Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Being a Wuss Factor Into Contract Negotiations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Being a Wuss Factor Into Contract Negotiations?

I found it really amusing that TSN showed Bosh in the pre-game warmups imitating a boxer and throwing some combo's, then he goes out and catches an elbow (which probably hurt) and is KO'd for the game. Seriously though, his nose better be broken or his wuss factor is approaching Wince's. How many years in a row has Bosh missed numerous games with injuries that aren't broken bones or torn ligaments?

Bosh's last 5 seasons
    70 gp, 69gp, 67 gp, 77 gp and this year most likely 71gp.

If Bosh were a hockey player he would be the laughing stock of the league with regards to toughness.......but then again half the nba would as well....and pretty much every soccer player to ever hit the field.....

My concern is, should his affinity for sitting out games with minor injuries be considered by BC or other GM's when offering the max? Because durability is one thing (injuries), but being tough is another (hurt), and you can guarentee he won't be getting tougher with age and financial security.

Opinions?

This is probably the most stupid thread I've ever encountered on this forum. I very rarely post (think this is my second or third in four months) but Christ, what a joke.

Comment

Bosh is not a wuss he is lookin out for his own well being I as a raptors fan am not angry it looked suspect at first but I think bosh is durable to say the least

Comment

Note to self - "Never, ever, ever read a post by Lucamacus ever again."

Comment

It's amazing that the hockey dudes always put themselves on this toughness pedestal. Every inch of a hockey player is swaddled in padding, helmuts and tape but because they can fight (legally) they are considered the toughest.

Comment

Bosh's injury is a lot worse than a broken nose. If the initial reports are true, he could be getting all his food through a straw for the next month. So he might have played his last game in a Raps uniform.
            I Am Shutup

Comment

Pure wuss, was never worth max and we should be thanking alah/vishnu/me that Chicago laid an egg against a broken down Bucks team.

And being a basketball guy, when I say that there isn't a NBA player in half the shape or nearly as tough as most Retired NHL players, let alone active. I know it doesn't take a single thing away from the athletes in the NBA in saying that.

Comment

I've been reading this blog/forum for almost 2 years now, and I've never really felt the need to comment on anything.
                But seriously this must be the stupidest thing I have ever seen here.
                Missing around 10 games a season is not even close to being a wuss. A laughingstock would be something like Eddy Curry, who plays around 10 games a season.
                We should be thanking the basketball gods that Bosh hasn't had broken bones or torn ligaments, not condemning him because he misses a couple games for things like sprained ankles, which has at some point kept any NBA player who plays significant minutes off the court.
                I'm not usually one to insult people, but that was incredibly presumptuous and ignorant.

P.S. This is directed at Lucamacus
                Raptor Jesus' comment about retired NHL players is making me unsure if his entire post is a joke
                On another note, hi everyone else love the blog and forum (most of the time)
                Last edited by Kennay; Wed Apr 7, 2010, 12:44 AM.

Comment

all that blood, and being held at the hospital...man, he definitely shouldn't have left the court to begin with. definite sign of weakness

Comment

LOL nice.
                    http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

DarkKnight wrote: View Post
                      LOL nice.
                      That's directed at Verbatim's post by the way, just to be clear. This thread is an absolute joke.
                      http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

So If I were to punch or elbow you in the face, you wouldn't want to go see if there was serious damage (especially if there was a shit-load of money on the line).

All these people who look at an injury to show that they are tough guys are moronic beyond belief.

Comment

ya because spraining your knee or ankle is a little boy's injury you effing idiot

Comment

MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
                            Bosh's injury is a lot worse than a broken nose. If the initial reports are true, he could be getting all his food through a straw for the next month. So he might have played his last game in a Raps uniform.
                            it's going to look bad on him for leaving while he's cakin in a chair at home.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Fail of Epic Proportions lucamucas!

SMH.

Comment

Working...
                              X