• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Markquis Nowell

The New Midget !
    5’8” 160lbs
    23 years old
    Kansas State Wildcats

It’s not every day that a 5-8 player would have a shot at the NBA but Nowell is a special talent who can control the game from the point guard position. He’s a great passer, a talented 3pt shooter with deep range plus he’s got blow-by speed.
    It’s not every day that a 5-8 player would have a shot at the NBA but Nowell is a special talent who can control the game from the point guard position. He’s a great passer, a talented 3pt shooter with deep range plus he’s got blow-by speed.

Must have missed the news on this signing. Is he a camp invite or did he get a deal already?

Looks a lot like Fred. Feels like they got a contingency in case Fred leaves. Plays a lot like him, and will have similar weaknesses.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Must have missed the news on this signing. Is he a camp invite or did he get a deal already?

Looks a lot like Fred. Feels like they got a contingency in case Fred leaves. Plays a lot like him, and will have similar weaknesses.

Comment

Comment

Nowell also emerged as one of the leaders of the athletic testing portion. He registered a 39-inch max vertical jump, which ranked second-highest among all players, and a 32-inch no-step vertical jump. He also clocked in at 10.07 seconds in the pro lane drill, the fastest time of any player.
          https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/l...rkquis-nowell/

Comment

He's a lot more Athletic than Fred.

Comment

"Blow-by speed" and Fred Van Vleet never mentioned in the same breath....unless it was all the players that blew by him.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Man I get you want Fred gone but between you and few of the other posters it's getting annoying AF. You don't have to fit Fred into every post. Let the hate go and keep this site enjoyable.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Man I get you want Fred gone but between you and few of the other posters it's getting annoying AF. You don't have to fit Fred into every post. Let the hate go and keep this site enjoyable.
                  I know what you're saying; I don't hate Fred, just really think it's time to move on and try something different than last year. I just don't think adding Jak for a full season moves the bar enough.

But Primer was literally responding where Planetmars said
                  "Looks a lot like Fred. Feels like they got a contingency in case Fred leaves. Plays a lot like him, and will have similar weaknesses."

And Skywalker had just followed that up quote a piece talking all about his athleticism....

Comment

G____Deane wrote: View Post

I know what you're saying; I don't hate Fred, just really think it's time to move on and try something different than last year. I just don't think adding Jak for a full season moves the bar enough.

But Primer was literally responding where Planetmars said
                    "Looks a lot like Fred. Feels like they got a contingency in case Fred leaves. Plays a lot like him, and will have similar weaknesses."

And Skywalker had just followed that up quote a piece talking all about his athleticism....
                    Well my bad then Primer. Just getting less and less enjoyable with every post that seems less about basketball and more about dislike by the passing day.

Comment

What's the best case outcome for Markquis? Microwave scorer off the bench and pesky defender like Alvarado?

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

I read some of the scouting reports that Markquis strength is the PnR, probably better than VanVleet.

Definitely due to a very low vantage, way lower than VanVleet (who always have difficulties) may not translate against NBA bodies.

He will probably grace the 905 developmental league first even before he can move up the Raptors food chain.

Overall, he is a WAY WAY cheaper and younger alternative under a known developmental coach Darko.

Comment

I was a huge Muggsy Bogues fan as a kid in his stint with the Raps so this guy is giving me good feels. Love this signing, outside the box thinking. Should be fun to follow at summer league and with the 905 and fascinating to see how viable he is in the big leagues if he gets a shot.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He was electric in the tourney, it will be fun to see how does at the pro level.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Sorry not sorry.

He's a tiny PG we just added to the team, it's pretty damn logical to compare him to Fred.

Comment

Working...
                              X