Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh With A Broken Honker? Done for the season. (Update on Pg. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh With A Broken Honker? Done for the season. (Update on Pg. 2)

It sounds as though courtesy of Eric Smith.

Bosh suffered a "maxilla and nasal fracture to the right side of his face" and will stay in Cleveland overnight for further evaluation
    Source - Click here

Probably done for the year.

He and Bogut should get together in the recovery ward and play some cards or something while they are watching the Bucks and Raptors in the first round of the playoffs.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Probably done for the year.
      I hope not for 2 reasons:

1) We'll likely miss the playoffs.
      2) We might just of watched Bosh's last game as a Raptor.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Not necessarily miss the playoffs.

No reason that this team can't beat the Bulls, Pistons and Knicks. Don't forget the Raptors have the tie breaker with the Bulls. So if they if they beat the Bulls at home they will have a very good chance to make the playoffs.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It sounds as though courtesy of Eric Smith.

Source - Click here
          If the Raptors lose to the Bulls this weekend then that's it for the 8th seed. Without Bosh they'll be lucky to win a game from here on out.

Comment

That one sounds like a good reason! Keep him on the sidelines.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Its not really a simple broken nose, a little more complicated than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxilla

If it is serious, he will likely be done for the year. He will certainly be out against the Celtics tomorrow and the Hawks on Friday. Hopefully we get some more information on Wednesday.
              I Am Shutup

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Not necessarily miss the playoffs.

No reason that this team can't beat the Bulls, Pistons and Knicks. Don't forget the Raptors have the tie breaker with the Bulls. So if they if they beat the Bulls at home they will have a very good chance to make the playoffs.
                Did you not watch the Raptors when Bosh was out earlier this season? If Bosh can't play, the Raptors could very well lose every game, although I'd give them at least one win. Realistically, though, they'll lose against Boston, Atlanta and Chicago, and win against New York and Detroit. That SHOULD be enough get to the playoffs.

If they do, somehow, miss the playoffs, every Raptor fan better be praying for them to jump into the top three in the draft, because without a top three pick this year, next year is going to look a little depressing, quite frankly. Well, unless Colangelo is somehow able to trade Bargnani and Turkoglu for something useful.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

We have no picks.

Bargnani is one the few pieces of this team that might be worth keeping for the term of his contract.

Calderon is half a point guard. Turkoglu is one third point forward. Bosh is an 18ft Jump Shooting 'Supposedly Power' forward. The half of Bargnani that plays post defense, changes and blocks shots, while tumultuously rebounding is as close to a real position player, outside the Rookie and Jack, we got.

Comment

Out for certain two games, maybe the season...

The maxilla is often called the mustache bone, the bone that forms the upper jaw.

Simply, that’s were your teeth are anchored.

And while Hedo Turkoglu was able to wear a mask to protect the non-displaced fracture of his orbital bone and other NBA players have been able to similarly protect broken noses, there is absolutely no certainty that Bosh’s multiple injuries can be protected in this manner.

It may take some time to fully assess just how serious the damage to Bosh’s nose and jaw is. Just as it may time to formulate an appropriate method of treatment.

But there should be no doubt, Bosh will not be playing in the next two games.

And it shouldn’t surprise anyone if he were to miss the rest of the regular season.
                    Bleacher Report

Comment

Bosh may have played his last game for the Raptors last night. It wouldn't surprise me. He knows that even if the Raptors make the playoffs that they will only get embarrassed by the Cavs so why bother to be part of that fiasco.

He can relax and enjoy the rest of the NBA season and playoffs from the comfort of the sidelines. I bet Turkoglu wishes he had an excuse to leave early for Turkey.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                        We have no picks.

Bargnani is one the few pieces of this team that might be worth keeping for the term of his contract.

Calderon is half a point guard. Turkoglu is one third point forward. Bosh is an 18ft Jump Shooting 'Supposedly Power' forward. The half of Bargnani that plays post defense, changes and blocks shots, while tumultuously rebounding is as close to a real position player, outside the Rookie and Jack, we got.
                        The Raptors have a pick if they don't make the playoffs, but considering what would most likely be available where they would draft, I'd rather they make the playoffs.

And I guess you've been watching a different Bargnani, because the one I've been watching the last four years certainly isn't worth keeping.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

With or without Bosh I don't think this team was going to/will make the playoffs. That picture of Bosh with the dazed look on his face and blood dripping down kinda sums up the Raptors year. Its almost poetic.
                          Deadallus

Comment

lol a broken honker
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Doug Smith: Regular season over for Bosh

Chris Bosh has had surgery on his nose and his regular season is over because it will be at least until next week before the damage done to his broken nose can be assessed, team medical officials said Wednesday
                              The Star

Comment

Working...
                              X