Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#kl/dd/jj/pp/jv

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    About time. And look what freaking happens.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • #17
      The lineup looked good, as did the 2nd unit with Amir... chalk up another decent idea from us posters.

      Even if Amir starts, I like him being subbed-out early for Patterson, to give some continuity while avoiding the straight 5-for-5 hockey line change. Ross winds up being the 4th/5th sub brought on, allowing him to remain on the floor as the starters come back on, ensuring there is always at least one floor-spacer on the court, after setting the tone defensively for the first 4-5 minutes.

      Comment


      • #18
        CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        The lineup looked good, as did the 2nd unit with Amir... chalk up another decent idea from us posters.

        Even if Amir starts, I like him being subbed-out early for Patterson, to give some continuity while avoiding the straight 5-for-5 hockey line change. Ross winds up being the 4th/5th sub brought on, allowing him to remain on the floor as the starters come back on, ensuring there is always at least one floor-spacer on the court, after setting the tone defensively for the first 4-5 minutes.
        Today wasn't a sub out but foul trouble. Bench advantage reversed. Spurs bench outscored Raptor by around 20.

        Comment


        • #19
          DanH wrote: View Post
          About time. And look what freaking happens.
          We prob would have waited a while longer to see any meaningful minutes for this lineup if Amir hadn't picked up a couple o quick fouls a few minutes in.

          Comment


          • #20
            big boi wrote: View Post
            We prob would have waited a while longer to see any meaningful minutes for this lineup if Amir hadn't picked up a couple o quick fouls a few minutes in.
            yup!

            I'd like to see these guys play more. Last night they worked well but there were some stupid careless turnovers courtesy of Lowry and Demar. I think if they played more and ironed out a few things this line up could be lethal.

            Comment


            • #21
              nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              yup!

              I'd like to see these guys play more. Last night they worked well but there were some stupid careless turnovers courtesy of Lowry and Demar. I think if they played more and ironed out a few things this line up could be lethal.
              This line up will be deadly, but the bench suffers, hands is no backup centre, and neither is amir. Ross seems like he can't be trusted on defence any longer and although he is showing great signs of growth by driving consistently, I feel it's time we pull E trigger to get a real back up SF who can accommodate 3&D as well as a true backup centre .
              Honestly that rumoured trade about green, plumlee & Ennis would be perfect ; atleast as a filler while we work Bruno and Bebe into backups.

              Comment


              • #22
                As long as JJ is in the starting lineup and Vasquez and Ross are not i'm good.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'm more impressed that JJ was there in the crucial moments of the 4th instead of GV or Lou. I don't personally care who starts. It's always about who finishes.

                  And despite the use of this line up.. JV still wasn't there in the dying moments. Could have used him to grab some boards. How many opportunities did the Spurs get? Could have easily been a loss.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I'm more impressed that JJ was there in the crucial moments of the 4th instead of GV or Lou. I don't personally care who starts. It's always about who finishes.

                    And despite the use of this line up.. JV still wasn't there in the dying moments. Could have used him to grab some boards. How many opportunities did the Spurs get? Could have easily been a loss.
                    i remember watching part of the game and even with JV on the floor, we were losing a lot of defensive rebounds.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      i remember watching part of the game and even with JV on the floor, we were losing a lot of defensive rebounds.
                      I think you confused JV and Hansborough.

                      JV dominated the defensive boards last night

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well, still don't have the dream lineup but I'll definitely take JJ > Ross or (shudder) Vasquez.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          i remember watching part of the game and even with JV on the floor, we were losing a lot of defensive rebounds.
                          Well, JV had an on-court DREB% of 76% - by far the best on the team (Amir, PP and Hansbrough were all below 66%).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            Well, JV had an on-court DREB% of 76% - by far the best on the team (Amir, PP and Hansbrough were all below 66%).
                            well thats good then. like i said i only watched part of the game. GO JV!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              More support for the People's Lineup (maybe a mod could retitle the thread, I had a hell of a time finding it lol)


                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                More support for the People's Lineup (maybe a mod could retitle the thread, I had a hell of a time finding it lol)


                                When did basketball become more intense to read stats than Calculus 101 my god
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X