Raptors Have Their Radar Set on Two Players From Maccabi Tel Aviv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Have Their Radar Set on Two Players From Maccabi Tel Aviv

Hmmm .... don't know much about either player.

Toronto Raptors have on their radar two player from Maccabi Tel Aviv, according to One: D'or Fischer and Stephan Lasme.

The Canadian team has already brought from Israeli team two players during the last years Anthony Parker and Maceo Baston.

Fischer has still another year of contract with the Yellows but could leave in case of a proposal from an NBA team while Lasme has played 16 games in the League averaging 5.2ppg with Warriors and Heat.
    Source - Click here

Don't know anything about them but if they can play and they work hard then bring them on.

Comment

Ugh, not to dis-count these players or their abilities on the court, but I want the European era Raptors to sist and decease! It hasn't worked the last few years and there's no real reason to believe it will.

Comment

The Euro experiment needs more athletic players, anyone play defense over there?

Comment

Just to split hairs.

Israel is not in Europe. It is in Asia.

Also, As a general rule Israel athletes are a lot tougher than European athletes
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I call B.S on this report.

Why would the Raptors be interested in a Maccabi's backup players?! they aren't even a starters on that team! Marco Bellineli would have been their best player if he was on their team.

I think just because the Raptors signed 3 of their former players, the agents of those backup players are probably spreading this false rumor so their players get more minutes/bigger roles or contracts down the line.

Comment

here we go again. pass!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                I call B.S on this report.

Why would the Raptors be interested in a Maccabi's backup players?!
                Because they're cheap and young? If this off-season is a rebuild and they look to make a big moves to change direction they could be left with significant space at the end of the bench.

Comment

@Buddahfan...thanks for the clarification...
                  I just saw that Fischer is actually American , and Lasme is from Africa.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Because they're cheap and young? If this off-season is a rebuild and they look to make a big moves to change direction they could be left with significant space at the end of the bench.
                    No because they aren't good enough to even play bench role in the NBA.

Comment

Have you watched them play?

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Just to split hairs.

Israel is not in Europe. It is in Asia.

Also, As a general rule Israel athletes are a lot tougher than European athletes
                        um guys, just because they play in israel doesn't mean their israeli or european.. was anthony parker?

no.

btw, what ever happened to us supposedly looking at bringing in this dude?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Both players played college in the USA, Lasme was drafted by the Warriors in the Oden-Durant draft and was waived a few games into the season. He's a undersized PF/C with a great atlethic ability and a nose for rebounds and blocks. He's a great defensive player in Europe with NO offensive game developed. A little better that Joey Dorsey in my opinion.

Don't know much about Fisher but he lead Maccabi to the Euroleague quarterfinals without having a lot of talent like in the past. He put nice numbers this season but i didn't see him play enough

About Printezis, he's playing for Unicaja, in Spain, having probably the best year of his career in terms of stats and minutes played but i don't think he's a decent NBA player. He's atlethic, he can rebound the ball and shoot from outside and is a very agressive player but i don't think he has a future in the league

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                            Both players played college in the USA, Lasme was drafted by the Warriors in the Oden-Durant draft and was waived a few games into the season. He's a undersized PF/C with a great atlethic ability and a nose for rebounds and blocks. He's a great defensive player in Europe with NO offensive game developed. A little better that Joey Dorsey in my opinion.

Don't know much about Fisher but he lead Maccabi to the Euroleague quarterfinals without having a lot of talent like in the past. He put nice numbers this season but i didn't see him play enough

About Printezis, he's playing for Unicaja, in Spain, having probably the best year of his career in terms of stats and minutes played but i don't think he's a decent NBA player. He's atlethic, he can rebound the ball and shoot from outside and is a very agressive player but i don't think he has a future in the league

i would at least give him a chance who knows he could be a good role player like delfino.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't know anything about D'or Fisher but Stephane Lasme wasn't an NBA caliber player when last I saw him in the league.

Lasme was an excellent shot blocker but a mediocre all-round defender who played sub-par man-to-man defense. He was also a below average rebounder and had no offensive game to speak of. He was a borderline 15th man on any team's roster. Unless he has improved a great deal over in Europe, I don't see any point in pursuing him.
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X