Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Im down!
    So much for that. Doesnt seem to be happening.

Comment

• I bet it’s Darko

Comment

• So it's Sergio or the assistant from Denver then?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          So it's Sergio or the assistant from Denver then?
          Atkinson is apparently still in the running too.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Atkinson is apparently still in the running too.
            So they haven't decided who they want then? Atkinson is out for f the playoffs already so would have named him if he was their guy.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

So they haven't decided who they want then? Atkinson is out for f the playoffs already so would have named him if he was their guy.
              Yeah that's how I'm taking it. They still haven't decided yet.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Lol...can we all agree this process has been a huge failure already.
                I mean honestly...
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Or Raptors are waiting on the Finals to end for Quinn or Adelman?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    When they fired Casey they basically did a 180 with Nurse. Most teams do that. I just don’t know what the opposite of Nurse is in these circumstances. Maybe they lean into an ex-player who is more of a leader/manager than tactician?
                    Well the NBA Final has to non ex players who are the head coach ...

You look at who the Celtics brought in too help the head coach ... It got me thinking does the head coach have a say who
                    assists him ? Will the Raptors new head coach get to pick his assistances or is he going to be told who assists him ?

If your going to talk about culture your going to have to have chemistry with your coaching department from day one .
                    I read Ime Udoka plucked all the Celtic assistances .. The longer the Raptors wait for their head coach the
                    more the pool of coaches will be drying up

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Lol...can we all agree this process has been a huge failure already.
                      I mean honestly...
                      I will stick with my assertion that they’ve already decided and the guy is still coaching in the finals (or Europe).

Comment

• I was really impressed with how well Atkinson coached the young Nets… if you want culture setter, I think he brings it…

I think it might be a coach on one of the finals teams… leaning to Quinn over Adelman.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          I was really impressed with how well Atkinson coached the young Nets… if you want culture setter, I think he brings it…

I think it might be a coach on one of the finals teams… leaning to Quinn over Adelman.
                          I liked Atkinson for the same reasons ... he essentially walked away from the Nets job b/c he did not want to be a gofer for the Durant/Kyrie demands. He was right and was a character move by him.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Well the NBA Final has to non ex players who are the head coach ...

You look at who the Celtics brought in too help the head coach ... It got me thinking does the head coach have a say who
                            assists him ? Will the Raptors new head coach get to pick his assistances or is he going to be told who assists him ?

If your going to talk about culture your going to have to have chemistry with your coaching department from day one .
                            My comment wasn't that one was better than the other just more about the tendency of sports teams, which is that when they fire a coach they often (not always) bring in a new coach that is the opposite in many respects. This makes some sense in that you are trying to address the weaknesses (or perceived weaknesses) of the old coach. I thought that in Nurse's case this may be suggested an ex-player type who is good at managing people than a tactician. Doesn't mean he can't be a good strategist and tactician.

Can't recall who it was but there was a recent podcast with a player talking about how now the coaching staffs are now more collaborative efforts than simply head coach and everyone else.

Comment

• Was just listening to the Will Lou podcast and Sergio Scariolo is somebody that has me intrigued .. He knows the organization
                              and knows this core roster when they were successful .. He won with a Spain team that didn't have a mega star on it .. He is
                              well known in the NBA community and so it's not like your hiring
                              David Blatt who came out of no where ...

Comment

• ahhh good news so we might have a coach in a week's time... perhaps.... and it might be Sergio...perhaps

Comment

Working...
                                X