winning 40 before losing 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winning 40 before losing 20

Phil Jackson claims that good teams win 40 games before losing 20. Can the Raptors go 4-2 over the next six?

@Atlanta, @Houston, @NO, @Dallas, Golden State, and @NY

It doesn't really matter. Raps are a good team not a great/contending team. Need TALENT to contend.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

milestones show a teams growth

Comment

Houston, New Orleans, dallas are all dealing with injuries to significant players so we should be able to pull off 4 of the 6, 3 at worst

Comment

phil jackson also said the knicks would make a playoff run this year. who gives a shit what he says.

Comment

4-2 is easily possible.

I say we go 3-3 though.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
              Phil Jackson claims that good teams win 40 games before losing 20. Can the Raptors go 4-2 over the next six?

Probably not. 3-3 will be pretty good. I only see two wins out of those 6 games and one of those wins I am counting in is to a team we previously lost to. (NO)

Comment

I can see us beating Dallas, NO and NY, but I don't think we'll beat Atlanta, GS or Houston.

And knowing this team, we'll probably beat Atlanta then lose to NY.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

We could win four, but I think it's unlikely. Whether we do it or not, I'm still not convinced we're a contender. Conference finals contender? Maybe.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    We could win four, but I think it's unlikely. Whether we do it or not, I'm still not convinced we're a contender. Conference finals contender? Maybe.
                    Yeah if luck is on our side with the standings lol
                    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post

What about losing 40 before winning 20? What does Phil Jackson say about that?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        What about losing 40 before winning 20? What does Phil Jackson say about that?
                        Never mind that, how about losing 40 before winning 11?
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          Never mind that, how about losing 40 before winning 11?
                          I think that's the mark of a team going nowhere.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Why does everybody keep bringing this quote up? If you really put any stock into it, basically what matters is a 2-1 win-loss ratio at the end of the year. Like, if you go 40-20 then lost 15 straight, you're still a contender because of that magic number? Or what if you start the season 25-21 then win 20 straight? Sounds like a bunch of hogwash.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Why does everybody keep bringing this quote up? If you really put any stock into it, basically what matters is a 2-1 win-loss ratio at the end of the year. Like, if you go 40-20 then lost 15 straight, you're still a contender because of that magic number? Or what if you start the season 25-21 then win 20 straight? Sounds like a bunch of hogwash.
                              It's just 1 old geezer's way of determining good teams from ok teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X