Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
    Bill > Jalen. Jalen don't know shit
    It's the opposite. Jalen "knows shit". Bill has the fan perspective. Knows the kind of questions fans actually care about.

Simmons is underrated. It is not an exaggeration to say sites like Raptors Republic wouldn't exist if Simmons didn't pave the way for fan/story-based sports coverage.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      It's the opposite. Jalen "knows shit". Bill has the fan perspective. Knows the kind of questions fans actually care about.

Simmons is underrated. It is not an exaggeration to say sites like Raptors Republic wouldn't exist if Simmons didn't pave the way for fan/story-based sports coverage.
      Jalen just irritates me so much with his "I know people" sorta shit. Like when he said Jordan was going to play a game for the Bobcats last season. Obviously just for media attention but why make such stupid statements.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12320348

Really good interview if you like Bill Simmons. Figured it's worth a thread, lots of good stuff here.
        Lowry seems to be very confortable during the interview ie didn't seem star struck ... DD last year didn't feel as confortable being interviewed by Bill ..

Is it just me but I get annoyed every time Bosh speaks ... Listened to Bill's interview with Bosh and in a round about way he said I like to get paid max money but enjoy the comfort of not having any pressure to win ...

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
          Lowry seems to be very confortable during the interview ie didn't seem star struck ... DD last year didn't feel as confortable being interviewed by Bill ..

Is it just me but I get annoyed every time Bosh speaks ... Listened to Bill's interview with Bosh and in a round about way he said I like to get paid max money but enjoy the comfort of not having any pressure to win ...
          I really enjoyed Bosh's interview. He spoke freely and (seemingly) honestly, was engaging and gave full answers.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            I really enjoyed Bosh's interview. He spoke freely and (seemingly) honestly, was engaging and gave full answers.
            Do you have a link to it?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Do you have a link to it?
              Nevermind, think I found it: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12332906

Comment

All the interviews were good. I found it difficult to listen to Boogie, Daryll Dawkins, Payton and Oladipo. My favourite interviews were Lowry (of course), Bosh, Bernard King, The Chief and Ahmad Rashad. I actually don't Bill Simmons fan boy Celtic side. The teams he grew up watching were amazing and it was probably the best era for basketball.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

I dunno man... He lost all credibility for me when he said DeMar is a great 3 point shooter in last seasons Raptors preview lol. Some of his analysis just make me wonder if he realizes the shit that's coming out of his mouth.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Not happening with DC anytime soon.
                    Why not put the onus on Jonas (see what I did there) and say he has to defend better. Defence = minutes.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                      All the interviews were good. I found it difficult to listen to Boogie, Daryll Dawkins, Payton and Oladipo. My favourite interviews were Lowry (of course), Bosh, Bernard King, The Chief and Ahmad Rashad. I actually don't Bill Simmons fan boy Celtic side. The teams he grew up watching were amazing and it was probably the best era for basketball.
                      Boogie has zero personality .. Bill gushes over him like a school girl ...

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        That is true Bosh seems to have no filter and just speaks with honesty .. It gets him in trouble more often then naught

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          Why not put the onus on Jonas (see what I did there) and say he has to defend better. Defence = minutes.
                          How about apply that to the entire team?

Why only Jonas?
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            How about apply that to the entire team?

Why only Jonas?
                            Short answer? Roles.

JV is being groomed into a defensive stopper, if you reward him with minutes for his offensive production regardless of his defense you'll never get the defence out of him.

Vasquez isn't on the team to play D and he's not going to be developed into any type of defensive player. Same with Lou.

Klow has been poor defensively but he's still the leader of the team and carried the burden of the offensive load for much of the season.

DD isn't a good defensive player 1 v 1 but he's a good system defender.

But look at the other guys too. Amir and JJ get minutes for their D and intangibles not for offense. TRoss was benched because his D has plummeted and PPat had picked up minutes due to his D and rebounding.
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              Short answer? Roles.

JV is being groomed into a defensive stopper, if you reward him with minutes for his offensive production regardless of his defense you'll never get the defence out of him.

Vasquez isn't on the team to play D and he's not going to be developed into any type of defensive player. Same with Lou.

Klow has been poor defensively but he's still the leader of the team and carried the burden of the offensive load for much of the season.

DD isn't a good defensive player 1 v 1 but he's a good system defender.

But look at the other guys too. Amir and JJ get minutes for their D and intangibles not for offense. TRoss was benched because his D has plummeted and PPat had picked up minutes due to his D and rebounding.
                              Fair enough

I applaud you for actually answering respectfully instead of calling me a troll and/or fanboy
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Fair enough

I applaud you for actually answering respectfully instead of calling me a troll and/or fanboy
                                Haha, it's a fair question.

I could be completely off but that's how I justify it in my mind to keep from going insane most games lol.

Plus, PPat and Amir are pretty good together
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X