No announcement yet.

Which trade was the most lopsided?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain to me why in the world Philly would ever think about trading MCW for the protected Lakers pick? This seems so extremely bizarre I wouldn't be surprised if the League disallowed it. If the pick were unprotected, it'd look more reasonable, but MCW is a legit NBA player who will develop into more than the inefficient chucker he's been recently labeled. And, his defense is very good. I wish Masai had offered Philly something better just to get MCW as a tradeable asset, or a future backup to facilitate a Vazquez trade.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Blatche
      Or T. Rob
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
        Can someone explain to me why in the world Philly would ever think about trading MCW for the protected Lakers pick? This seems so extremely bizarre I wouldn't be surprised if the League disallowed it. If the pick were unprotected, it'd look more reasonable, but MCW is a legit NBA player who will develop into more than the inefficient chucker he's been recently labeled. And, his defense is very good. I wish Masai had offered Philly something better just to get MCW as a tradeable asset, or a future backup to facilitate a Vazquez trade.
        Part of the answer may lie in the fact that Hinkie is not just a disciple of but is schooled in statistics/analytics/business at a pretty high level. His scholastic/university (incl Stanford) bkgrnd is outstanding. The 76ers are probably the biggest test case for the analytics era re talent evaluation & GMing and it shall be interesting to see how that team will pan out in say 3-4 years.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          it shall be interesting to see how that team will pan out in say 3-4 years.
          Here is my answer to that question, posted a few days ago. For the record, I am impressed that Carter-Williams apparently told management he wanted out:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...110#post433110

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Or T. Rob
            T. Rob #FuckBrooklyn bound

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
              Here is my answer to that question, posted a few days ago. For the record, I am impressed that Carter-Williams apparently told management he wanted out:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...110#post433110
              Must not have been easy for him.

They have been shopping him ever since last year.

Remember at the draft when the Sixers took Payton with all the trade rumours circling MCW and then ESPN interviews him and is like, "So what do you think about a PG being drafted?" He was a deer in the headlights. Of course, they then traded Payton for Saric.

Comment

Incredibly, Phoenix is planning to waive Kendall Marshall for the second time. If they did not want him, why trade for him? He just had successful surgery on his right ACL on February 4. Talk about kicking a man when he is down. I guess Jason Kidd really is a ruthless SOB.

So the question becomes, who will pick up Marshall's contract off the waiver wires this time? The L. A. Lakers wanted him back, but I am sure Toronto would make a nice place for him to recover and develop his game next season. The question is whether the Toronto front office is willing or able to waive anyone, and the answer is probably no. Marshall is a special talent in this league, an old-school whiz at passing the basketball.
                I read that Milwaukee really didn't want to trade Marshall but had little choice in making the trade work.

Not sure if there is any truth to that.

Comment

Do you or D. Hackett have any idea where Marshall stands now? Does he go through waivers again? I have seen nothing in the press, and really feel bad for the guy. He was basically kicked to the curb with a broken leg.

Comment

Incredibly, Phoenix is planning to waive Kendall Marshall for the second time. If they did not want him, why trade for him? He just had successful surgery on his right ACL on February 4. Talk about kicking a man when he is down. I guess Jason Kidd really is a ruthless SOB.
                    Kidd may be a ruthless SOB, but it was Hammond, the GM, who traded Marshall.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Do you or D. Hackett have any idea where Marshall stands now? Does he go through waivers again? I have seen nothing in the press, and really feel bad for the guy. He was basically kicked to the curb with a broken leg.
                      Yeah, he goes through waivers again.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Kidd may be a ruthless SOB, but it was Hammond, the GM, who traded Marshall.
                        Sure, but do you really think he did it without consulting the head coach?

Comment

Funny how we want players to be loyal when Free Agent time comes but at trading deadline day ... GM's are playing monopoly
                          with their players ...

Comment

Working...
                          X