Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post deadline reaction: are you glad Masai stood pat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post deadline reaction: are you glad Masai stood pat?

Post deadline reaction: are you glad Masai stood pat?

Why?
    Why not?
    Yes
    79.63%
    No
    20.37%

Hey man , did you typo Terrance Ross?
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

I'm not happy. Why? Because there were guys out there that may have made us better. I wonder if Masai picked up one phone today. Seriously.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Totally indifferent. I guess happy is closest. Had no expectation a move would be made, and no move was made.

Lots of movement, but arguably nothing that made sense for us given short and long term fit as well as transaction cost.

Comment

Well if you take a look at the top teams in the league, most of them didn't actually do any major moves. Atlanta stood pat, Golden State, Memphis, Chicago, Washington only did a minor move. When you're winning, I can see why Masai wouldn't want to jeopardize chemistry.

I wouldn't have minded an upgrade over Tyler Hansbrough, but Casey will probably use Tyler sparingly in the playoffs anyways.

I trust that if we don't make it out of the first round again, Masai will make the necessary moves to have us be a more competitive team next season.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            I'm not happy. Why? Because there were guys out there that may have made us better. I wonder if Masai picked up one phone today. Seriously.
            Are you serious? Of course he shopped hard. He's one of the hardest working executives in the league. I'd love to hear your wise words on what masai should have done because those guys that "make us better" come at a huge cost, either disrupting the delicate chemistry in our core, or screwing with our future for a quick fix like david west. No thanks.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not surprised, hoped he could dump Steamer for something to open a roster spot. .

Guessing expectations for the team as currently constructed on Masai's part aren't as high as some here believed.

Which may not be good for those hoping Casey is canned at years end, unless he really screws up in the playoffs like he did the last play in Game 7 .
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Totally indifferent. I guess happy is closest. Had no expectation a move would be made, and no move was made.

Lots of movement, but arguably nothing that made sense for us given short and long term fit as well as transaction cost.
                Basically sums it up for me.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

It's crazy because I expected nothing as well but I'm still pretty disappointed.

Comment

Happy. Not McHappy. Just Happy. Maybe content is more like it. Of our current nine man rotation of lowry/dd/jj/amir/jv and lou/GV/ppat/tross, who would you have wanted to eliminate. Not trade, but just take out of the rotation. Who are you replacing them with? Who are you giving up to replace them? It's fine to say "I want more" but you have to back that up with a move that makes sense. Do you want any of those PG's that were traded around today to replace ours? is there a three that was available that would have gone for expiring contracts? No new gifts under the tree, I agree but no lumps of coal either.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Are you serious? Of course he shopped hard. He's one of the hardest working executives in the league. I'd love to hear your wise words on what masai should have done because those guys that "make us better" come at a huge cost, either disrupting the delicate chemistry in our core, or screwing with our future for a quick fix like david west. No thanks.
                      Loul Deng was available from the Heat. I'm a huge "Trade Ross" guy. I don't like him as a SF, never will.

A few other SF's were up on the market too. Also, look at all the PG's that were dealt. GV could've gone for a better defender no problem if teams really wanted a playmaker.

Not to mention guys that can be a backup C instead of Steamer.

WE had options. WE didn't use them. WE had a chance to be a true contender this year. Now we'll be lucky to make the 2nd round.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

This question is not black and white. It doesn't mean masai did or didn't want to make a trade. It also is not a clear indication of how good or bad he thinks we are.

Here's what really happened: masai looked to improve the team, and didn't find a trade that we would be the winner, both now and in the future. So we roll with what we got and improve in the off season.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I guess how this all plays out depends on what we do with our capspace this summer. The following guys are all expiring:
                          Amir
                          Lou
                          Psycho T
                          Landry
                          Chuck
                          Steamer

What is the plan for that space? And our pick? If we strike out in free agency it may be difficult to make a meaningful improvement to our lineup, given that Lou and Amir are a reasonably important part of our lineup.

If Masai can make a couple more moves like the Lou-deal and the JJ-signing, we might creep forward again. But as time goes on, the foundation of the team settles in like concrete, and the big question will be... what is the ceiling of this group?

Comment

Loul Deng was available from the Heat. I'm a huge "Trade Ross" guy. I don't like him as a SF, never will.

A few other SF's were up on the market too. Also, look at all the PG's that were dealt. GV could've gone for a better defender no problem if teams really wanted a playmaker.

Not to mention guys that can be a backup C instead of Steamer.

WE had options. WE didn't use them. WE had a chance to be a true contender this year. Now we'll be lucky to make the 2nd round.
                            You're vastly overexaggerating the situation.

GV for better defender? Who says anyone wanted that? And then what about our backup PG, where we'd have nothing?

Backup Cs? What kind of cost does that go for? Who was moved? Kendrick Perkins?

You're just living in a fantasy man. I'm sure Masai made calls about move that could actually help add to our core. Probably either too expensive to make those moves or ideal targets just weren't available, and so he stood pat. Chill the fuck out.

**I mean you're clearly alluding to the possibility of a Ross for Deng swap...why the fuck would Miami have any interest in that? They're trying to be good, not blow it up.
                            Option A: Trade away your starting SF who's a legit starter and good player in this league for an underachieving low-motor youngster SG...
                            Option B: Trade mostly spare parts for a very good starting PG in this league in Dragic (who you already know is interested in signing long-term) to add to your starting lineup.
                            Why in the name of all that is good and holy would they take option A?

**Sorry if this seems aggressive, but I seriously don't want to put up with people losing their shit about us not making a move when we're a great team with lots of youth and flexibility.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Feb 19, 2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

WE had a chance to be a true contender this year.
                              Easy now Cody..

Comment

Working...
                              X