Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kyle Lowry extended sit down with Bill Simmons

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12320348

Really good interview if you like Bill Simmons. Figured it's worth a thread, lots of good stuff here.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

if you like Bill Simmons.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      if you like Bill Simmons.

As a columnist I find him entertaining as hell. Decent wit, an insane amount of pop culture knowledge, and while he's isn't Zach Lowe with basketball strategy, he knows a shit town about the history of the game and where you'd rank players historically. Then at least knows enough about football and baseball to hold his own.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        As a columnist I find him entertaining as hell. Decent wit, an insane amount of pop culture knowledge, and while he's isn't Zach Lowe with basketball strategy, he knows a shit town about the history of the game and where you'd rank players historically. Then at least knows enough about football and baseball to hold his own.
        Agree, as long as he doesn't mention anything related to Celtics, then I'm fine

Comment

great interview intelligent answers t00 g00d questi0ns

Comment

Bill > Jalen. Jalen don't know shit

Comment

Lowry's luckier than DeRozan because his All-Star appearance coincides with NYC hosting the event. DeMar didn't get nearly as much press in NOLA. JB Smoove, David Aldrigde, Jimmy Fallon, Bill Simmons, etcetera etcetera etcetera. Kyle's like City TV. ... EVERYWHERE.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                Lowry's luckier than DeRozan because his All-Star appearance coincides with NYC hosting the event. DeMar didn't get nearly as much press in NOLA. JB Smoove, David Aldrigde, Jimmy Fallon, Bill Simmons, etcetera etcetera etcetera. Kyle's like City TV. ... EVERYWHERE.
                Hopefully both make it next year in the TDot. Or (personal bias) Kyle & Jonas :-D

Comment

Yeah. The talk of basketball utopia, unselfishness, no egos really takes me back. To last year post Rudy trade, when we really did play unselfish basketball and the ball moved / wasn't sticky. And the fans loved it, loved the style of play. I miss that.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Hopefully both make it next year in the TDot. Or (personal bias) Kyle & Jonas :-D
                    I think Jonas could be an all-star next year. I'd like to see his minutes get up over 30 per.

Comment

Me too. I think the biggest reasons they went down from last year a tick is because Casey is focusing so hard on defending small ball which also has gotten bigger in the game, as well he is in love with 2Pat and Amir and you can't really blame him they bring the veteran savvy.

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                        I think Jonas could be an all-star next year. I'd like to see his minutes get up over 30 per.
                        Not happening with DC anytime soon.

Comment

Don't know if you guys heard the other interviews but man Cousins sounds morbidly depressed, but that may just be how he sounds usually.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                            Don't know if you guys heard the other interviews but man Cousins sounds morbidly depressed, but that may just be how he sounds usually.
                            He's too hard to smile...

Yeah.. too hard after being a millionaire.
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              Not happening with DC anytime soon.
                              Ya no shit. At this point both Amir and PPat are WAY more reliable in the crunch defensively, especially when other teams are playing small ball. JV isn't dominant enough to be able to offset the other teams small ball with him dummying people in the paint. It'll come eventually but he's not there yet.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X