Raptors Collapse Continues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    At this point, it doesn't matter who our 1st round matchup is. Anemic defense, and utterly terrible shot selection will get you ousted by anyone with a semi-competent coaching staff.
    Agreed. We are dying a long slow death.

Comment

At this point, it doesn't matter who our 1st round matchup is. Anemic defense, and utterly terrible shot selection will get you ousted by anyone with a semi-competent coaching staff.
      It's why you hope for the Wizards first round. Their coach is as good as ours and we seem to have their number.

...Not to mention, a first round loss to them is at least respectable. I don't know how the reaction would be if we got outted by the Bucks. And I am deathly scared of any team with a competent coach. Not even good or great, just competent. And Kidd has proven to be a really damn good coach.

...I want none of that in the first round. Not even if it ensured Casey was fired.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Raptors collapse complete... This has been building since OT loss at Portland.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          It's why you hope for the Wizards first round. Their coach is as good as ours and we seem to have their number.

...Not to mention, a first round loss to them is at least respectable. I don't know how the reaction would be if we got outted by the Bucks. And I am deathly scared of any team with a competent coach. Not even good or great, just competent. And Kidd has proven to be a really damn good coach.

...I want none of that in the first round. Not even if it ensured Casey was fired.
          Lol!
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I just shit myself.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Lol!
              I was wrong.

As bad as their coach apparently is; he's proven to be significantly better than ours. It was supposed to be the ONE coach in the playoffs ours was better or equal to. While in theory, a loss to the Wizards is at least respectable...but they way we're losing to them is anything BUT respectable.

I was right about the fear of a competent coach though. And of not wanting the Bucks. Imagine how much worse this would be if we had the Bucks instead. Or worse, how much this worse this would be if this was occurring in the second round after we went past the Bucks?

I wanted Casey gone but...damn, I didn't want it like this.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                I was wrong.

As bad as their coach apparently is; he's proven to be significantly better than ours. It was supposed to be the ONE coach in the playoffs ours was better or equal to. While in theory, a loss to the Wizards is at least respectable...but they way we're losing to them is anything BUT respectable.

I was right about the fear of a competent coach though. And of not wanting the Bucks. Imagine how much worse this would be if we had the Bucks instead. Or worse, how much this worse this would be if this was occurring in the second round after we went past the Bucks?

I wanted Casey gone but...damn, I didn't want it like this.
                Hopefully the end justifies the means.

Comment

• It's pretty simple.. defense wins championships. Washington plays defense. Raptors don't. Doesn't matter who the coach is. If you can't play defense, you're not going to win in the playoffs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    It's pretty simple.. defense wins championships. Washington plays defense. Raptors don't. Doesn't matter who the coach is. If you can't play defense, you're not going to win in the playoffs.
                    Yep, Washington figured out that if you force Lou Williams back from the 3pt line he can't hit his fading left 3-point shot, and BOOM, there goes our whole offense.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      It's pretty simple.. defense wins championships. Washington plays defense. Raptors don't. Doesn't matter who the coach is. If you can't play defense, you're not going to win in the playoffs.
                      It takes both, IIRC the last 5-10 championship winning teams were inside (or at least just outside) the top 10 in DRTG and ORTG.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Yep, Washington figured out that if you force Lou Williams back from the 3pt line he can't hit his fading left 3-point shot, and BOOM, there goes our whole offense.
                        To me when they double or crowd Lou he either needs to drive or swing the ball. When you are a one trick pony its easy to take that away.

Comment

• Speculation from someone who likes to troll Raptors fans.....

Bill Simmons' Mailbag Reunion Tour Continues

Hey, everybody, it’s the reeling Raptors! Would Indy trade George Hill and the no. 11 pick for DeMar DeRozan?3 Would Sacramento pony up Darren Collison, Sauce Castillo and the no. 6 pick for Kyle Lowry? Would Denver take the 20th pick and Terrence Ross for Danilo Gallinari? Would the Lakers flip Julius Randle for DeRozan so they could clear the 4-spot for Kevin Love? What kind of Godfather offer for Andrew Wiggins would Flip Saunders have the pleasure of rejecting? What if the Raptors landed no. 6 and no. 11 in Lowry/DeRozan trades, then offered those picks to Flip — along with Toronto’s juicy pick in the 2016 Nuggets-Knicks-Raptors pick swap (Denver gets first choice, Toronto gets second choice, Knicks get nothing and like it) — for the rights to acquire Maple Jordan? What if Flip countered by saying, “You have to throw in Jonas too”?

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Speculation from someone who likes to troll Raptors fans.....

Bill Simmons' Mailbag Reunion Tour Continues
                            sometimes we just got to take are lumps with a grim silence and move on ... this team deserves it atm

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                              sometimes we just got to take are lumps with a grim silence and move on ... this team deserves it atm
                              Ass to mouth?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Ass to mouth?
                                Lol While this is fitting I think he meant at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X