Game #54: Toronto Raptors 105 - Atlanta Hawks 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDelight wrote: View Post
    I used our success with the Spurs as a rebuttal to the poster saying the Raptors don't do well against teams with good ball movement. The Spurs are the prototype for good ball movement and Budenholzer is reaping the benefits of being a descendant of Pop and his team-style philosophy of play.

I still think the biggest issue will be keeping Teague in check. The second Teague starts breaking us down on defense, we're going to go into full scramble mode and that might be the end of it.

We have a better record than them in the last 10 games, they are not unstoppable. With that being said, their 3 losses have all been on the road. I have no idea the last time they lost a home game.
    Yes, but like you said, we were successful vs SA because we were able to limit Tony Parker's penetration. Tony Parker and Jeff Teague are entirely different players, so again, the link doesn't really work because the players are different.

In general, our scheme does struggle against ball movement heavy offence (we are help heavy, so we eventually are stretched beyond the break point). We managed some success vs the Spurs, but personnel matter a lot.

The Hawks last home loss was Boxing Day vs Milwaukee (13 home games ago).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Our biggest advantage should be DD and JJ's ability to drive.

Korver has to be on one of them, and he shouldn't be able to stop them.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Yes, but like you said, we were successful vs SA because we were able to limit Tony Parker's penetration. Tony Parker and Jeff Teague are entirely different players, so again, the link doesn't really work because the players are different.

In general, our scheme does struggle against ball movement heavy offence (we are help heavy, so we eventually are stretched beyond the break point). We managed some success vs the Spurs, but personnel matter a lot.

The Hawks last home loss was Boxing Day vs Milwaukee (13 home games ago).
        There was actually a recent ESPN article that said looking at the top teams in the East, the team who would cause the biggest issue to Atlanta are the Raptors.As Raptors fans, we may not believe that because we know our deficiencies, but I still believe player-to-player, we match up well against the Hawks.

I think if we really utilize our strength from JV, JJ, DD, our ability to get to the line, and can hit our 3s, we can beat them. I understand that they are a different team from the beginning of the season, but we beat them twice already, we're running on a high beating the Clips, Spurs, and Washington, and our defense has been significantly better since inserting JJ.

Comment

DDelight wrote: View Post
          There was actually a recent ESPN article that said looking at the top teams in the East, the team who would cause the biggest issue to Atlanta are the Raptors.As Raptors fans, we may not believe that because we know our deficiencies, but I still believe player-to-player, we match up well against the Hawks.

I think if we really utilize our strength from JV, JJ, DD, our ability to get to the line, and can hit our 3s, we can beat them. I understand that they are a different team from the beginning of the season, but we beat them twice already, we're running on a high beating the Clips, Spurs, and Washington, and our defense has been significantly better since inserting JJ.
          Do you have a link for that article? Would love to see their reasoning.

I'd say Chicago or Cleveland are much bigger threats for the East.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Do you have a link for that article? Would love to see their reasoning.

I'd say Chicago or Cleveland are much bigger threats for the East.
            http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...anta-hawks-nba

I don't actually have a subscription to be honest, so couldn't read further on the list. What's interesting is this came out before our Clippers game. We've played much better since.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              I have zero idea why there is no realistic shit at #1.

Atlanta is coming back to earth... and really, if you ask me, Cleveland is the team I worry about....
              We are 6.5 games behind ATL. Check out their March schedule-- lots of easy wins even if don't play great. ATL will likely start to rest players. That said I see no scenario where we make up 6.5 games with approximately 30 games to go. Our goal should be to try and hold onto the second seed

Comment

The Hawks were sizzling hot the last time we played them. They've cooled dwn a bit. This should be a fun game.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Our goal should be to try and hold onto the second seed
                  I still dont understand.
                  This isn't science, th goal, is to win every jump ball, loose ball, battle, quarter, and game.

Period.

This whole idea that a team can't catch another is silly. If Atlanta continues lights out, then sure, it would be near impossible....but if they fall back a bit....one week you can cut 6 to 3 games.... then...... its just win. win games.

Comment

If the Celtics can beat the Hawks then we sure as shit, and we will.

Comment

I still dont understand.
                      This isn't science, th goal, is to win every jump ball, loose ball, battle, quarter, and game.

Period.

This whole idea that a team can't catch another is silly. If Atlanta continues lights out, then sure, it would be near impossible....but if they fall back a bit....one week you can cut 6 to 3 games.... then...... its just win. win games.
                      He's talking about positioning. 2nd seed seems like the best deal for us at the moment

Comment

Best deal is winning.
                        Always.

1rst place is best.

Thats always the goal, always has to be. Its the goal in that room, and if ya figure they are all sitting back trying to figure out how to grab 2nd, you're likely mistaken.

can they? well, a lot depends on Atlanta, so, they only control what they control....and thats winning.

Comment

Best deal is winning.
                          Always.

1rst place is best.

Thats always the goal, always has to be. Its the goal in that room, and if ya figure they are all sitting back trying to figure out how to grab 2nd, you're likely mistaken.

can they? well, a lot depends on Atlanta, so, they only control what they control....and thats winning.
                          Makes sense but realistically I don't think we catch up to them.

Comment

Best deal is winning.
                            Always.

1rst place is best.

Thats all nice talk and all but realistically this is how it comes down to..

If we win ALL the rest of the games ATL needs to go 21-7 the rest of the way for us to catch them. But I don't expect us to win everysingle game rest of the way.. So lets say the MOST OPTIMISTIC of us would say Okay the Raps are gonna go 21-8? That would require ATL to go 14-14 the rest of the way, .500 team?

seems realistic to you?

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                              Thats all nice talk and all but realistically this is how it comes down to..

If we win ALL the rest of the games ATL needs to go 21-7 the rest of the way for us to catch them. But I don't expect us to win everysingle game rest of the way.. So lets say the MOST OPTIMISTIC of us would say Okay the Raps are gonna go 21-8? That would require ATL to go 14-14 the rest of the way, .500 team?

seems realistic to you?
                              How about Raps 23-6, ATL 16-12?

We hit the playoffs firing on all cylinders

And ride that momentum all teh way to the finals
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                How about Raps 23-6, ATL 16-12?

We hit the playoffs firing on all cylinders

And ride that momentum all teh way to the finals
                                Did we get KD before the deadline?

Comment

Working...
                                X