Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposedly, Bucks were split. Front office wanted Nurse & Giannis wanted Griffin.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Supposedly, Bucks were split. Front office wanted Nurse & Giannis wanted Griffin.
      I guess it became an easy decision when Nurse pulled out for whatever reason.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I guess it became an easy decision when Nurse pulled out for whatever reason.
        If Giannis wants the other candidate, that’s more than enough reason to pull out.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
          Looks like Griffen hired by the bucks. Very interesting they think he's a better choice than nurse, lol. Some will be happy here to as I think if memory serves some didn't want him?
          Nurse withdrew his name from consideration for the Bucks job.

Comment

• Hey Masai, where you at?
            We need a new Head Coach and some shooters.....still

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
              Hey Masai, where you at?
              We need a new Head Coach and some shooters.....still
              Kyle Lowry.
              Head Coach.
              We need something to distract from the less than distinguished couple of years from the front office.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Giannis withdrew Nurse’s name. Klutch just trying to save face.

Comment

Giannis withdrew Nurse’s name. Klutch just trying to save face.
                  If you believe that I have a bridge for sale in Brooklynn.

I also haven't seen that reported at all. Giannis liking Griffin is a far cry from Giannis not liking Nurse. If that was the case they never would have interviewed him.

Comment

If you believe that I have a bridge for sale in Brooklynn.

I also haven't seen that reported at all. Giannis liking Griffin is a far cry from Giannis not liking Nurse. If that was the case they never would have interviewed him.
                    Giannis strongly endorsed only one candidate… Griffin. The search was effectively over at that point, whether Nurse pulled out or not.

Comment

• https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...ch-search.html

Multiple NBA sources say the franchise is moving to a second round of interviews for the job that became vacant when Nick Nurse was let go last month after five seasons.

One source said Raptors vice chairman and president Masai Ujiri has narrowed the list of candidates to three and final interviews are being scheduled, although that number was not independently confirmed.
                      There are several legitimate possibilities that have emerged in conversations with multiple league sources:
                      • Steve Nash would be a good fit and may thrive under with a more stable management and roster situation than he had to deal with in a tumultuous tenure with the Brooklyn Nets.
                      • Sacramento associate head coach Jordi Fernandez is among the most highly regarded assistants in the league and was a finalist for the vacant Phoenix job that a source says has been narrowed to Nurse and Doc Rivers.
                      • JJ Redick may not have any coaching experience but as an ex-player he would command respect and be an out-of-the-box hire who would set the Raptors apart from many other franchises.
                      • Sergio Scariolo, the former Raptors assistant and current coach of the Spanish national team, may want to become the first truly international head coach in the NBA. Ujiri and Webster flew to Italy to conduct an interview earlier this month.
                      • Monty Williams has a proven track record with the Phoenix Suns and is highly respected throughout the league, but it’s unclear whether the Raptors formally interviewed him.
                      • David Adelman of the Denver Nuggets is one of the most-touted assistants in the league but he’s also tied up for a couple of week as his current team seeks an NBA championship.
                      • Chris Quinn of the Miami Heat is in the same situation as Adelman but is considered one of the best assistants around.
                      • Becky Hammon, the head coach of the WNBA's Las Vegas Aces, drew some initial interest but she never became a serious candidate.

Smith is just spitballing like the rest of the local journalists, but he's compiled a list of coach's that have been rumoured. I suspect someone from this list will be the coach. Although given Smith's track record wouldn't be completely shocked if it was someone else.

Comment

Giannis strongly endorsed only one candidate… Griffin. The search was effectively over at that point, whether Nurse pulled out or not.
                        Yeah this matters a lot. It's why Nash was coach of Brooklyn (KD hand picked him).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...ch-search.html[/LIST]
                          Smith is just spitballing like the rest of the local journalists, but he's compiled a list of coach's that have been rumoured. I suspect someone from this list will be the coach. Although given Smith's track record wouldn't be completely shocked if it was someone else.
                          Wonder why Jama didn’t even get so much as an interview? There’s got to be an interesting story there.

They were supposedly casting a “wide net” Jama checked a lot of boxes.

Comment

Weird.

Comment

• Nurse and Doc are finalists for Suns job
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Wonder why Jama didn’t even get so much as an interview? There’s got to be an interesting story there.

They were supposedly casting a “wide net” Jama checked a lot of boxes.
                                This isn't a complete list. There's also a number of Jordi Fernandez rumors for the job, but he wasn't on the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X