X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    I just can't remember ever seeing a set of guards so inept at passing the ball into the post. Regardless of what position JV or Amir establish, the pass always drags them 3,4, 5 feet further out. This is fundamental, basic basketball stuff and we can't execute it.
    Bang on.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    big boi wrote: View Post
    Yeah, that's just it. That's why sometimes I wonder what DC is telling them. I tend to focus on JV inside, but Amir is a very high percentage guy inside too. How do they not realize those are better shots than heavily contested outside shots. I'll take a contested shot from <6 feet than one from 24 feet unless we have Steph curry, Lebron or Durant jacking them up.

They went in to JV once to start the second half. Nice short turn around jumper. Bucket. Went in again. Post pass wasn't good, meant JV had to give up position to grab ball further out. Tries to dribble ball in, stripped, didn't get passed to again. Like any time he doesn't score, seems like they don't go back to him, yet the perimeter guys can just Jack up hurendous brick after hurendous brick. Very Frustrating.
    I just can't remember ever seeing a set of guards so inept at passing the ball into the post. Regardless of what position JV or Amir establish, the pass always drags them 3,4, 5 feet further out. This is fundamental, basic basketball stuff and we can't execute it.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    So why don't our guards pass to the bigs at all?

Lowry/DD tried to split the P'n'R multiple times and lost the ball nearly every single time
    Yeah, that's just it. That's why sometimes I wonder what DC is telling them. I tend to focus on JV inside, but Amir is a very high percentage guy inside too. How do they not realize those are better shots than heavily contested outside shots. I'll take a contested shot from <6 feet than one from 24 feet unless we have Steph curry, Lebron or Durant jacking them up.

They went in to JV once to start the second half. Nice short turn around jumper. Bucket. Went in again. Post pass wasn't good, meant JV had to give up position to grab ball further out. Tries to dribble ball in, stripped, didn't get passed to again. Like any time he doesn't score, seems like they don't go back to him, yet the perimeter guys can just Jack up hurendous brick after hurendous brick. Very Frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Let him walk. Toronto needs an actual offense not a hero
    Yes, I think Tina Turner said it best: 'We don't need another hero'

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    DDelight wrote: View Post
    Raptors have been playing well for 4 games straight. They weren't going to beat everyone going forward. But this game has nothing to do with Raptors cockiness, it's pretty obvious Houston's defense has been stifling. Beverley and Brewer have been pesky all game.

Raptors will bounce back against New Orleans. Anthony Davis and Ryan Anderson left early tonight so who knows if they'll play Monday
    No, it's not just that. They reverted to playing shitty offensive basketball... ISO hero ball. When frustrated that became their default. This team will be alright when they play the right way every game. Not one game at a time, not when everything is going well, but every game.

They also did not match Houston's toughness. They got frustrated and complained a lot. Do I think they got screwed by the refs / that a lot of Houston fouling was passed off as stifling D? Yes. But you have to play through it. And they've got about a third of the season to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Casey dropped the ball on that one. What do you guys think? Lost the room again? I'm pretty sure he would have said keep turnovers down but they ignored him. Seems like they are blocking him out. Hopefully Casey can get some nice time in with the boys and run more of his anti-turnover sets and fix this problem that has been festering. I can't remember a game this year where they didn't turnover the ball once but now the problem has become severe.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    One of those nights i guess. But the thing is:

1. Lowry contrinues to struggle w/ his shot. He's been stuggling shooting the ball since before he was named an all-star. His decision making has been brutal too. What's up with all the homerun three's/passes?

2. DeRozan needs to calm down with the long 2's. Attack the rim when your shot is not falling. And i've been saying this for a while, he needs to operate more in the post.

3. Lou Williams might just be the 3rd most important player on this team behind Lowry and DeRozan.

4. JV's post up game is hilarious.

5. Terrence "The Raptors future SG" Ross. What else is there to say? lol. Did the Monstars took his basketball talent or something? this is just embarassing the way he's playing right now. This is a game where he needed to step up w/ Lou out. But just like all year he played like garbage. I honestly would rather see Landry Fields out there than Ross. At least w/ Fields you know what you're going to get. He's going to play HARD on both ends of the floor. Can't say the same thing about Ross.
    Hilarious or not, he still managed to put up 11 points on 5 shots, while being a complete afterthought all night. The moment the other players on the floor realize that he's a good option on offence and share the ball with him more, this team becomes stronger.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    One of those nights i guess. But the thing is:

1. Lowry contrinues to struggle w/ his shot. He's been stuggling shooting the ball since before he was named an all-star. His decision making has been brutal too. What's up with all the homerun three's/passes?

2. DeRozan needs to calm down with the long 2's. Attack the rim when your shot is not falling. And i've been saying this for a while, he needs to operate more in the post.

3. Lou Williams might just be the 3rd most important player on this team behind Lowry and DeRozan.

4. JV's post up game is hilarious.

5. Terrence "The Raptors future SG" Ross. What else is there to say? lol. Did the Monstars took his basketball talent or something? this is just embarassing the way he's playing right now. This is a game where he needed to step up w/ Lou out. But just like all year he played like garbage. I honestly would rather see Landry Fields out there than Ross. At least w/ Fields you know what you're going to get. He's going to play HARD on both ends of the floor. Can't say the same thing about Ross.
    Last edited by The Great One; Sun Feb 22, 2015, 04:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    One day on top of the world, the next day, just some schmucks in a turnover factory.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    We made 25 Fields Goals but had 25 Turnovers........
    That's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    I also find we just have too many games where multiple guys on our team play bad offensively. Obviously when that happens we are going to get blown out

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    Didn't watch the game but knowing how inconsistent we are I am not shocked we layed an egg. We need to stop getting blown out though. It completely takes away from all the good we did last night
    We made 25 Fields Goals but had 25 Turnovers........

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Didn't watch the game but knowing how inconsistent we are I am not shocked we layed an egg. We need to stop getting blown out though. It completely takes away from all the good we did last night

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    Zainab wrote: View Post
    We are one of the most inconsistent and unreliable teams.

One day we'll take out the defending champs and then the next day we'll get totally schooled.
    as my momma says

raptors are just very lucky

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    I hope 1 day some NBA player just beats the living shit outta Beverly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X