Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two deals that have me puzzled:

Wolves trade Young for Garnett - Garnett is still a n excellent defender, but what is the thinking for Minny to trade an asset for nostalgia? Couldn't they have gotten a youngster or a draft pick for Thad?

Jazz trade Kanter/Novakr for Perkins, who they're planning to buy out? No draft pick{s}?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• It's really too bad we couldn't sneak in there to snag Ennis, given that he was on the move. There were so many moving pieces it felt like we could have gotten something small done, but I guess we're rolling now with what we've got.

MIA is gunning now, they could be real trouble in the playoffs with Dragic and Whiteside.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Theres alota team gunnin for that 7 & 8 spot in the east. Heat, Pistons, Nets and Celtics got better. Pacers with PG back will be better. Damn, is this the best season in the history of professional sports or what?

and the probability Raps bounce in the first round was increased in a matter of a couple of hours.
        We have to hope MCW busts in Milwaukee and we get them in the 1st round. The 7 seed is going to be tough no matter who ends up there, but my money is on Miami.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Damn... that was some powerful shit. Might start watching Breaking Bad now..

At the time? No. But I was just taught a valuable lesson by Joey and Walter.

I'm very intrigued but I'm wondering how they'll coexist. I guess if Jennings doesn't chuck, Jackson won't and vice versa.
          Jennings really turned his game around after Josh Smith.

Small sample between that and his injury but I think SVG reaches him.

Jennings could also be traded.... so who knows? lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Just catching up on the trade chatter.. so Miami got better (could be a tougher first round opponent for the Raps now). OKC should be better. Suns went from 5 PG's to 2.. and their starter is now Brandon Knight?? I thought they had a good executive, yikes.

Most underrated move is Houston getting McDaniels for basically free. And he's an RFA. That was the steal of the day.
            Knight would back up Bledsoe, no?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              The two deals that have me puzzled:

Wolves trade Young for Garnett - Garnett is still a n excellent defender, but what is the thinking for Minny to trade an asset for nostalgia? Couldn't they have gotten a youngster or a draft pick for Thad?

Jazz trade Kanter/Novakr for Perkins, who they're planning to buy out? No draft pick{s}?
              There has to be more to the Jazz trade. I haven't found anywhere that says what they got in the deal other than Perk, who they're going to buy out. They must have gotten a couple 1sts, they valued Kanter very highly.

The Garnett/Young swap was because Young was opting out and leaving at seasons end, so they did a nostalgia move. They should have traded Young before the season when teams would have been willing to give up assets.

Comment

I think Knight starts at SG in Phoenix. Basically taking over Dragic's role.

Comment

I think they'll continue with the 2 PG lineup
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Jennings really turned his game around after Josh Smith.

Small sample between that and his injury but I think SVG reaches him.

Jennings could also be traded.... so who knows? lol
                    Man.. that would really suck lol but I doubt it. You're right about SVG reaching him. He's been defending Jennings the entire season.

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Dual point guard lineup man. Where have you been? And Knight makes for a much better SG than PG

Comment

• Big men expected to be bought out.

Javale McGee
                      Kendrick Perkins
                      Shawne Williams

Anyone I'm missing? Any interest in these guys on a vet min deal? I think any of them could help some, just in different ways.

Comment

• Did Masai talk to the press today? Thought he was suppose to come on at 3:30, but didn't see anything...

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Big men expected to be bought out.

Javale McGee
                          Kendrick Perkins
                          Shawne Williams

Anyone I'm missing? Any interest in these guys on a vet min deal? I think any of them could help some, just in different ways.
                          None would help if we kept the same defensive (hedge-central) approach.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Big men expected to be bought out.

Javale McGee
                            Kendrick Perkins
                            Shawne Williams

I'd do McGee.

He will have money owed this year and next.

I'd sign him to minimum deal - this year and next.

Huge reward versus risk.

Comment

I consider Bledsoe more of a SG. But yeah good point.

Comment

• I'd nab up Williams myself.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X