No announcement yet.

Raptors Collapse Continues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooooww....the McDonalds team members going at each other on this forum.

Oh boy, now I've seen everything - even McDonalds can't cheer us up atm :-( noooooooo!

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
      Lets just agree to disagree on this. I will finish my comment by saying MU has had plenty of assets and time to make the changes he wanted. He was not put in a team with no draft pick, or no cap space or no young talent.
      He had the means, the assets, the tools to make his changes but choose in purpose to stay with this group.

I do think MU believes in these guys and in his coach and thinks he has the foundations in place and just needs to make the last move of brining one more All Star to T.O.

But again, we can agree to disagree on this.
      We have everything short of actual emails and recorded phone conversations proving that Lowry was on his way to New York. In other words, this team was being torn apart. If I was running this site, disregarding this fact would be ban-worthy, but hey, I'm not.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

Oh boy, now I've seen everything - even McDonalds can't cheer us up atm :-( noooooooo!
        That's the McFallout of this giant McSlide our Raps are on The main culprit seems to be the McCoach.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          That's the McFallout of this giant McSlide our Raps are on The main culprit seems to be the McCoach.
          That and McRoss.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Spurs lost to Utah the other night. Blow it up. Yes, this sounds ridiculous but so does everyone fretting about losing a fourth game in five nights to a Western powerhouse. Let this team grow.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              13-12 in last 25. 1-3 in last 4. A head coach who is unwilling or unable to adjust and lacks the balls to call out KL and DD when they are hurting the team. What gives? I don't want to go all GLF BUT .....we are imploding before our very eyes. The experts were right that the fast start was just an aberration due to the soft schedule.

Could we possibly not make 50 wins??? If any poster has the ears of DC or MU I strongly encourage you to call a team meeting where these issues can be vetted in the presence of DC. If the implosion continues what direction do we need to look towards for next season? It may not yet be a fait accompli that we are going to fade into the night this season but it looks more and more probable.

The fans of Toronto deserve better.
              The season is made of all the games. You can't look at an easy stretch and say we're unbeatable. You can't look at a tough stretch and say we're terrible. At the end of the season you can judge on the wins that are there. Yes, we are 1-3. Wasn't it just a week ago that we were 4-0 in the first half of what was expected to be a brutal stretch? Different team? Now, if we lose to the Knicks and Sixers next week, come back and we'll talk again.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

Hahahahah, no one is fighting. I think we are all mature enough to disagree on some topic and just express our views.

Comment

This thread is a massive exaggeration. The schedule has been much tougher the last 25 games than it was previously. The last 4 games were all on the road against above .500 competition, and there were 3 of these games in 4 days. Anyone think we lose last night's game is the teams are on even playing ground?

A .500 record is not an appropriate reflection because this team has never played like a .500 team, maybe with the exception of the stretch after the Portland game. The last 25% of the season, part of this "collapse", the Raptors have been +2.5 ppg against competition with an average winning percentage of .540. They've been consistently a top 4 team in the East all year, not a 7th place team.

Take it easy, everyone. This is still a second round team (barring a horrific 1st round matchup), with solid potential to make the Eastern finals, and an outside (~15%) chance at the NBA finals. That hasn't changed all year.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    The season is made of all the games. You can't look at an easy stretch and say we're unbeatable. You can't look at a tough stretch and say we're terrible. At the end of the season you can judge on the wins that are there. Yes, we are 1-3. Wasn't it just a week ago that we were 4-0 in the first half of what was expected to be a brutal stretch? Different team? Now, if we lose to the Knicks and Sixers next week, come back and we'll talk again.
                    The current slide has been setting in for months. The drop off from a top 10 defense to a bottom third defense goes back to last season. The offense falling off goes back to December. It's a trend that's gaining steam - the guards' FGA attempts are going up, FG% are going down, and AST numbers are down. Several guards are reaching career lows/highs in these. The last thing anybody who's been watching for the past 1.5 years can say is "this is a blip on the radar" or "you gotta take the good with the bad." Oh wait, "those are shots we usually make" is actually the official word until further notice, isn't it?
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      The current slide has been setting in for months. The drop off from a top 10 defense to a bottom third defense goes back to last season. The offense falling off goes back to December. It's a trend that's gaining steam - the guards' FGA attempts are going up, FG% are going down, and AST numbers are down. Several guards are reaching career lows/highs in these. The last thing anybody who's been watching for the past 1.5 years can say is "this is a blip on the radar" or "you gotta take the good with the bad." Oh wait, "those are shots we usually make" is actually the official word until further notice, isn't it?
                      In addition to that, many posters were pointing out the red flags during the early season wins as well. Winning against dreadfully bad teams while playing bad basketball may help in the win column, but it doesn't automatically mean that the team is playing well or that the team is a contender.

