants and he's gonna get paid a ton for it.
                        And that’s the main reason we fired Nurse.

MLSE isn’t going to spend big like they did back when we had a legit contending team who could go deep in the playoffs, generating massive eyeballs right across Canada.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And that’s the main reason we fired Nurse.

MLSE isn’t going to spend big like they did back when we had a legit contending team who could go deep in the playoffs, generating massive eyeballs right across Canada.
                          This take is nonsense.

After everything you've watched seen and read you think we fired Nurse over money?

Not that we were awful unfun basketball to watch all season, as stated by Masai himself, or that we traded for a starting C and still couldn't get out of the play in. Nope, it's gotta be a money thing.

Comment

This take is nonsense.

After everything you've watched seen and read you think we fired Nurse over money?

Not that we were awful unfun basketball to watch all season, as stated by Masai himself, or that we traded for a starting C and still couldn't get out of the play in. Nope, it's gotta be a money thing.
                            Money isn’t the only reason, but Nurse having his first truly bad season (Tampa excused) triggered a pretty quick hook, you have to admit. Most franchises would’ve extended him way earlier, and that’s where the money issue comes in. He was probably looking for double digits. And like I said, reports were that they were trying to wait Nurse out and hope he’d quit on his own to save the money.

Comment

Fizdale came from Heat Culture and he was a disaster. Benching Marc Gasol got him fired. And his second chance with the Knicks was even worse.
                              what is your point? is the insinuation that no one who has ever worked for spoelstra can have success as a head coach?

we should also eliminate hammon then and anyone who has ever sat on pop's bench from the search because jim boylen was a disaster in chicago.

jama and atkinson are intriguing cadidates we should strike from the list because luke walton did not fair well in sacramento.

bjorkgren was bad in indiana so we can't look in house either.

etc. etc.

Comment

Money isn’t the only reason, but Nurse having his first truly bad season (Tampa excused) triggered a pretty quick hook, you have to admit. Most franchises would’ve extended him way earlier, and that’s where the money issue comes in. He was probably looking for double digits. And like I said, reports were that they were trying to wait Nurse out and hope he’d quit on his own to save the money.
                                Nah, reporting throughout the season was that it seemed like the locker room was in bad shape, I suspect that is more the reasoning. MLSE's pocketbooks are pretty deep, what they pay their coach has barely any impact on the margins at all.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X