Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Thibs to Toronto next season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tom Thibs to Toronto next season?

    Just for general discussion, with the recent unfortunate rose injury news has again surfaced that Tom Thibs is on his way out of Chicago. Should Toronto scoop him up?
    IMO, yes we should.

  • #2
    No. Great defensive system outweighed by the fact he rides his players into the ground.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

    Comment


    • #3
      Other Scott wrote: View Post
      No. Great defensive system outweighed by the fact he rides his players into the ground.
      This is one of the most exaggerated things in the league. Go back and look through their rosters and mpg. He rarely actually ran guys out that much (usually just one or two guys over 36mpg, which is not at all unusual in this league), and it's usually pretty easy to tell it's because of a lack of depth/talent at certain spots.

      Comment


      • #4
        Other Scott wrote: View Post
        No. Great defensive system outweighed by the fact he rides his players into the ground.
        Lol, he'll play Amir for 42 minutes a game.
        OG is our king

        Comment


        • #5
          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          This is one of the most exaggerated things in the league. Go back and look through their rosters and mpg. He rarely actually ran guys out that much (usually just one or two guys over 36mpg, which is not at all unusual in this league), and it's usually pretty easy to tell it's because of a lack of depth/talent at certain spots.
          This is my stance exactly, he is an elite coach.. Hell he was a coach for team USA this past summer. DD was really good for team USA, I feel that our roster is better suited to a coach like him, and he would give the kind of sometimes harsh direction this teams needs. Like I said though just my opinion.

          Comment


          • #6
            consmap wrote: View Post
            Lol, he'll play Amir for 42 minutes a game.
            Not a chance, if anything I could see him stepping in and immediately swapping Amir/2pat rolls on the squad. If there was one player he would give alot of run I would assume it to be JJ.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would say yes.

              Something big needs to be changed with this team, mostly for the sanity of everyone watching.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

              Comment


              • #8
                007 wrote: View Post
                I would say yes.

                Something big needs to be changed with this team, mostly for the sanity of everyone watching.
                I think that train sailed ages ago....
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Interview with Thibodeau on the subj. of working players too hard and other stuff...

                  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rets/22520951/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    bulls arent even top 10 in defense anymore, and they're barely cracking top 10 in offense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      This is one of the most exaggerated things in the league. Go back and look through their rosters and mpg. He rarely actually ran guys out that much (usually just one or two guys over 36mpg, which is not at all unusual in this league), and it's usually pretty easy to tell it's because of a lack of depth/talent at certain spots.
                      I've never heard one single player ever complain about playing too much. Even retired players, with nothing to gain or lose by being honest. Never.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        golden wrote: View Post
                        I've never heard one single player ever complain about playing too much. Even retired players, with nothing to gain or lose by being honest. Never.
                        Who ever complains about playing too much? If it is happening, it's not like a player is going to be the one to tell you.

                        Anyways, I may have been misinformed, but that was the sense I got. Jimmy Butler is playing 2 minutes per game more than anyone else in the league. The gap between him and 2nd is the same as the gap between the 2nd place person, Kyrie Irving, and 12th place. Pau Gasol, who is getting up there and should probably be playing reduced minutes, is basically playing the same number of minutes as Kyle Lowry.

                        I'm really big on giving players proper rest for long and short term health. And the health track record in Chicago has not been good, even putting aside Derrick Rose.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          Who ever complains about playing too much? If it is happening, it's not like a player is going to be the one to tell you.

                          Anyways, I may have been misinformed, but that was the sense I got. Jimmy Butler is playing 2 minutes per game more than anyone else in the league. The gap between him and 2nd is the same as the gap between the 2nd place person, Kyrie Irving, and 12th place. Pau Gasol, who is getting up there and should probably be playing reduced minutes, is basically playing the same number of minutes as Kyle Lowry.

                          I'm really big on giving players proper rest for long and short term health. And the health track record in Chicago has not been good, even putting aside Derrick Rose.
                          Maybe those guys in Chicago are just injury prone. Noah, Gibson, Deng...they've all missed games regardless of their minutes load. Noah was missing games in his early years when he wasn't even clearing 30mpg.

                          Butler is playing a lot of minutes...what other options does he have on the wing? Dunleavy's been injured a lot this year (and he missed games in recent stints in Indy and Milly too), and their depth chart sucks at the wing. That's also a big reason Deng used to play heavy minutes for them year in and year out.

                          Gasol as well has been forced into it a lot because of Noah being injured. They don't have another useful guy with the size to play C. He simply can't afford to limit him more if the mandate is to win games. Can't be relying on Mohammed and Bairstow.

                          It's falsely attributing causation to Thibs playing them a lot, IMO, when they've just done a shit job building deep rosters. Not to mention Chicago's one of the cheapest organizations out there and I wonder how good their medical/training staff and facilities are.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                            Just for general discussion, with the recent unfortunate rose injury news has again surfaced that Tom Thibs is on his way out of Chicago. Should Toronto scoop him up?
                            IMO, yes we should.
                            Yes. Would take him in a heartbeat over DC.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              bulls arent even top 10 in defense anymore, and they're barely cracking top 10 in offense.
                              Pau Gasol has a lot to do with that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X