One of the most ironic things I've observed all season occurred while listening to Leo during the most recent win against Atlanta. The Hawks were ice cold shooting, including Korver, but they kept going to their 3pt shot. Leo kept saying throughout the 2nd half that Atlanta was shooting themselves out of the game, despite the fact the they were mostly wide open looks that came as a result of their fantastic ball movement. However, when Toronto shoots themselves out of games by resorting to hero ball, ISO plays, forced shots and early pull-up 3pt shots, Leo uses the "those are shots we usually make" refrain. Such hypocritical announcing, especially when looking at how the shots were manufactured and the quality of the attempts.

The Raps live and die with the 3pt shot and resort to hero ball, to let the 'star' players bail them out when things are going tough. The ironic thing is that given the talent on the roster, there's really no reason why this has to be the case. Lowry can be a leader and facilitator. DeRozan can get his points within the flow of the offense and use the defensive attention he draws to generate open looks for his teammates. Vasquez can be a fantastic pass-first PG. The bigs can score on the inside consistently. There's one constant that is preventing all this from happening, and he has his own #thread.
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Feb 25, 2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        In addition to that, many posters were pointing out the red flags during the early season wins as well. Winning against dreadfully bad teams while playing bad basketball may help in the win column, but it doesn't automatically mean that the team is playing well or that the team is a contender.

One of the most ironic things I've observed all season occurred while listening to Leo during the most recent win against Atlanta. The Hawks were ice cold shooting, including Korver, but they kept going to their 3pt shot. Leo kept saying throughout the 2nd half that Atlanta was shooting themselves out of the game, despite the fact the they were mostly wide open looks that came as a result of their fantastic ball movement. However, when Toronto shoots themselves out of games by resorting to hero ball, ISO plays, forced shots and early pull-up 3pt shots, Leo uses the "those are shots we usually make" refrain. Such hypocritical announcing, especially when looking at how the shots were manufactured and the quality of the attempts.

The Raps live and die with the 3pt shot and resort to hero ball, to let the 'star' players bail them out when things are going tough. The ironic thing is that given the talent on the roster, there's really no reason why this has to be the case. Lowry can be a leader and facilitator. DeRozan can get his points within the flow of the offense and use the defensive attention he draws to generate open looks for his teammates. Vasquez can be a fantastic pass-first PG. The bigs can score on the inside consistently. There's one constant that is preventing all this from happening, and he has his own #thread.
                        You forgot to pound the rock
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Lot of chicken littles in this thread.

I am all on board, and right at the front, for firing Casey because he's a bad coach, but are we really questioning MU already? He's put together one of the strongest teams in Raptors history with only minor moves and financially smart deals. He was able to make a premiere FA stay and the Raptors have huge buzz league wide, in the media and within the players seemingly.........and yes a big part of that is Drake but still...

Also let's not throw Lowry under the bus cause he's getting a bit too selfish these days, he's still the best player on the team and the engine that makes it run.

Comment

There's no doubt in my mind that the announcers are under instructions from Bell/Rogers to treat team strategy with kid gloves.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I think for better or worse, this team was what it was in November. I lean towards improvements being needed in personnel, others say change the coach and system. What matters is we all agree the Raptors have a competitive team, which is rare, but they aren't ready to be an Championship contender without changes being made.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                                I think for better or worse, this team was what it was in November. I lean towards improvements being needed in personnel, others say change the coach and system. What matters is we all agree the Raptors have a competitive team, which is rare, but they aren't ready to be an Championship contender without changes being made.
                                Coach Casey said you cannot win a championship without pounding the rock.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X