Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Just read this article on TSN and thought it does a pretty good job setting the stage for the upcoming trade deadline, from the Raptors' perspective.

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/expect-quiet-trade...ptors-1.205947

The Raptors go into the all-star break with more wins than ever before and while their first-half success has heightened external expectations, internally the organization's intentions remain the same. Continue to let their young core grow individually and as a collective unit, which they have. Defend their Atlantic Division title, which they will. And advance into the second round of the playoffs, which they might.

With the NBA's Feb. 19 trade deadline approaching, it would be a surprise to see Masai Ujiri veer from that plan or mortgage their future to expedite the building process.
    If they can use any of the others - apart from intriguing rookie Bruno Caboclo - perhaps an expiring contract or two, to pick up a fourth big, upgrading their depth in the frontcourt with a long, athletic rim protector, that's something you would expect them to seriously consider.

But unless that opportunity presents itself or an offer jumps off the page, expect deadline day to come and go without much noise from the Raptors.

David West

15 points 10 rebounds 4 assists 2 steals per game last 5 games

Comment

This has pretty much been always my feeling. Masai is going to resist making any chemistry busting/jeopardizing moves....unless of course the other guy just makes it too difficult to say no! He is working on a timetable.

Comment

I agree, I can't see any big moves, but Masaii being an opportunist might be looking to tweak, add depth to the bench, steal a pick etc. He could try to get in on a bigger trade between two other teams to steal something.

Comment

Continue to let their young core grow individually and as a collective unit, which they have. Defend their Atlantic Division title, which they will. And advance into the second round of the playoffs, which they might.
          Important to remember these goals. Because really, they are still realistic for this team IMO.

Comment

They need a backup big.

Realistically Raps need a starting PF and SF. But it's tough to address that during mid season.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Back up C is priority number 1. After that, then we go after a SF and PF.

Comment

Man I was hoping there'd be rumours here already. Let's start some anyway.

I propose we trade Bill Cosby and Pops Mensah Bonsu for Carlton Banks and trucker Chewbacca.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Man I was hoping there'd be rumours here already. Let's start some anyway.

I propose we trade Bill Cosby and Pops Mensah Bonsu for Carlton Banks and trucker Chewbacca.
                  That's a horrible trade. Cosby would rape opposing teams. Can't put a price tag on that.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I propose we trade JV to Cle for LeBron James.

Ok my bad we need a C to replace JV right? LeBron and Mozgov for JV.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Maybe we'll just do another Daye-De Colo trade.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        I propose we trade JV to Cle for LeBron James.

Ok my bad we need a C to replace JV right? LeBron and Mozgov for JV.
                        Cavs hang up. No trade gets done without Fields.

Comment

ESPN (Stein)'s take on the trade deadline:
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...s-magic-active

Names he mentioned that could be on the move:
                          - Brook Lopez
                          - Reggie Jackson
                          - Arron Afflalo
                          - Jameer Nelson
                          - Randy Foye
                          - Andrew Nicholson
                          - Miles Plumlee
                          - Brandon Bass
                          - Marcus Thornton

Sounds like it will be another boring trade deadline.

Comment

Thad Young?

Comment

Gotta get that SF/PF Hybrid ya'll.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X