Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    You're exaggerating.

My volume of posts might make it seem that long but it has only been since the defense went to shit. Early January I believe.
    I remember you mentioning over and over again going into the playoffs last year. When Raptors didn't close out the season as hot as when the trade was made.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      So specifically why not the Raps getting to the ECF ?

We have beat the Hawks 3 out of 4 times. We beat them on the road twice.

The Cavs suck on defense at times just like we do. Do you really think of Mozgov or Love as defensive stoppers in the paint ? Really ? Irving is injury prone. Lebron as good as he is can't beat everyone by himself. AND that locker room isn't all that united with Lebron kicking Love in the ass all the time.

We simply own the Wiz. We do. I am not just saying it . No real reason for it but we have lost to them ..what 2 or 3 times over the last three years ? And while most of the whiners and bitchers here think Dwane is fool the Whiz trot out Randy Wittman.

The Bulls have just lost Rose for an extended period of time. Even if he is back in time for the PO you can't reasonably think he will not be worried about that knee and he will be out of game shape. Jimmy Butler is showing signs of having to play 42 minutes a night. That no miss jumper is showing signs of "brick-dom". Noah is hurt. He is not the same guy since his knee surgery. Pau Gasol is 34 years old. The Bulls are not without their holes either.

We have our holes as well. Our interior defense is not as good as the Bulls but better than that of the Wiz and Cavs. We can't seem to figure out how to play with a lead. Not a bad problem to have as we are good enough to get big leads.
      We have our strengths as well. We have a deep bench. Stats say we are the best offensive team in the East and we don't turn the ball over as much as the Cavs/Bulls/Hawks/WHiz. We rebound better than the Hawks but not as well as the Bulls and about the same as the Cavs.

Its wide open this year my boy and the players know it. How many chances do you really get to play into the finals. These guys have waited a long time for this chance. They are not going to roll over because they have "numerous fundamental flaws".

We have the same chance as anyone else to get to the ECF. As I harped on in my first post...there is no dominant "you can eat my shit team in the east." You can write them off when they lose their last game. That hasn't happened yet.
      The rebuilt Cavs are better than you give them credit for. We beat the Hawks twice early this year when Amir, Ross and especially Lowry were playing better than they have been for quite some time. Maybe they get their mojo back. If they do, yeah, we'll be tough to beat. I'll be thrilled if Lowry can play as consistently well as he did earlier this year, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not writing off our team, but my expectations for how this season ends up are obviously lower than yours. The old half empty/half full debate.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

If its not about wins and losses why do they keep score ?
        Seriously this aren't kids. These are pros. The goal is to win as much as possible.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If its not about wins and losses why do they keep score ?
          I was referring to the frustrations on this forum. What you're saying is, people are unsatisfied because we expect to win everything which is untrue. I know a lot of guys (including myself) who were big fans of the team even during the shitty times.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I remember you mentioning over and over again going into the playoffs last year. When Raptors didn't close out the season as hot as when the trade was made.
            Lol well that part sounds about right.

If true, well I was accurate, no? Brooklyn won series.

As for this year, defense gone to poop and .500 ball over last 25 games, sounds like I might be on to something again, unfortunately.

Comment

As for this year, defense gone to poop and .500 ball over last 25 games, sounds like I might be on to something again, unfortunately.
              Give me another team that started as hot as us and kept that up all season not named GSW and ATL. It's hard to be that dominant. You understand if we kept up at that pace we would threatening Chicago's 72-10 season. Do you think this team is as talented as that one? Like how many games did you expect this roster to win this year?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Give me another team that started as hot as us and kept that up all season not named GSW and ATL. It's hard to be that dominant. You understand if we kept up at that pace we would threatening Chicago's 72-10 season. Do you think this team is as talented as that one? Like how many games did you expect this roster to win this year?

That was expecting returning players to be the players they were last year and improvement from Ross and JV (1 out of 2) and dimrpoved bench with Lou and JJ. Clearly derozans game has reverted to his pre all star game, GV regressed, Lowry now regressing, Ross regressing, Amir falling apart.

72 wins and Chicago is hyperbole. I'm well aware teams have ups and downs but the Raptors are playing shit even when they win many nights. Relying on a hot hand night in and night out is dangerous....especially with a porous D.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  He was not put in a team with no draft pick, or no cap space
                  What are you talking about?

He literally did NOT have a first rounder at his first draft. It is part of the public record that he was trying trade into the draft to get Giannis, someone who was still on the board when our draft number was called (but was traded away).

Also, if Masai DOESN'T trade brags AND Gay, what do you think our cap space looks like? I don't think Gay declines his player option 19m in pretty much any circumstance, because there's no way he'd get more money.

BC gets very little credit for the performance of this team. Yes, BC is responsible for our stating unit but the moves Masai has made the last two years are equally important for that success.

