Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Have you guys ever listened to him speak English?

His command of the English language seems pretty damn good to me.

Here is a 20 minute post game interview when he was an assistant with the Raptors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_GdycZ3ce8&t=12s

I have a much easier time understanding him than a lot of NBA players born in the USA.
    Meh, a little work has to be done so he won’t be misinterpreted down the road.

But If his brain is way more valuable than his proficiency in English, I am on board.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Could be Sergio, but not a lock. Raps are obviously still conducting interviews or they'd be flying out to wherever Segio is.
        They did earlier in the process.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

His team just won in a sweep today to make the finals.

The first finals game is June 10th, so this doesn't absolutely mean he's the new coach, but it's looking pretty likely.

Comment

His team just won in a sweep today to make the finals.

The first finals game is June 10th, so this doesn't absolutely mean he's the new coach, but it's looking pretty likely.
            I thought the semi's were a best of 7. But unless he knew he was going to win, it's still pretty interesting that he chose to fly out right after his game.

Comment

Yup, I read that as well. If it were a lock interviews wouldn't be necessary though right? I think the assistant from Denver has to be in it still.

Comment

Yup, I read that as well. If it were a lock interviews wouldn't be necessary though right? I think the assistant from Denver has to be in it still.
                You never know until it's announced. I thought the Suns assistant was the lock to be the Suns next coach and they took Vogel instead. So yeah no such thing as a lock I guess.

But it's just weird that Sergio would fly down to Toronto when he's in the middle of a playoff run. It was announced he was flying down after his game. They could have lost, and he'd have to get his team ready for game 4. I feel like they are getting closer to the finish line here. But as always its just a hunch.

Comment

I thought the semi's were a best of 7. But unless he knew he was going to win, it's still pretty interesting that he chose to fly out right after his game.
                  Nope best of 5. I know that because the other team in the finals also won a sweep but won yesterday and was already listed in the finals on the bracket.

Comment

Final interview for Sergio may be code for press conference to announce Sergio.

He needs to be in Toronto for that.

Forcing him to fly to Toronto for another interview while he needs to prep his team for the Finals seems entirely unnecessary when they already interviewed him face to face in Italy, plus know him well from his years coaching the Raptors.

You have to keep in mind you basically lose a day flying each way as well. Would be super messed up to rob him of 3 finals preparation days if we weren't gonna give him the job.

Comment

Forcing him to fly to Toronto for another interview while he needs to prep his team for the Finals seems entirely unnecessary when they already interviewed him face to face in Italy, plus know him well from his years coaching the Raptors.

You have to keep in mind you basically lose a day flying each way as well. Would be super messed up to rob him of 3 finals preparation days if we weren't gonna give him the job.
                      Yeah imagine he comes in the middle of his playoffs to lose more sleep/stress, just for Masai and Bobbi to tell him "yeah good interview we will let you know soon..." Either he is coming for a press conference or to sign the contract in person. Otherwise we will witness some Italian temper up in front of the press.

Comment

You never know until it's announced. I thought the Suns assistant was the lock to be the Suns next coach and they took Vogel instead. So yeah no such thing as a lock I guess.

But it's just weird that Sergio would fly down to Toronto when he's in the middle of a playoff run. It was announced he was flying down after his game. They could have lost, and he'd have to get his team ready for game 4. I feel like they are getting closer to the finish line here. But as always its just a hunch.
                        I would be pissed if I was a fan of that team and Sergio jetted off mid playoff to negotiate greener pastures.
                        That's worse than

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I would be pissed if I was a fan of that team and Sergio jetted off mid playoff to negotiate greener pastures.
                          That's worse than
                          Eh, I'd get it.

I'm a college football fan and if my teams coach got an NFL head coach interview I'd be pumped for him.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

That's worse than
                            But you’re not a fan of some random Italian league team. Are you?

Comment

You mean announce Sergio as the new Raptors HC while he still has the finals rounds to coach? LOL, I think he'd be in breach of his current contract if he were to do that not to mention really unprofessional. I think just means Raps aren't stopping the interview process for him and he really wants the job, but what you guys are saying makes some sense too.

Comment

You mean announce Sergio as the new Raptors HC while he still has the finals rounds to coach? LOL, I think he'd be in breach of his current contract if he were to do that not to mention really unprofessional. I think just means Raps aren't stopping the interview process for him and he really wants the job, but what you guys are saying makes some sense too.
                                Yes of course announce now. He can still go back and coach the finals. We won't need him in Toronto while they're happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X