Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandez's background in academia provides him with a unique perspective on coaching.[1] His college degree is in sports sciences, and is one completed academic article away from his PhD in sports psychology. He has extensively studied and researched the observation of human behavior. In 2009, Fernandez co-authored an academic article titled Identifying and analyzing the construction and effectiveness of offensive plays in basketball by using systematic observation.[1][3]
    very useful

Comment

• So we had to coaches on our staff that got gigs on other teams hoping to win a Championship .. We have a 2nd team all defensive
      player .. We have an all star but this team looked like garbage the last time we saw them .. It always comes back to me
      WTF happened to the culture of this organization ... Two organization with their hiring told us that it wasn't coaching ...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Sergio is a win now coach. So surprised people here would want him, and then also talk about trading Pascal for a draft pick.

I don't get this logic.

You think we're looking for a lose now coach?

Pretty sure we're trying to hire the best coach possible, not someone looking to lose a lot of games.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He's not coming here to tank that's for sure
          Why would we tank we don't have our draft pick?

Moving Pascal for young shooters that fit with Scottie isn't a tank move it's a build towards a championship move. That's what we need to be selling to coaching candidates. Not try to win with this roster with no shooters good luck.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't get this logic.

You think we're looking for a lose now coach?

Pretty sure we're trying to hire the best coach possible, not someone looking to lose a lot of games.
            What's not to get? What's a lose now coach? Coach's that are young and inexperienced and are cheap are more attractive to help coach a team that has a bunch of young players, where the best player might still be on a rookie scale contract.

Not well established coach's that will be worth a lot more as you will be poaching them from a successful team from Europe.

Sergio is not coming here to coach the likes of Scottie, Scoot and Precious. He'll want to coach Pascal, Jakob, OG and maybe even Fred.

If you want a rebuild then you want a Mosley, Jenkins or a Daigneault type of coach. Not someone who's in their 60's and has a lot of success in different programs all around the world.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              So we had to coaches on our staff that got gigs on other teams hoping to win a Championship .. We have a 2nd team all defensive
              player .. We have an all star but this team looked like garbage the last time we saw them .. It always comes back to me
              WTF happened to the culture of this organization ... Two organization with their hiring told us that it wasn't coaching ...
              My basic take has been that after they won the title everyone started looking out for themselves. It's really that simple. Happens all the time in organizations that grow, get to the top, then regress or fall apart. I sacrificed for all this and now I want mine. Pascal wanted his supermax, Fred wanted his all-star nod, OG wanted to be a top guy, Barnes wanted to be a PG, Nurse wanted to be a brand, the front office got too full of itself. That stuff took priority over what you need to do to win.

You also can't discount that the people changed. Lowry and Derozan foremost but Ibaka and even the mercenaries like Gasol, Green and Kawhi. All the coaches that left over the years. They were the culture and they moved on.

Comment

Why would we tank we don't have our draft pick?

Moving Pascal for young shooters that fit with Scottie isn't a tank move it's a build towards a championship move. That's what we need to be selling to coaching candidates. Not try to win with this roster with no shooters good luck.
                The pick is protected from 1-5. They can still tank.

Comment

What's not to get? What's a lose now coach? Coach's that are young and inexperienced and are cheap are more attractive to help coach a team that has a bunch of young players, where the best player might still be on a rookie scale contract.

Not well established coach's that will be worth a lot more as you will be poaching them from a successful team from Europe.

Sergio is not coming here to coach the likes of Scottie, Scoot and Precious. He'll want to coach Pascal, Jakob, OG and maybe even Fred.

If you want a rebuild then you want a Mosley, Jenkins or a Daigneault type of coach. Not someone who's in their 60's and has a lot of success in different programs all around the world.
                  Yet here he is in advanced stages interviewing for the job. So most likely you have not read the situation correctly.

You've got Pop who is 10 years older than Sergio gearing up to coach the youngest most inexperienced team in the NBA. Is Sergio above Pop?

If you tell Sergio was have a good young squad we will build to suit your style of play he would be very interested. Sergio isn't coming over for a season it would be a 5 year deal with the goal of competing for a championship during that contract.

If he ever wants to be an NBA Head coach he should take the Raptors offer. The only better job out there is Phoenix and he's not a candidate. The guy is 62 if he wants to be an NBA Head coach the time is now.
                  Last edited by Primer; Tue May 30, 2023, 05:17 PM.

Comment

The pick is protected from 1-5. They can still tank.
                    Still too talented to tank. Pretty damn easy to think you're top 5 and not end up there. Then you really wasted a whole season.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                      So we had to coaches on our staff that got gigs on other teams hoping to win a Championship .. We have a 2nd team all defensive
                      Deeply flawed roster which Masai refused or was unable to address. Change that to present tense.....and still has not .....

Comment

Yet here he is in advanced stages interviewing for the job. So most likely you have not read the situation correctly.

You've got Pop who is 10 years older than Sergio gearing up to coach the youngest most inexperienced team in the NBA. Is Sergio above Pop?

If you tell Sergio was have a good young squad we will build to suit your style of play he would be very interested. Sergio isn't coming over for a season it would be a 5 year deal with the goal of competing for a championship during that contract.

If he ever wants to be an NBA Head coach he should take the Raptors offer. The only better job out there is Phoenix and he's not a candidate. The guy is 62 if he wants to be an NBA Head coach the time is now.
                        I think it's Masai that reached out to him not the other way around. And I think he's priority #1 for Masai too. Typically veteran coach's that have a championship pedigree don't want rebuild jobs. They want to coach win now players. Trading Pascal for a pick is the opposite of what a coach like that would want.

Plus I've read the tea leaves. Masai talked about parity in his press conference. Now the #8 ranked Heat are in the finals. They lost one game in the play-in too. I think Masai sees a path where he can get back there with the guys he has.

Comment

Still too talented to tank. Pretty damn easy to think you're top 5 and not end up there. Then you really wasted a whole season.
                          I don't know what too talented means when you've traded Pascal, Fred and kept everyone else. It's not like rookies help elevate teams usually. Even former ROY's are usually on bad tanking teams (like Banchero this year). 1-4 is a lottery. 5 isn't.

Portland got to 5th pre lottery and they have a HOF lock on their roster.

Comment

• Massai is having a major problem of evaluation, was the problem Nuse or the Roster or both ?
                            That is why it is hard to make a decision.

Comment

I don't know what too talented means when you've traded Pascal, Fred and kept everyone else. It's not like rookies help elevate teams usually. Even former ROY's are usually on bad tanking teams (like Banchero this year). 1-4 is a lottery. 5 isn't.

The only way to guarantee a top 5 pick is to finish dead last. If you think there's an easy path to that, I've got a bridge to sell you.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You do realize we have to take players back in trade to match salaries right?

You're talking like we're moving Pascal and Fred and replacing them with G League players.

If we do Blazers deal and bring back Simons, Little, and Scoot for Pascal we will still be way too talented to tank.

If we S&T Fred for Cole Anthony we did not downgrade enough to suck.

Let me know what trades you're thinking where we bring back zero talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X