Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Nurse and Doc are finalists for Suns job
    Suns first choice was Ty Lue, but he didn’t get fired yet.

Comment

• Jordi is my guess and my choice I read his paper very interesting method paper on analyzing the effectiveness of offensive possessions. System seemed to show the importance of ball movement but not overpassing. Additionally demonstrated the value of making passes to the right or left end of the floor from the center post position. Could be from gravity drawn or other things.

Comment

• It's easy to coach our team. Watch old laker games with magic in them, show scottie, emulate with team, then win.

Wait, would magic johnson happen to want to coach the raps?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Suns first choice was Ty Lue, but he didn’t get fired yet.
          Durant was a fan of Nurse's work .. Surprised it hasn't happened yet .. Bill Simmons thinks it's a done
          deal that their assistant is the next head coach .

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Nurse and Doc are finalists for Suns job
            If Nick doesn't get any jobs would he have to do some self reflecting .. Could what he have
            done in that press conference be something that may discourage other teams from hiring
            him ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

If Nick doesn't get any jobs would he have to do some self reflecting .. Could what he have
              done in that press conference be something that may discourage other teams from hiring
              him ?
              What was done in the press conference? Masai thanked him for his service and spoke well of him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What was done in the press conference? Masai thanked him for his service and spoke well of him.
                It was in last week of the season when Nurse told a reporter that he would sit down in the summer to see if
                he wants to come back ..

Comment

It was in last week of the season when Nurse told a reporter that he would sit down in the summer to see if
                  he wants to come back ..
                  Ah, thought you were talking about the "good luck with those guys" comment that picked up some steam around these parts. I don't think that will have any impact on him getting any jobs. Also don't think whatever he said in the presser you mention will hold any bearing. Still think he's going to get one of the prime HC jobs available this summer.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Ah, thought you were talking about the "good luck with those guys" comment that picked up some steam around these parts. I don't think that will have any impact on him getting any jobs. Also don't think whatever he said in the presser you mention will hold any bearing. Still think he's going to get one of the prime HC jobs available this summer.
                    I think the only spot left will be Philly. Suns are likely going with Kevin Young, their assistant coach who Booker really likes. Bucks took Griffin. Lakers likely stick with Ham. Clippers, last I heard are working on an extension with Lue.

Philly will be a weird one too since Embiid for some reason always calls out Nurse in the media.

Comment

Durant was a fan of Nurse's work .. Surprised it hasn't happened yet .. Bill Simmons thinks it's a done
                      deal that their assistant is the next head coach .
                      Not sure KD is actually a fan, but he made the comment that Nurse always makes him think about what defense he’s going to throw at him to stop him. KD also told Ibaka that Nurse “isn’t the best Xs and Os coach.”

I suspect that superstars don’t actually like Nurse, because he takes the spotlight away from the players and puts it on the coach. Embiid pretty much called out Nurse like… he doesn’t care about winning games, only getting the attention for stopping the opposition superstar.

Comment

• Steve Nash is in the running 2 become Raptors Head Coach...is this a F*^% Joke...just go with I guess Jordin Fernandez...omg..so disappointed..
                        I have no idea what this management is doing...just stupidity, trade deadline, they don't know which direction 2 go, they want sign Fred, the draft...Total mess.
                        Stupid, Stupid, Stupid...
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Well, I don't think Nick was in the running for us but he's now in charge of Embiid (and maybe Harden). Should be fun.

Comment

• Did Embiid vet this one?

Comment

• Good for Nick. Hope he got some guaranteed $$ from the 76ers, because he's likely getting fired in a year or two when they flame out again in the 2nd round.

Comment

• I hope Embiid and Harden enjoy playing 40 minutes a night, every night.

Comment

Working...
                                X