Raptors Collapse Continues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDelight wrote: View Post
    Lol maybe because the analytics would show that the shot selection from our guards are low % inefficient shots. But yet we've created an offense based entirely around this style of play.
    LMAO...NIIICE !! aka the worst shot in basketball.
    If I may add one more thing, this offense was not "created". It's an organically grown/self-developed offense, ie an offense shaped around the character of whoever has the ball. I believe the PC name for it, it's a "free flow offense".

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      Actually they lost their top analytics guy to the Kings after BC got fired I think.
      Masai uses analytics but not as much as most top teams.
      "Not as much" is most subjective unless you have inside information. Here is his response on the subject...

On the role of advanced statistical analysis in team building

“It’s a great part of the game to know. I think the NBA is trendy. I don’t want to say it’s the trend now. But that’s the nature of us. I think analytics are a huge part. We have a good department that studies the game that way. I study the game that way. With the NBA, that’s just how it is. One day it’s high-school players. The next day it’s international players. Another day it’s the big three. The next day is analytics. Our job is to find out what’s the next thing that is going to be advantageous to us and contribute to winning.”
      http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/27/unplugged/

Comment

Lol maybe because the analytics would show that the shot selection from our guards are low % inefficient shots. But yet we've created an offense based entirely around this style of play.
        That's on the coach, not the GM at this point. Pretty sure masai is on record saying he's looking for young players like ross/bruno who have the ability to hit the 3 and play defense that they can develop. I think masai is just happy letting the whole "We the North" thing attract attention as Casey and his system run amuck while he tries to slowly put his pieces in place

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
          That's on the coach, not the GM at this point. Pretty sure masai is on record saying he's looking for young players like ross/bruno who have the ability to hit the 3 and play defense that they can develop. I think masai is just happy letting the whole "We the North" thing attract attention as Casey and his system run amuck while he tries to slowly put his pieces in place
          Yea over the past 2 seasons, this is the sense I'm getting from Masai. He seems like a GM who lets outcome dictate what his next moves are, as opposed to trying to think 2 steps ahead before everything has transpired.

If Casey doesn't improve and our team starts to regress going forward, Masai will use that as justification to make change. He doesn't strike me as someone who is going to make drastic changes when the team is in 2nd place and on pace for a franchise-setting record.

Comment

Yea over the past 2 seasons, this is the sense I'm getting from Masai. He seems like a GM who lets outcome dictate what his next moves are, as opposed to trying to think 2 steps ahead before everything has transpired.

If Casey doesn't improve and our team starts to regress going forward, Masai will use that as justification to make change. He doesn't strike me as someone who is going to make drastic changes when the team is in 2nd place and on pace for a franchise-setting record.
            DC's status will likely come down to whether we make it past the first round of playoffs or not.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              It sounds as if your so distraught that you are preparing to commit seppuku and die the honourable death of a "true" Raptor fan if the ISO plays continue and the ORTG does not improve. Maybe put a retainer down with Tory's and look into getting some jail time for Casey if ugly ball continues.

When the bell rings to start the second season we will all see if they have what it takes to take a round or two from a couple of good teams. You think they don't have a chance but 15 guys in the room think they do.

It might be heresy but perhaps a few of the hyperbole types might order in and have beers with friends this Friday to watch what should be a wildly entertaining game versus the Warriors and cheer and yell at the TV. Its just sports. Its entertainment. Your passion for this team rings through but all your going to get from your frustration is an ulcer. I said it before and I will say it again in full hyperbole..... Enjoy the best ride in Toronto sports in two decades however imperfect the team you cheer for appears to be.

Stay well Gerald.
              Haha, how very thoughtful of you, but I have no worries about my stomach lining or the level of my emotional investment in the Toronto Raptors. Of course we're all fans here, regardless of differing opinions.

Cheers.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                "Not as much" is most subjective unless you have inside information. Here is his response on the subject...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/27/unplugged/
                Yeah, that was what I was going off of (shoulda quoted it), just implies that while he uses it, at the very least, isn't in usage as much as it was under BC.

And yeah, saying not as much wasn't a good idea, shoulda added as BC. Which is implied not explicit, good god.

Comment

• 8 pages of "raptor collapse"

hahaha

classic

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    8 pages of "raptor collapse"

hahaha

classic
                    With 2 pages of stepbrothers references
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      With 2 pages of stepbrothers references
                      So that's what's going on. Haven't seen it, just kept smiling and nodding.

Comment

hahaha

classic
                        It's a bit over the top, but at the risk of flogging the dead horse it is one way to describe two months of .750 ball followed by two months of .500 ball.

Comment

hahaha

classic
                          Did you see the game tonight?

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Don't worry guys, we're 7-1.

Comment

• Great post game from Grange: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...finition-ugly/

Some of his numbers really make Kerr's impact pop.

Comment

Working...
                                X