No announcement yet.

Raptors Collapse Continues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandwagon fans can leave now. Go watch the Leafs tank for Connor McDavid.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      The bold is interesting.

So many fans laid blame on Bargnani for good reason and just cause.
      Then fans laid blame on Gay and he has subsequently become a scape goat.
      But we're seeing the same things with DeRozan and now Lowry.

What is the one constant throughout all of this?

Dwayne. Casey.

Comment

Meh. I wouldn't it collapse. Talk about overreaction lol. The Rockets are a better team than the Raps. Mavs are a better team than the Raps. Its not about the result that frustrates me( i expected the Raps to lose both those games) its the play of Lowry and DeRozan. Shot selection needs to be better. And what's up with all the turnoevers?

The Pelicans game, Raps should've won that game. But again the shot selection was brutal. Once they got up 18pt they just took a bunch of dumb shots. Again, main culprit: Lowry and DeRozan. Dumb turnovers killed them in that game too.
        Last edited by The Great One; Wed Feb 25, 2015, 07:41 PM.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

So after reading the input on this thread those who are in agreement with the Raptors Collapse Continues" could be seen as a group who believes this team as currently constructed and coached is only worthy of being followed if it goes 82 up and 0 down.

Well its never going to perfect . Ever. Its sports. All kinds of crazy shit happens in the span of a week. Who would have thought that both Chris Bosh and Derrick Rose would go down 5 days apart ? No one. Anyone predict the Hawks higher than 4th ?
          This season is unique as are all seasons. There is no dominant "you guys can eat my shit team" in the East. If your waiting for the Raps to become the 1995 Bulls team, don't. They are what they are. A pretty good perimeter jump shooting team that can play good defense in spurts and with a little luck and being able to avoid the inury bug can make their way to the 3rd round.

Toronto sports has been a wasteland for a decade or two. These guys are bucking the trend. They work their asses off and are likeable group. They are not perfect. They have weak links. The coach is not all knowing. So what ?
          This season is the best ride in Toronto sports since the 92-93 Leafs who got to within a game of the Cup Finals. Enjoy this season for what it is. Our team making noise on the way to the playoffs.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

seriously, lets not act like any of us expected us to be #2 in the east at the start of the season...our expectation was to finish in the top 5 and make it out the 1st round...now we're talking about being disappointed if we don't make the East Finals...we have flaws- too much ISO play...too reliant on the 3...not enough ball movement...poor shot selection...and the D needs to improve...the coaching needs to get better...but we're 37-20 & #2 in the East! I would have loved to seen Ross traded at the deadline for a piece that helps us and I would love another coach but i've been a raptors fan long enough to know when to shut up, sit back and enjoy the ride..

Comment

Too much instant gratification and short term thinking by some here.

East is weak, but 2 of the 4 best teams in the NBA are East teams, Hawks and Cavs. ECF finals for Raps are unrealistic.

Numerous fundamental flaws with the team as currently constructed.

Casey may be part of the problem, but not the biggest part.

Too much cap space tied up in players that either don't see the floor for good reason or should be paid vet minimum. Waiting for the offseason will take care of most of these issues.

4 of last years starters have regressed to some extent. This is the worrisome part, although one, Amir, is also an expiring and may well be upgraded, and one, Ross, is no longer a starter.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Too much instant gratification and short term thinking by some here.

East is weak, but 2 of the 4 best teams in the NBA are East teams, Hawks and Cavs. ECF finals for Raps are unrealistic.

Numerous fundamental flaws with the team as currently constructed.

Casey may be part of the problem, but not the biggest part.

Too much cap space tied up in players that either don't see the floor for good reason or should be paid vet minimum. Waiting for the offseason will take care of most of these issues.

4 of last years starters have regressed to some extent. This is the worrisome part, although one, Amir, is also an expiring and may well be upgraded, and one, Ross, is no longer a starter.
                So specifically why not the Raps getting to the ECF ?

We have beat the Hawks 3 out of 4 times. We beat them on the road twice.

The Cavs suck on defense at times just like we do. Do you really think of Mozgov or Love as defensive stoppers in the paint ? Really ? Irving is injury prone. Lebron as good as he is can't beat everyone by himself. AND that locker room isn't all that united with Lebron kicking Love in the ass all the time.

We simply own the Wiz. We do. I am not just saying it . No real reason for it but we have lost to them ..what 2 or 3 times over the last three years ? And while most of the whiners and bitchers here think Dwane is fool the Whiz trot out Randy Wittman.

The Bulls have just lost Rose for an extended period of time. Even if he is back in time for the PO you can't reasonably think he will not be worried about that knee and he will be out of game shape. Jimmy Butler is showing signs of having to play 42 minutes a night. That no miss jumper is showing signs of "brick-dom". Noah is hurt. He is not the same guy since his knee surgery. Pau Gasol is 34 years old. The Bulls are not without their holes either.

We have our holes as well. Our interior defense is not as good as the Bulls but better than that of the Wiz and Cavs. We can't seem to figure out how to play with a lead. Not a bad problem to have as we are good enough to get big leads.
                We have our strengths as well. We have a deep bench. Stats say we are the best offensive team in the East and we don't turn the ball over as much as the Cavs/Bulls/Hawks/WHiz. We rebound better than the Hawks but not as well as the Bulls and about the same as the Cavs.

Its wide open this year my boy and the players know it. How many chances do you really get to play into the finals. These guys have waited a long time for this chance. They are not going to roll over because they have "numerous fundamental flaws".

We have the same chance as anyone else to get to the ECF. As I harped on in my first post...there is no dominant "you can eat my shit team in the east." You can write them off when they lose their last game. That hasn't happened yet.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 25, 2015, 10:56 PM. Reason: atrocious spelling
                - TGO

Comment

Wizards down double digits against Minnesota. Will have lost 12 of their last 16 games after this.

That my friends, is a collapse.

Comment

DDelight wrote: View Post
                    Wizards down double digits against Minnesota. Will have lost 12 of their last 16 games after this.

That my friends, is a collapse.
                    I used to feel bad for Wiz fans but at least they know Wittman's days are numbered.

Comment

The title is a bit overboard no question.

I'd title it as "Raptors true colours are shining through"

Comment

That's it, from now on, McHappy makes thread titles
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          The ideas are essentially the same no? BC started something and Masai finished it by making changes BC refused to make.

Back in November they played some good ball after, I believe, it was an early boston game.

Unfortunately the rest of the league has since figured the raps out, no one has adjusted, and the worst parts of the raptors game are becoming more and more what they are all about.
                          You do know you've been saying that the league has had the raptors figured out since last season right? Some how this year were winning at a .600 clip.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            So after reading the input on this thread those who are in agreement with the Raptors Collapse Continues" could be seen as a group who believes this team as currently constructed and coached is only worthy of being followed if it goes 82 up and 0 down.
                            Some people still believe this is about W/L and not what happens in game...

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              You do know you've been saying that the league has had the raptors figured out since last season right? Some how this year were winning at a .600 clip.
                              You're exaggerating.

My volume of posts might make it seem that long but it has only been since the defense went to shit. Early January I believe.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Some people still believe this is about W/L and not what happens in game...
                                If its not about wins and losses why do they keep score ?
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X