Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Sanders?

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/02/21/b...ase/index.html

Larry Sanders is likely gonna be waived and released...he's already said he wont be playing this season but could he be a high risk, high reward players to pick up next season to backup JV with starting PF potential. His "drug" issues are all weed related which as we all know..isn't they worst drug issue to have...he's just an idiot for risking a NBA career for weed. He's def someone to think about...

Larry Sanders would be a decent backup C but his contract is huge and I see him signing with a team who will use him as their starting C

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      Larry Sanders would be a decent backup C but his contract is huge and I see him signing with a team who will use him as their starting C
      What contract? If he gets waived he'll get paid the remaining amount by Milwaukee not whatever team he goes to after.

Comment

Dude is dealing with some personal problems.

Not interested in the NBA at this moment per Woj

Comment

I'd be totally fine with Masai having a chat with him. I think Masai has shown to be a pretty good judge of when someone's got some fixable personal issues, and knows the importance of surrounding someone with the right environment to make them succeed. Either Masai comes away from the chat thinking 'this dude is insane,' or thinking, 'yeah, I can Jedi-mind trick this guy into being a solid NBA player again'.

Comment

yea I think Masai is a good judge of character...Sanders needs the rest of this season to get his shit together and needs a fresh start but he's only 26, he's a real good talent that pending a Masai stamp of approval could be a great add

Comment

The "mental health" tag is a red flag now for most teams. The Bucks are the perfect example with their approach, "we'll keep signing the cheques now you just go away before anything more unpleasant happens."

Comment

Mental health is just as essential as physical health and is a serious issue. Remember how Ron Artest/Metta World Peace/Panda's Friend publicly thanked his psychiatrist when he won the championship? I hope he gets his mind straight and just pursue a direction that he wants to go to: whether it's to sign and start fresh with a new team, or call it quits and do something else more worthwhile.

He was a beast rim protector, and 2 years ago he was dubbed as the Ibaka of the east. He and JV can be a scary frontcourt.

Comment

Decent body to have. Not worth the risk IMO. There aren't much leaders on the Raps. Chuck Hayes and Maybe Kyle. There won't be anyone to pull him in if he derails.

Comment

If there is anyone (other than Bucks mgmt) it maybe Weltman asst gm of the Raptors who could have a good insight into what Sanders' problems are. I believe he was with the Bucks when Sanders was drafted. Clearly he has some to have fet more than 20 mill. on the table with his buyout.

Here is an excerpt of his thoughts....

"What is true is I'm in the process of trying to do what's best for my psyche and my physical health," Sanders told reporters in Milwaukee after the game. "I'm trying to get to the root of a lot of issues and get them corrected. Without getting them corrected, I don't think basketball is something I could do."

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...g-with-issues/
                    Last edited by Bendit; Sun Feb 22, 2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Sanders could be a steal if he gets his shit together. Having him off the bench would be a lethal for opposing benches

Comment

Those kinds of head problems need to stay away from this team

Comment

Working...
                        X