Bargnani was CRAP and had been CRAP and everyone in the league new he was CRAP. That's all on BC. He should have traded Bargs two seasons before (at least), and didn't. Yet Masai, somehow magically turned that CRAP into a potential top ten (or if it breaks just right a top five lotto pick. Coangelo probably would have traded Bargs in that offseason, probably, but I doubt he would have been able to pull the heist that Masai did.

The Gay experiment just didn't work. Not entirely Rudy's fault imo, he and derozan just had overlapping skill sets, and they didn't cover up for each others shortcomings. Again, Masai turned that one piece that wasn't working, into a one of the best benches in the league, even Lou was grabbed by trading Salmons. With bargs and gay off the books he had money to resign PP who is young and looks good, GV (meh), and James Johnson, who seems to be on a KILLER two year deal.

Has Masai been perfect? Well actually, pretty much. Am I happy with a second round exit, not really, since the goal is a finals appearance. Even with hindsight, it's hard to come up with credible alternatives, that would have worked as well as what he's done.

I also think that Masai is thinking long term (the bruno pick, is a perfect example), so I'm not worried about this team stalling out. I don't think Masai is afraid to pivot.

Just in general, if you are going to make blanket statements it might be useful to provide examples.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

The bold is interesting.

So many fans laid blame on Bargnani for good reason and just cause.
                    Then fans laid blame on Gay and he has subsequently become a scape goat.
                    But we're seeing the same things with DeRozan and now Lowry.

What is the one constant throughout all of this?
                    #FireCasey

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Some people still believe this is about W/L and not what happens in game...
                      W/L record does matter. How you win or lose does matter and says a lot about yourself.

Comment

You are on target . Some posters want to ignore reality. We are just not that good at present. Our coach fails to make adjustments and our stars are playing low percentage hero ball.

The problems are potentially fixable but you cannot fix a problem if you do not identify what it is ....

For posters like Keon it is good to be positive but convincing yourself to believe something for which there is evidence to the contrary is fools gold.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                          I was referring to the frustrations on this forum. What you're saying is, people are unsatisfied because we expect to win everything which is untrue. I know a lot of guys (including myself) who were big fans of the team even during the shitty times.
                          I (sadly) remember having high hopes for:
                          Loren Woods at center.
                          Lenny Wilkins as a veteran coach.
                          Michael Bradley as a rookie.

A lot of tough times may have jaded some of us, but we are always loyal.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            What are you talking about?

He literally did NOT have a first rounder at his first draft. It is part of the public record that he was trying trade into the draft to get Giannis, someone who was still on the board when our draft number was called (but was traded away).

Also, if Masai DOESN'T trade brags AND Gay, what do you think our cap space looks like? I don't think Gay declines his player option 19m in pretty much any circumstance, because there's no way he'd get more money.

BC gets very little credit for the performance of this team. Yes, BC is responsible for our stating unit but the moves Masai has made the last two years are equally important for that success.

Bargnani was CRAP and had been CRAP and everyone in the league new he was CRAP. That's all on BC. He should have traded Bargs two seasons before (at least), and didn't. Yet Masai, somehow magically turned that CRAP into a potential top ten (or if it breaks just right a top five lotto pick. Coangelo probably would have traded Bargs in that offseason, probably, but I doubt he would have been able to pull the heist that Masai did.

The Gay experiment just didn't work. Not entirely Rudy's fault imo, he and derozan just had overlapping skill sets, and they didn't cover up for each others shortcomings. Again, Masai turned that one piece that wasn't working, into a one of the best benches in the league, even Lou was grabbed by trading Salmons. With bargs and gay off the books he had money to resign PP who is young and looks good, GV (meh), and James Johnson, who seems to be on a KILLER two year deal.

Has Masai been perfect? Well actually, pretty much. Am I happy with a second round exit, not really, since the goal is a finals appearance. Even with hindsight, it's hard to come up with credible alternatives, that would have worked as well as what he's done.

I also think that Masai is thinking long term (the bruno pick, is a perfect example), so I'm not worried about this team stalling out. I don't think Masai is afraid to pivot.

Just in general, if you are going to make blanket statements it might be useful to provide examples.
                            Apparently not everyone.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

You know what? We are not that great guys. I knew we were weak at some positions, but I assumed that our playmaking would make up for it. However, both our PG's have gone SG mode. We are no longer passing against other teams. It's hurting our chances to win and will hinder us if we don't change something soon.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

That was expecting returning players to be the players they were last year and improvement from Ross and JV (1 out of 2) and dimrpoved bench with Lou and JJ. Clearly derozans game has reverted to his pre all star game, GV regressed, Lowry now regressing, Ross regressing, Amir falling apart.

72 wins and Chicago is hyperbole. I'm well aware teams have ups and downs but the Raptors are playing shit even when they win many nights. Relying on a hot hand night in and night out is dangerous....especially with a porous D.
                                And the one common thread with this is DC.....

Comment

Working...
                                X