X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11
    replied
    Other Scott wrote: View Post
    And no one is worried in the slightest about the underlying reasons why Thibs is about to be fired from Chicago? Like, it's not even registering as a concern?
    It's not basketball related, the Bulls FO doesn't like Thibs and Thibs doesn't like them.

It all started when they let go of Thibs right hand man Ron Adams and the relationship between them has been deteriorating ever since

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    And no one is worried in the slightest about the underlying reasons why Thibs is about to be fired from Chicago? Like, it's not even registering as a concern?

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    What if we fire Casey and Thibs goes somewhere else?
    Hire someone else. Thibs is just a great option, he's not even close to the only option. Knowing Masai, he probably already has a new coach picked out.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Look for a different coach

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    still a win in my book

Leave a comment:

replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Yesssss!

Fire him you embeciles!

If Thibs is available this summer and Masai doesn't Fire Casey, I will lose my shit

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Did some research on Adams. He is really old - like late 60's or something like that. I wonder if he has enough gas left in the tank for his first head coaching gig, or if he'd even want that kind of headache at his age.

And for some reason, I just don't see a Thibs being Masai's kind of guy. Masai is all about relationships and having a greater purpose outside of basketball. Thibs is a 'basketball bachelor' who pretty much eats, sleeps and breathes basketball 24/7. On the surface, it doesn't look like a great coach-GM fit, but who knows?
    Adams left the Celtics after one year with 2 years left on his deal to return to his home state of California. He's 67, he's not coming to TO to be a head coach nor should we really want him for that.

As for Thibs being someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes basketball.... Have you already forgotten Masai's Blackberry Passport ad??? Kidding. I personally think Masai could get along with anyone, it's more of a question as to whether his and Thibs's basketball philosophies would mesh.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Ron Adams would be awesome for defense. Not so sure about offense. But he probably coulda learned something under Thibs and Kerr.
    Did some research on Adams. He is really old - like late 60's or something like that. I wonder if he has enough gas left in the tank for his first head coaching gig, or if he'd even want that kind of headache at his age.

And for some reason, I just don't see a Thibs being Masai's kind of guy. Masai is all about relationships and having a greater purpose outside of basketball. Thibs is a 'basketball bachelor' who pretty much eats, sleeps and breathes basketball 24/7. On the surface, it doesn't look like a great coach-GM fit, but who knows?

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post

Friedell is the ESPN Bulls beat reporter.
    Yesssss!

Fire him you embeciles!

If Thibs is available this summer and Masai doesn't Fire Casey, I will lose my shit

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied

Friedell is the ESPN Bulls beat reporter.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    We were 18th before the Knicks game, and now we're 20th. It's puzzling given that we've added our new best wing defender in JJ, and that Val and Ross, two of our most inexperienced guys, are playing less than they did last year.
    Maybe Salmons was better then we give him credit for?

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    DRTGs under Casey

2011-12 - 14th
    2012-13 - 22nd
    2013-14 - 10th
    2014-15 - currently 17th

Basically average. No sustained success on the defensive end.

Getting guys to play D is admirable. It's obviously better than finishing 30th like under Triano. However getting any group of guys to commit will usually launch a team out of the defensive gutter and into averageness.
    We were 18th before the Knicks game, and now we're 20th. It's puzzling given that we've added our new best wing defender in JJ, and that Val and Ross, two of our most inexperienced guys, are playing less than they did last year.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Ron Adams would be awesome for defense. Not so sure about offense. But he probably coulda learned something under Thibs and Kerr.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    What about Mike Malone? The dude that got fired from Sac town, he seems like a good tough coach
    Wanted him right from the start. Also has a connection to the Raptors through his father. He's a better regular season and development coach but might not be a playoff coach although he would still be better in the playoffs than Casey. MU should fire Casey now and promote Nurse or Bayno. A new coach would want new assistants.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    What about Mike Malone? The dude that got fired from Sac town, he seems like a good tough coach

Leave a comment:

Working...
X