Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolstat calling out the coaching staff

Agreed on everyting he said.

- Lowry's shot selection and decision making since the Portland game has been BRUTAL. Someone needs to call this guy out.

- DeRozan needs to calm down with the mid range fade away shot. Its an incredibly difficult shot to make. Since i started watching basketball, there are only 2 guys that makes those shots consistenly. Jordan and Kobe.

- JV played the first 18 mins of the 2nd half. Casey's excuse why he didn't play late in the game was: "he was gassed" of course he was gassed. You played him for 18 straight mins you idiot.

- Amir Johnson played like crap last night. 6 rebs in 35 mins. Ajinca and co. shot 10/13 against him. More JV and PP late in the game. Less Amir.

Mamba Mentality

Can't really disagree with anything said.

Comment

He's right.

We need 2Pat to start, JV needs steady minutes, and Casey needs to fucking call out all our guards.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        He's right.

We need 2Pat to start, JV needs steady minutes, and Casey needs to fucking call out all our guards.
        I love Amir to death, but he's wearing down before our eyes. It's not just the occassional rolled ankle anymore - the injuries have piled up, he's been in the League a long time, and his consistency is not going to get any better. The future forwards on the current roster are JV, PP, and JJ. I'd like to see these guys roles increasing already (more than they currently are) and a reduction in Amir's minutes to whatever it takes to keep the guy healthy. His minutes are down a bit to 26.7 but I'd like to see him cut back to 20 mpg and playing at 100% - he'd help the team more than playing his current minutes at 75%.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

So is Casey blind? Why would he want Amir is there?

Ajinca was destroying him at will! But when JV was in there the defense was a lot better.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            He's right.

LOL What bet did you lose?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              So is Casey blind? Why would he want Amir is there?

Ajinca was destroying him at will! But when JV was in there the defense was a lot better.
              Because Amir is consistently our best Low post defender .. guess he figures it would only get worse to sub-Amir out.

Comment

Lowry resigned mainly based on the condition that he will be the leader of this team. Add that to his all-star selection and Lowry hero ball is going to be a recurring theme from now on.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

good on Wolstat. i usually find him kind of douchey but he hit it on the nose.

props to Koreen for asking Casey about JV last night in the presser too. hilarious that he brought up tyson out of nowhere. his man crush is ridiculous.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Because Amir is consistently our best Low post defender .. guess he figures it would only get worse to sub-Amir out.
                    I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Amir is not consistently our best low post defender. Not anymore. He doesn't have the strength to push back, and it's just getting worse with his ankles deteriorating because he can't properly leverage the weight he does have to help make up for his thin frame. And if he's up against a C, he usually gives up length as well (Ajinca was just shooting over him and grabbing rebounds overtop his head). It's hurting his rebounding too, as he lacks both spring, and similarly to D, the stability in his feet to body up and box out properly.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Amir is not consistently our best low post defender. Not anymore. He doesn't have the strength to push back, and it's just getting worse with his ankles deteriorating because he can't properly leverage the weight he does have to help make up for his thin frame. And if he's up against a C, he usually gives up length as well (Ajinca was just shooting over him and grabbing rebounds overtop his head). It's hurting his rebounding too, as he lacks both spring, and similarly to D, the stability in his feet to body up and box out properly.
                      Sorry, It was total sarcasm. Lol Shoulda added this guy to the end "".

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        Sorry, It was total sarcasm. Lol Shoulda added this guy to the end "".
                        Or used the hideous joke font that's going around these days...

Comment

Amir Johnson at this point of his career is more of a backup player.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Instead of forcing, if they’d just slow it down and make better decisions (like keeping Valanciunas involved) the Raptors would be a lot more threatening and it would be far easier to see them as a legitimate contender to make the Eastern Conference Finals or at least win a round and nearly take another. Right now, that seems like wishful thinking. Masai Ujiri gets this. It’s why he didn’t make a small move and it is why huge changes are coming the next two summers as he puts his stamp on a team that is still heavily-dominated by Bryan Colangelo acquisitions.

This is what I am looking for.... in particular the bold.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Amir Johnson at this point of his career is more of a backup player.
                              Some would say he always has been. He starts because he's a good enough role player to do so and be effective. Lots of people would probably ideally want him as the 3rd big though. The way his physical issues are affecting his game though, even that seems like a role he might not be able to fill much longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X