Game #56: Toronto Raptors 97 - New Orleans Pelicans 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Just watched the game again, our guards are only out there to get there's!

Bunch of selfish egotistical pricks
    GV shouldn't be allowed to touch the ball. Far too many 3point jacks with loads of time left on the shot clock.

DD and KL seem far too busy trying to score to actually pay attention to what the defence or their teammates are doing. No court vision at all.

No ball movement. No player movement. No real chance to advance in the playoffs.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      I feel like since they believe the team is "unselfish" that gives them more room to do what they want to do. "Oh, we're unselfish? I guess my teammates won't mind if I PULL UP WITH MY FOOT ON THE 3 POINT LINE AND JACK UP A SHOT WITH 22 SECONDS LEFT ON THE SHOT CLOCK"
      Meanwhile Jonas, who had just managed to sprint as far as the top of the key on his way to the rim, takes a deep breath, does a 180 pivot, and runs back to the defensive end.

Jokes aside, the only interesting part of this weird offense is that the lower turnovers seem to compensate for some of the missed shots. The Raps have the third best turnover differential in the league, behind only Memphis and Dallas. Dallas, however, does it while being 8th in assists and Memphis is 10th. The Raps are 20th. Clearly "not passing" is not the only way to reduce your turnovers.

Dallas converts their good ball handling into +2.4 FGM per game (3rd best in league), Memphis into +2.2 (5th best), and the Raps into +0.5 (10th best).
      Last edited by S.R.; Tue Feb 24, 2015, 12:05 PM.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I didn't have the opportunity to watch the full game, sort of just in and out while doing other stuff, but two things I did see which I'm guessing were a huge part of this loss were:

1. Vasquez trying force his 3 point stroke to get hot. There were at least two posessions in short time frame where he jacked up a really bad 3 point attempt without anybody in position to get the rebound and just out of the flow of the offense.

2. DeMar taking a fade away jumper from the low block while spinning towards the baseline. He didn't event try to take it to the rim, and it seemed like he kept taking that same predictable shot everytime I was I was able to tune in...and it wasn't going in.

I know I heard one of the commentators say that Casey was furious after Vasquez took one of the really bad 3 point shots, so I'm guessing he wasn't pleased that DeMar was playing like a complete vagina and avoiding driving to the hoop.

Where's Oakley when you need to throttle a bitch? That's something every team needs to keep the guys in the locker room in line.

Comment

• I just like were back to playing D. That's the most important thing that needed to be shored up before the playoffs.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I just like were back to playing D. That's the most important thing that needed to be shored up before the playoffs.
            the D collapsed in the 4th.

Comment

• We need to move the ball more. It's been effective for us.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                the D collapsed in the 4th.
                As a whole were playing better D. First time we've allowed 100 points since February 6th.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I just like were back to playing D. That's the most important thing that needed to be shored up before the playoffs.
                  The Raptors blew another big lead (18 points) and lost to a barely .500 team missing their far and away best player (Davis), a starter (Holiday), and a 30mpg bench player (Anderson).

I've seen the Raps play the kind of defense that would give me confidence about the playoffs. I haven't seen them play it consistently enough or show any ability to turn it on when needed most. Right now I have zero confidence about the playoffs.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    the D collapsed in the 4th. after they subbed out JV
                    *fixed it

Comment

• Dude becoming serious rim protector.

Comment

• Absolutely no discipline in the 4th (guards we are looking at you)...but I suppose that happens because there is no off. system to follow or player floor leader.

That was a game, though badly played, was winnable after such a large lead and a depleted opponent. The system or lack of let it down. And this is will be the achilles heel in the playoffs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          And i'm one of JV's biggest crticis in this board but i thought he played well tonight. Where was he late in the game??

Amir Johnson played like CRAP tonight. 6 rebounds in 35mins. He was pretty bad defensively too. He was getting destroyed inside by a much bigger Ajinca. And oh his SOFT turnover late in the game was a killer.

JV was probably gassed. He could have played the last 2 mins though, probably. The problem is Casey played him for 16 straight minutes from the start of the 3rd Q. His minutes were mismanaged but that is normal because Casey likely thought he wouldnt be playing JV to close the game out anyway.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Absolutely no discipline in the 4th (guards we are looking at you)...but I suppose that happens because there is no off. system to follow or player floor leader.

That was a game, though badly played, was winnable after such a large lead and a depleted opponent. The system or lack of let it down. And this is will be the achilles heel in the playoffs.
                            Yup. We've been talking about the same issues since November. Our shot-selection is horrendous, and Casey's rotations are just as ugly. Way may be "favourites" in our 1st round matchup, but we'll be hard pressed to advance no matter who we matchup against.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Yup. We've been talking about the same issues since November. Our shot-selection is horrendous, and Casey's rotations are just as ugly. Way may be "favourites" in our 1st round matchup, but we'll be hard pressed to advance no matter who we matchup against.
                              It's at the point now for me where I am "suspicious" of the team's wins. There are going to have to be a few where team cohesion/passing, diminished iso, less 3s and proper use of the bigs are noticeable. If ever there was a coaching moment in the game last night was when GV went completely off the rails on inadvised 3s in the 4th very early in the shot clock and in quick succession. Casey should have called time (as soon as he could) and replaced him....would have sent a loud message.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Just watched the game again, our guards are only out there to get there's!

Bunch of selfish egotistical pricks
                                There is no team in I. DC needs to take them to the woodshed. This has the feel of VC prior to his trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X